• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like something could be happening. I'm not worried if nothing happens, but would nice to see something get done especially because if Hardy's suspension is significantly reduced we'd probably need a lot more cap space.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like something could be happening. I'm not worried if nothing happens, but would nice to see something get done especially because if Hardy's suspension is significantly reduced we'd probably need a lot more cap space.

This is a puzzle piece that needs to be put back in it's place.
This year I see the potential for this club to be the highest it's been since 2007.

But last years game and so many like it show just how easily fortunes can sway will a fumble here or
a missed catch there.

Yea, he could not secure the big catch last year. But we know the odds of him being the difference maker in key games are very good.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a puzzle piece that needs to be put back in it's place.
This year I see the potential for this club to be the highest it's been since 2007.

But last years game and so many like it show just how easily fortunes can sway will a fumble here or
a missed catch there.

Yea, he could not secure the big catch last year. But we know the odds of him being the difference maker in key games are very good.

It was a catch. It's a stupid rule! Just saying...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dnt pay dez....

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Dallas is just stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one hand I complete understand not destroying your cap over one player at a position where theres a lot of good players at. But on the flip side Dez is so friggin good that he deserves to be paid like Megatron and Fitz. I really dont know what the answer is.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Dallas is just stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one hand I complete understand not destroying your cap over one player at a position where theres a lot of good players at. But on the flip side Dez is so friggin good that he deserves to be paid like Megatron and Fitz. I really dont know what the answer is.

I think he knows he will get paid. None of the big WR's that are up for contracts right now want to be the first that sets the bar.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he knows he will get paid. None of the big WR's that are up for contracts right now want to be the first that sets the bar.

someone has to agree first. It's very interesting because they are all very close in value. Thomas, Dez and Julio. How do you say one is worth more than the others? IMO it goes Julio, Dez and then a little drop to Thomas, but I get people putting them in any order. None of them are close to Calvin (no one is) and all of them are miles better than Fitz. Fitz isn't top 20 IMO and hasn't even been top 10 for a few years...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone has to agree first. It's very interesting because they are all very close in value. Thomas, Dez and Julio. How do you say one is worth more than the others? IMO it goes Julio, Dez and then a little drop to Thomas, but I get people putting them in any order. None of them are close to Calvin (no one is) and all of them are miles better than Fitz. Fitz isn't top 20 IMO and hasn't even been top 10 for a few years...

For me, of the 4 big time receivers that will be paid in the next year, my list goes like this...

1. Dez - He is the one receiver on this list that is asked to shoulder the most responsibility. Dez sees more double (and sometimes triple) coverage than any of the other 3 guys on this list, except for maybe A.J. Green. D.Thomas and J.Jones both have always had legit #2 receivers that teams have had to game plan for. And in Jones' case, Roddy White was a legit #1 option until Jones came along. Meanwhile, you will never see teams roll coverage away from Dez in favor of Williams - ever. Of this group of 4 receivers, Dez sees the least amount of single coverage and gets the fewest amount of targets, but still puts up comparable (and in some measures better) numbers. Call me a homer, but there is not a more dominant WR on the outside, or in the redzone. Megatron isn't what he used to be...

2. D.Thomas - Thomas has had rock solid production since he got a real QB, and over the last 3 years has numbers that stack up favorably with anyone (including Megatron). Yes, he plays with Peyton Manning, but Thomas is without a doubt one of the most explosive players in the league. Thomas is the best in the league when it comes to Y.A.C. The guys stays on the field, too, which is why I have him listed over Jones.

3. A.J. Green - His production fell off last year as he was a little banged up, but this guy absolutely belongs in this class of WR. Green is asked to shoulder a lot of responsibility in the Bengals passing offense, and doesn't have a strong QB throwing him the ball either. And without a reliable #2 option behind him, Green sees the most targets per game of any on this list. Last year aside, Green's production in his first 3 years was exceptional. Green could make a case as the best of the bunch.

4. J.Jones - Jones has all the talent in the world, and has some pretty numbers to go with it. The guy has trouble staying healthy though. Jones could make a case for #2 on this list without the injury concerns, but his production doesn't stack up to this point.

JMHO

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Hardy's suspension going from 10 games to 4, Dez HAS to get done soon...right??

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Hardy's suspension going from 10 games to 4, Dez HAS to get done soon...right??

I was thinking that earlier when I saw the suspension went to 4 games. Jerry might as well go ahead and get it done.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the unknown about Hardy had both sides willing to wait.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that Hardy's suspension being reduced has anything to do with Dez's contract situation. If anything, with the large reduction in games, Dallas has less money to throw at the first year of the deal. I think the issues are independent of each other.

Seems what Dallas was really waiting on was Denver to pull the trigger with D.Thomas first. Now reports are coming out about possible collusion between Denver and Dallas front offices in regards to negotiating the contracts for Bryant and Thomas. These two will get nearly identical deals. No matter the circumstances, a deal will have to come in the next 4 days.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...to some degree it's a game of not wanting to set the market... but I also think Dallas is good with Dez on the f-tag IF his council isn't willing to come off this 50M, high forty's guaranteed stuff. It's a business first!!

35M guaranteed is about as high as I would go on a multi year deal

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...to some degree it's a game of not wanting to set the market... but I also think Dallas is good with Dez on the f-tag IF his council isn't willing to come off this 50M, high forty's guaranteed stuff. It's a business first!!

If he doesn't come off that price, would you deal him at the deadline for picks and try to find his replacement in the draft? I almost would. The fact that there are 4 legit #1's up for FA right now tells me the market is about to be saturated with top end FA's. Kids grew up running the ball and in the 90's they all started to hit the NFL and we had some great RB's. Then west-coast became the rage and that is what pop warner through college started playing. So kids can flat out catch the ball and run routes now. So we have seen a drop off in the skill of RB's, but more WR's coming out. If we could secure some good picks and Dez keeps asking for megatron money, then let's not handcuff ourself for the next 5 years and just try to replace him. I never would have said that two years ago when we finally had another playmaker but the cap forces teams to be smarter now. We can't have half our cap tied up between our QB and a WR.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think 35-40 million guaranteed is a good compromise. I can't say I blame Dez for playing hardball, though. Dallas low balled the shit out of him with their initial offer. 20 million guaranteed with an average of 10 million a year over the first 6 seasons seems a little insulting for a guy of Dez's caliber -- that's not even Jeremy Maclin money.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 35-40 million guaranteed is a good compromise. I can't say I blame Dez for playing hardball, though. Dallas low balled the shit out of him with their initial offer. 20 million guaranteed with an average of 10 million a year over the first 6 seasons seems a little insulting for a guy of Dez's caliber -- that's not even Jeremy Maclin money.

Contracts like that are the future though. Lot's of outs for the teams in case the player gets complacent or hurt.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contracts like that are the future though. Lot's of outs for the teams in case the player gets complacent or hurt.

I get that. No doubt a market correction is coming in terms of WR's. But still, to offer him less than Maclin has received is indefensible.

Stephen, or Jerry can't go to Tom Condon in good conscious and say "we think Dez should accept a deal that will pay him less than Maclin and Mike Wallace". That's not even close to fair market value, even if a correction is on the horizon

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its business now and love him or hate him Jerry Jones very seldom loses in a business deal. The Cowboys have the upper hand in the negotiation's. I think they will both comprise some and get it done but.....

Its a game of chicken and my money is on the Cowboys not to blink first