• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devey vs Tiller Breakdown

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiller just looked the part. He wasn't great, but he was solid. Devey needs to sit.

The bigger cause for concern is that Brandon Thomas hasn't sniffed the playing field despite being highly touted out of the draft. With our OL woes, this is more troublesome to me then anything.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tiller just looked the part. He wasn't great, but he was solid. Devey needs to sit.

The bigger cause for concern is that Brandon Thomas hasn't sniffed the playing field despite being highly touted out of the draft. With our OL woes, this is more troublesome to me then anything.

just play whomever is the better player today. Remove all the trade value, game experience, or cap hit, play the better player.

you mean Brandon Thomas the IR draftee? At this point, we can only hope it is still his injury as opposed to not being good?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Martin doesn't look good at all, sometimes he is moved BACKWARDS on run plays?! A center should at least hold his ground, minimum.

i WILL credit him for making good snaps. Can't REALLY opine on his line adjustments, but it appeared ok?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had a quick look at the GIFs in the link you posted. Man, Tiller simply looks like he is much harder to move and to get around compared to Devey. He needs to play more than Devey. I'm not so sure about giving them even snap counts.
I think we will see Tiller more in this game but will put Devey in for when they pull the guard. Devey is faster and he isn't a bad pulling guard.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Martin doesn't look good at all, sometimes he is moved BACKWARDS on run plays?! A center should at least hold his ground, minimum.

i WILL credit him for making good snaps. Can't REALLY opine on his line adjustments, but it appeared ok?
Cant wait for Kilgore to come back.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will see Tiller more in this game but will put Devey in for when they pull the guard. Devey is faster and he isn't a bad pulling guard.

The problem with that is that we would be giving the Ravens a heads-up on what kind of play they should expect.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem with that is that we would be giving the Ravens a heads-up on what kind of play they should expect.

Do we expect to run more "straight ahead", or more "outside"? IF it boils down to this, i'd still go with Tiller.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes but u try and disguise it. Maybe when he is in the game you don't do it all the time. I guess we have to wait and see. Im Happy Tiller is playing. I been calling for this for 2 weeks.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just play whomever is the better player today. Remove all the trade value, game experience, or cap hit, play the better player.

you mean Brandon Thomas the IR draftee? At this point, we can only hope it is still his injury as opposed to not being good?

You are not taking what I said the way it was meant. I typically don't give a shit about draft slots based on who plays, except relative to "potential" vs. playing time. If a 3rd rounder doesn't see the field, it brings up FAR more questions about talent/potential and our FO's ability to draft effectively then an undrafted FA not seeing the field.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are not taking what I said the way it was meant. I typically don't give a shit about draft slots based on who plays, except relative to "potential" vs. playing time. If a 3rd rounder doesn't see the field, it brings up FAR more questions about talent/potential and our FO's ability to draft effectively then an undrafted FA not seeing the field.

you said Tiller looks the part and Devey needs to sit, i replied play the better player. Am i not agreeing with you? If this isn't agreeing with you, what did i mean?

the part on draft slot, etc. was an extension of my reply, but my point was "play the better player".

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had a quick look at the GIFs in the link you posted. Man, Tiller simply looks like he is much harder to move and to get around compared to Devey. He needs to play more than Devey. I'm not so sure about giving them even snap counts.

Will be interesting to see how Tiller does this week. The players seem to be high on him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting to wonder about that. Carradine, for one, has for the most part been the invisible man. Looks like Armstead is going to start replacing him on snaps. Lemonier looks llke another useless draft pick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we expect to run more "straight ahead", or more "outside"? IF it boils down to this, i'd still go with Tiller.

Based on history so far, most of the running plays with Hyde are to the outside.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Based on history so far, most of the running plays with Hyde are to the outside.

called run to the outside, or he is forced to bounce outside?

anyway, sticking to my opinion.....if we're going outside more often, and need a pulling guard, use Devey. If we're going run more inside, use Tiller. IF it comes down to this?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
called run to the outside, or he is forced to bounce outside?

anyway, sticking to my opinion.....if we're going outside more often, and need a pulling guard, use Devey. If we're going run more inside, use Tiller. IF it comes down to this?

They look mostly designed plays to me with the guard pulling

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to think that Baalke was a good GM. Now I'm not so sure.