• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez news

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is a huge talent but also a huge possible risk. While he has earned a new contract the value of said contract is whats trying to be determined. I side with the Cowboys on this 1 and if Dez decides to holdout of training camp that is his Choice albeit a stupid 1 that's simply costs him money. When he decides to come back so be it but that's not to say the offer should be increased from what is Fair market value.

This is all about Roc Nation and their trying to build a company and mercurial WR who has an inflated value of what his actual worth is.

JMHO

Exactly what is the huge possible risk?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez isn't going to miss games, he's full of shit. It's all just lip service to try and get a long term deal.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what is the huge possible risk?

If you don't think Dez is a risk of doing something stupid you haven't followed Dez. Yes he's behaved more than not but he was in that family dispute and there is a possible Walmart video that could be a major problem.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys are offering unsigned franchise player Dez Bryant more than $12.8 million per year in long-term talks, but that the sides "have a long way to go."

$12.8 million is what Bryant would make under the franchise tag. Although Rapsheet reports Bryant is seeking "more than Megatron money" — Calvin Johnson's deal is for eight years and $150.5 million — the Cowboys apparently aren't buying his holdout threat because of how much time he's spent at the team facility this offseason. Nevertheless, Rapsheet's colleague Rand Getlin reports that "sources close" to Bryant "insist" he's ready to stay away. We'll have a much clearer idea of where the sides stand in 24 hours.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can side with the Cowboys and JJ all you want on this but I am on Dez's side here. I remember trying to fill that position with Ismail, trading picks for Roy Williams and putting up with T.O. Hard to replace a top 5 talent. The way Dez plays with reckless abandon I have no issue with him sitting out because JJ is playing hard ball. It frustrates me to see that we were willing to be on the hook with Hardy for 13M but have an issue giving Dez a long term deal. Bullshit. Of all the stupid money and wasted picks traded away that has occurred in the JJ era, paying Dez his money makes more sense than most of his decisions.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think Dez is a risk of doing something stupid you haven't followed Dez. Yes he's behaved more than not but he was in that family dispute and there is a possible Walmart video that could be a major problem.

That is all OLD news. Dez has been nothing but the most passionate Cowboyz since day one & productive. Exactly how many games has he missed due to ALL of his off the field issue? Take Dez off the field the Cowboyz wouldn't even be a Top 10 offense..

#Pay the MAN

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez needs to stop tweeting about this nonsense and keep it in-house. He's inviting unnecessary hate for himself and he's losing sympathy from his fans and the organization. I've said it once and I'll say it again, twitter was one of the worst things ever created.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all OLD news. Dez has been nothing but the most passionate Cowboyz since day one & productive. Exactly how many games has he missed due to ALL of his off the field issue? Take Dez off the field the Cowboyz wouldn't even be a Top 10 offense..

#Pay the MAN

Sure pay him FAIR MARKET VALUE.and make sure that the contract has all kinds of kickbacks for bad off the field behavior.

Your acting like this guy is a complete saint. Come on Man. And Old news still sticks around. 200 attaboys don't make up for 1 awwww shit. Fact like it or not. Fair, well that's in the eyes of whose side your looking at.
Dez has made mistakes and he has learned from them I hope. Nothing we know about says he has had any issues off the field with his protective detail in tow Right?

So your about to give this young man LIFE CHANGING MONEY that could possibly hamstring your franchise if he does something dumb again. Your telling me that you would not be very cautious in the amount and the approach that you take?

None of the above even touch the fact that the WR position is in complete flux as to its value.

Both sides have some give and take to done to get a Fair deal done. If not he gets to play for the Franchise tag and gets tagged again next year if they cant come to an agreement.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Risk is not weighed on a scale by itself in the NFL.
It is put on a balance scale with talent being the counterweight.

The Hardy deal being the perfect example.

Dez's talent has been on display and then some. And for the most part he has keep his nose clean.
I'm thinking if you don't see Dez is worth the risk at this point and time, you probably never will.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can side with the Cowboys and JJ all you want on this but I am on Dez's side here. I remember trying to fill that position with Ismail, trading picks for Roy Williams and putting up with T.O. Hard to replace a top 5 talent. The way Dez plays with reckless abandon I have no issue with him sitting out because JJ is playing hard ball. It frustrates me to see that we were willing to be on the hook with Hardy for 13M but have an issue giving Dez a long term deal. Bullshit. Of all the stupid money and wasted picks traded away that has occurred in the JJ era, paying Dez his money makes more sense than most of his decisions.

Over paying QB'a already hurts the cap overpaying two players makes it harder to build acteam with depth. Just because the Lions payed CJ that much doesn't mean Dallas has to follow suit.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risk is not weighed on a scale by itself in the NFL.
It is put on a balance scale with talent being the counterweight.

The Hardy deal being the perfect example.

Dez's talent has been on display and then some. And for the most part he has keep his nose clean.
I'm thinking if you don't see Dez is worth the risk at this point and time, you probably never will.

Just how risk is Dez worth. If reports that Dallas is offering nearly 13 per year isn't close how much does Dez want?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure pay him FAIR MARKET VALUE.and make sure that the contract has all kinds of kickbacks for bad off the field behavior.

Your acting like this guy is a complete saint. Come on Man. And Old news still sticks around. 200 attaboys don't make up for 1 awwww shit. Fact like it or not. Fair, well that's in the eyes of whose side your looking at.
Dez has made mistakes and he has learned from them I hope. Nothing we know about says he has had any issues off the field with his protective detail in tow Right?

So your about to give this young man LIFE CHANGING MONEY that could possibly hamstring your franchise if he does something dumb again. Your telling me that you would not be very cautious in the amount and the approach that you take?

None of the above even touch the fact that the WR position is in complete flux as to its value.

Both sides have some give and take to done to get a Fair deal done. If not he gets to play for the Franchise tag and gets tagged again next year if they cant come to an agreement.

Any negotiation has to have some give & take, but dont try to low ball the man. I am hearing they only offering him 20M in guarantee money. Hell he would get more than that in back to back franchise tag.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't mean this as an insult, but most people just don't grasp or maybe just lose track of the idea of signing/retaining players in a cap world. Dez is fantastic. He means a lot to our team. BUT, every player has a value that you don't pay over. Even if you think we can "afford it", every dollar we give Dez is a dollar we don't have for the next guy. If we don't have Dez we can use those dollars on a different player. I hear comments like "sign Dez", but what does that mean? Just sign him no matter what? If Dez wants Calvin money he needs to go elsewhere. It's not just about rich Jerry, it's about what a $15M contract does to the rest of your team. You can't possibly feel he is worth what Calvin was when he signed that deal. I also find it hard to believe that we can't find better use of like $15M per year and probably a 3rd round pick. I don't know what the offer is from the team or what Dez really wants so I won't comment on whose side I'm on, but I know I'm against Dez if he misses a game or even comes to a game at less than 100% in regards to game shape Or mentally.

Your Hardy comparison is way off base IMO. Dez and Hardy at 100% and without external issues are probably worth the same amount. Hardy has a ridiculously good contract for Dallas. I'm not sure how aware of it you are, but we could basically cut him at almost no cost if we want. If he doesn't play we don't pay him. And it's incentive based!!! Hardy only gets $13M if he basically plays like an All Pro and plays 16 games.

And what does Roy Williams and prior wasted picks or free agent moves have to do with it? Because we screwed up before we must sign Dez? The only position you can't win without in the NFL without a boatload of luck or talent in other areas is QB. Dez is a great player, but how many recent SB winners won because of their top WR? And of all these top WR contracts we refer to when saying what Dez should get or who else is up for a big contract soon, how many of those GREAT WRs are on SB winners? I'm all for signing Dez because I think he is a great player, but I think WRs are way overpaid right now and I'm drawing a line in the sand and if he doesn't like it I'm tagging him twice and moving on.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just how risk is Dez worth. If reports that Dallas is offering nearly 13 per year isn't close how much does Dez want?

Guaranteed money is the only thing that matters in NFL contracts. That will tell the true story...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any negotiation has to have some give & take, but dont try to low ball the man. I am hearing they only offering him 20M in guarantee money. Hell he would get more than that in back to back franchise tag.

I have heard 30 million but who knows I want him signed but within reason

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over paying QB'a already hurts the cap overpaying two players makes it harder to build acteam with depth. Just because the Lions payed CJ that much doesn't mean Dallas has to follow suit.

We didn't over pay our QB we restructured him to the point where he is now. The tag is for 12.8M so we would be overpaying what he would cost if there was a deal in place. My point is there is nothing wrong with penny pinching on players but Dez (top 5 WR) has earned the right not to be one of those players.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometime ago I read that another thing Dez is looking for in his contract is more freedom, meaning no chaperons.

Does anyone here think that four years of having a chaperon has made Dez into a reasonable person? I have my suspicions that if he gets his way with that and gets somewhere in between what he's asking and what their offering, then we are going to see more off the field issues arise.