• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez news

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really think about it much, but looking at overthecap, only Calvin has more guaranteed $'s than $35M. Actually other than Calvin the next highest is Wallace at $27M guaranteed. So $35 seems more than fair for Dez. You can even say it's a little high if anything.

edit: spotrac shows Wallace at $30M guaranteed. Not sure which is right and too lazy to analyze the #'s and figure it out. Usually its overthecap from what I have found. Either way, my point still holds.
which is why I said the highest I'd go while others see no problem with 40.
bigger problem is neither team whats to set the market and then be topped by a few bucks.

screw it....tag um both

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe his rights could be traded, but if you were the Raiders would you trade that and have to pay Dez? I know I wouldn't.
As bad as the Raiders have been, it's hard to imagine them landing a player like Dez through FA. They couldn't give away their money this year. Best case for the Boys is to just meet in the middle and get him here

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you can use it next year on Julio or Green and still have a few million and the 3rd round pick to boot...I never said anything about average players. Maybe Hardy goes crazy on the field and puts up 20+ sacks, moves away from his legal issues and we sign him instead. There are always options and no non-QB is irreplaceable or worth letting yourselves get held hostage for. I don't know how many times I can say I want to sign Dez, but not if the dollars get too high and not if he sits a game.

What makes you think Green or Julio will want any less than what Dez does? Green is already on record saying forward to his big payday next year....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why I said the highest I'd go while others see no problem with 40.
bigger problem is neither team whats to set the market and then be topped by a few bucks.

screw it....tag um both

Agree. The rules are in place and the rules are fair. if these guys don't like it they can go bag groceries or learn to throw the Football. Just like if the teams refuse to give them fair value they will eventually lose them. I hate ultimatums and have trouble understanding how we are supposed to feel sorry for a guy that has a one year $13M offer on the table that he feels is an insult. I still don't believe Dez can bring himself to miss a regular season game and I guess if you read his tweet carefully he never said he was going to miss a game...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think Green or Julio will want any less than what Dez does? Green is already on record saying forward to his big payday next year....

Really? I read Greens recent quotes and Julio's too. I must have missed the part where they said they want more than Calvin as I was focusing on the part where they both said they'd never hold out...And who isn't going to get a "big payday"? Dez has a $13M deal for one year. Isn't that a "big payday"? Again, I'm not saying we will get Green. I'm saying there are options out there and also saying paying stud WRs $15M isn't necessarily the way to win a Championship.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may sound completely absurd, but does Dez have a no trade clause? If he won't budge and it comes down to him sitting out regular season games, the Raiders have a ton of cap space. How about Amari Cooper and the Raiders 2016 1st round (likely top 10) draft pick. I'd rather have Dez, but this rookie year salary structure change has both sides thinking they are right, which could mean no one budges

No he doesn't have a no trade clause, but I'm not sure if you can trade a player once he signs his tag. You can trade his rights before I know, but not sure once the ink dries.

On your trade offer. I don't think there is any way the Raiders would trade Cooper, next years 1st round pick and swap $23M over the next 4 years for $52+M. But, if they are interested I would do that trade in a second as long as the Cowboys scouts are as high on Cooper as most others seem to be. It's not just the trade of the players, but also the salary savings and age difference that would make that a great trade for us IMO.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this discussion heated up. Lot's of point to address, so I'm not going to quote everyone...

-- Some are drawing the line at 35 million guaranteed, and that's fine, I get it, you have to draw the line somewhere. Me, I would go up to 40 million guaranteed if it would get the deal done. The additional 5 million dollars would be negligible over the life of the contract. My max offer would be 6yrs/90mil w/ 40mil guaranteed. Dez is about as good a bet as any WR (or any non QB) in the NFL to make good on that kind of money in terms of production.

-- I feel like Dallas could have avoided a lot of this B.S. had they not tried to low ball the original offer so bad. Dallas had a major hand in creating the contentious situation we now have. As many have pointed out, these contract negotiations are about respect as well as money. Dez felt disrespected by that original offer, it seems, and it's not hard to see why.

-- There is about a less than 1% chance A.J. Green or Julio Jones would end up in Dallas next year if Dez were to walk. LOL. First, Jones and Green would be tagged themselves for at least one year before leaving their respective teams. Secondly, if those two ever hit the open market teams like Jacksonville, Tennessee, St. Louis, Cleveland etc. would throw so much money at those guys it would make even Jerry Jones blush. A.J. Green, if he stays on his current trajectory, may be the cream of the WR crop - his first three years are better than any other WR's first three in the league.

-- Greg Hardy is a rental. I said it before the draft, and I believe it even more now that Gregory is on board. If Hardy is the same guy as he was in 2013 he will probably price himself out of Dallas. Or maybe Hardy gets the tag next year, but I do not see him in Dallas on a long term deal. JMO

-- All in all, if Dallas can keep Dez for 6/90/40guaranteed or less, I don't see that as a hindrance to any future plans Dallas might have. For the guys saying "all it takes is one hit and he is done", that's a bogus argument to make in the NFL since that could happen to anyone. But since some are making that argument, I thought I should point out that is one of the very big reasons Dez is so adamant about getting a long term deal done. It's hypocritical to use that argument as to why Dallas shouldn't give him big guaranteed money. Injuries are a big part of the NFL (unfortunately) and both the team and player need to share in that risk.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years, 90M, 40 guaranteed is fine as long years 5 and 6 his salary = 45M. Give him 30M signing bonus let him play 4 years and release him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will jerrah cave in? Dez imo is acting like a dbag right now. Not sure what to make of the collusion story. The future is at stake and I don't want to see dez get a huge contract that causes us to lose the investment we have on the ol

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years, 90M, 40 guaranteed is fine as long years 5 and 6 his salary = 45M. Give him 30M signing bonus let him play 4 years and release him.

Why would Dez's agent accept that offer? Do you guys not realize that Tom Condon is one of the top agents out there? He is not going to let Dez go for peanuts. 11 million a year is not going to get it done -- what don't you guys understand?

Year 1-2: 13 million
Year 3-4: 15 million
Year 5-6: 17 million

Guaranteed 10 million a year over the first 4 years. Years 5-6 would be the throw away years, assuming his contract isn't restructured to high hell.

Last edited:

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone else read the article that basically said the following:

1. Not signing the tag offer and skipping a few games may not hurt Dez at all. He could easily sign a one year deal for more that the tag amount, making up any money lost for two games.
2. Dez could sign the tag with a guarantee that they wont tag him year, virtually making him a free agent. Then the Cowboys would have to pay out of the nose to resign him.

Just pay the man something reasonable today. That dumbass original offer should have never seen the light of day.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pay the man something reasonable today. That dumbass original offer should have never seen the light of day.

This 1000%. Very poor decision on, I'm guessing, Stephen's part. Stephen seems to like to play hard ball with these guys, and it may have bitten him this time.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Dez's agent accept that offer? Do you guys not realize that Tom Condon is one of the top agents out there? He is not going to let Dez go for peanuts. 11 million a year is not going to get it done -- what don't you guys understand?

Year 1-2: 13 million
Year 3-4: 15 million
Year 5-6: 17 million

Guaranteed 10 million a year over the first 4 years. Years 5-6 would be the throw away years, assuming his contract isn't restructured to high hell.

Is that salary or year or does it include his signing bonus?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is Dez acting like a dbag? He played out his contract, put up crazy numbers the last three years of said contract and is arguable one of the biggest and strongest WR in the game.....in his prime.

pay the man, he's earned it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- I feel like Dallas could have avoided a lot of this B.S. had they not tried to low ball the original offer so bad. Dallas had a major hand in creating the contentious situation we now have. As many have pointed out, these contract negotiations are about respect as well as money. Dez felt disrespected by that original offer, it seems, and it's not hard to see why.

What are you basing this on? How do you know what the original offer was? How was the team low balling their original offer any different than Dez asking for more money than Calvin (if he really is)?

IMO The respect thing is BS. It's all about the money and it's always all about the money...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can not pay Dez that kinda money if it's me...maybe Dallas will, I keep seeing Dez run out on the field to contest a defensive call against Detroit that by all accounts shoulda been a penalty and cost this team a PLAYOFF win.
Wonder what this boards tune would be this offseason had that happened. 30/35M guaranteed is more than enough respect and borderline stupid considering the player...least in my opinion

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is Dez acting like a dbag? He played out his contract, put up crazy numbers the last three years of said contract and is arguable one of the biggest and strongest WR in the game.....in his prime.

pay the man, he's earned it.
so when did 12.8M for one season become chump chance?