• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

devs30rko, question!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since, you're the local expert on prospect development, can you please enlighten us all to the proper method of developing prospects, IYO.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha honored for the accolade

but my view, personally i think jacques said it best last year when they were asking him if urbom could make the team, if he can play i want him..

as far as i go, im a believer that you put a player where they belong ability-wise, as long as they can actually play.

josefson is probably our best example, from everyone here who saw him, he's undoubtedly an nhl talent, but in this year, with the roster they way it is, and the season going the way it has how much is he going to be able to play here? 5 minutes a game? 8 at best?

a player like him you only bring up if he's going to be seeing 10+
there is no good in it for the team or the player if you bring up a skill oriented and he doesn't see the ice. so him being in albany does make sense to me.

one of the reasons tedenby being scratched for so long bothered me so much is to me at least, and i think most devils fans, its clear he belongs in the top 6 or at least being mixed in with them, and probably seeing close to around 12-15 minutes. for the teams sake you don't send that player down, but for the players sake he needs to be playing.

of our current young guns heres my view...

tedenby- best of the bunch, clearly an unbelievable skill set and you'll be hard pressed to find me 5 players even in the nhl with hands like his. could put up points in the 70's range if he does how i think he's capable of doing

josefson- 2nd line center, 45-50 pts a year, maybe more. good skillset but i don't expect to see him being all that aggressive on the attack, more of a balance type of player in your top 6

palmieri- 35 pts? 50 if were really lucky, essentially the type of player langs was for the majority of his career before meeting mr. parise, but maybe a bit more of a force around the net.

taormina- i personally don't know if he'll last if he comes back under lemaire. it could be great for him, because his defense NEEDS work. i understand most were excited cause he scores here and there, something we haven't had a rookie d man do since rafalski. but i saw tao turn the puck over more than mottau did before he got hurt. all depends on how jacques handles him if he comes back under his guide.

corrente- bust. makes a nice hit here and there, but runs around like a chicken with his head cut off looking to get in the middle of shit. no patience and no head for the game.

zharkov- mix john madden and jay pando. not quite the same defensive abilities as the two, but i assume he could put up 35 pts a year, maybe more if were lucky and he'll bolster the 3rd line in a year or two. sound player who doesn't hurt the team and finds ways to create energy without being an idiot.

urbom- not sure, i think he could break in well if he gets another good chance, i feel like his confidence may have taken a hit under mac. he'd probably be a good replacement for a guy like white. same size, same type of game, but more mobility with the puck and moving the puck

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if henrique were to ever make it i have a hard time seeing him as more than a 3rd liner in all honesty

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw guys.....

wedgewood and clermont are both looking pretty good.

while i'm a bigger fan of clermont, i will say wedgewoods looking like he could be a steal

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and if henrique were to ever make it i have a hard time seeing him as more than a 3rd liner in all honesty

Do you think they might be trying to convert Henrique to a winger? I know they have him doing that now in Albany. In fact their entire first line according to ILWT is made of centers. I haven't watched henrique play a single game, but ILWT says he's basically been on a p/g pace since he returned from an early injury. He was obviously dynamite last year in JR, but I don't know how much of that was playing with Hall or was it Sequin? I can't remember.

I was pretty shocked to see him get sent to the minors without a game in camp, but if he keeps up this point production, he'll certainly make a case for himself next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do you think about Vasyunov?

Also, I feel the same way about Tedenby, for a guy his size he makes so freaking much space for himself in the zone. His acceleration is ridiculous. He'd probably even leave Parise in the dust at least in terms of acceleration. Zach's top end speed isn't super elite, but still plenty.

One last question for now: Do you think the A Devils should be playing Urbom on the PP? I was actually surprised how he ended up describing his offensive game in camp, as being around or a little less than Tallinder's level. I can't see making him get lots of PP time in would hurt his defensive grooming. Note: I'm not necessarily saying they want him to get more aggressive in 5v5 situations.

The Devils obviously aren't a rush and transition offense, so having Urbom being comfortable providing conservative pressure when the Devils are cycling might be really helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were them i'd at least be giving urbom looks one the pp.

however not big time unless he proved himself obv.

but henrique has looked great, i just have an off feelign on him, like he might never make the jump. heres to hoping i'm wrong. i get the feeling in albany they want teh best players to play, but its possible as far as teh positon thing goes.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if i were them i'd at least be giving urbom looks one the pp.

however not big time unless he proved himself obv.

but henrique has looked great, i just have an off feelign on him, like he might never make the jump. heres to hoping i'm wrong. i get the feeling in albany they want teh best players to play, but its possible as far as teh positon thing goes.

But do you think they should make him eat minutes on the PP to force him into improving, even if maybe it's not the best immediate thing for Albany? Is this even the way things are run in the minors?

Also, do you know if Henrique possesses good speed? I seem to remember reading that he was above average in all areas, but didn't have anything that he excelled in, which is why I think i remember reading that he was destined for third liner status.. Also, maybe he can fill a langenbrunner void as an inexpensive winger that is capable of putting up points put not carrying a line. Let's face if we're pretty well set long term at this point in terms of at least one top 2 center, and 3 of the 4 top wingers. OR Two LW and two centers if you assume Elias is moving to center long term.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tedenby is going to be a great player for the Devils for years to come. He has without question earned his roster spot with his solid on ice play. He reminds me of a young Paul Kariya. Very good speed and awareness. Above average shot and always looking to make a play. Now, I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Kariya was in his heyday, but I really think he has the potential to be in the conversation.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will say the emergence of tedenby, IF it keeps going like it looks like it will makes any loss of parise a bit more sustainable.

not wanted, but it gives the team some ability to come through it. i don't think anyone here is even questioning that teddy has been better as a rookie than even zach or travis was, and in a very short time

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i will say the emergence of tedenby, IF it keeps going like it looks like it will makes any loss of parise a bit more sustainable.

not wanted, but it gives the team some ability to come through it. i don't think anyone here is even questioning that teddy has been better as a rookie than even zach or travis was, and in a very short time

Nothing replaces that man, and I mean NOTHING.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not replace, just gives you a vest in case you get shot.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What are your thoughts on Palmieri? I think he could really using some extra skating work. Heck, it worked for Brian Boyle.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys i'm telling you right now, the ONLY way parise leaves is if he WANTS to leave, the money will be there, and you know if beek pushed so hard on kovy he'll push as hard on zach.

he only goes if he wants out, and if he does, thats on him.

i like palmieri but def his summer project should be skating. i mean he's not as bad as clarkson but thats not much of a compliment

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
guys i'm telling you right now, the ONLY way parise leaves is if he WANTS to leave, the money will be there, and you know if beek pushed so hard on kovy he'll push as hard on zach.

he only goes if he wants out, and if he does, thats on him.

i like palmieri but def his summer project should be skating. i mean he's not as bad as clarkson but thats not much of a compliment

Hold on a minute, Beek pushed hard on Kovy so he could sell the team to the NJ Nets owner.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Devs I like all your assessments but I think you are a little hard on Corrente. I like him. Reminds me of a young Daneyko who Similarly would get out of position to drop somebody. I still think he will make a solid defenseman.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clarkson is above average speed IF he is skating...

Corrente doesnt look like he will ever be a big minutes defenseman. he seems to be a feisty #5 or #6 Dman once he figures out how to play a little better.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Corrente doesnt look like he will ever be a big minutes defenseman. he seems to be a feisty #5 or #6 Dman once he figures out how to play a little better.

Clarkson does have above average speed he can be very strong in the corners and at times shows a really nice toe drag.at other times he kind of makes you do a face palm while watching him skate.I know he took boxing over the summer but I think if he works with a skating coach over the summer he may be able to take his game to the next level.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Agreed. I think part of his problem is he wants to stay as a starter so bad that he tries too hard to impress by laying somebody out. Needs to play smarter and will be a 4-6th defenseman at this level.
I like his feistiness.