• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2017 Thread

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great imagination by Ausmus the same line up 3 days in a row. Maybe this means third loss in a row.

Tigers lineup

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. Victor Martinez, DH
5. J.D. Martinez, RF
6. Justin Upton, LF
7. Mikie Mahtook, CF
8. James McCann, C
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Bench: C Alex Avila, IF/OF Andrew Romine, OF Alex Presley, IF Dixon Machado.

Starting pitcher: LHP Daniel Norris

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th time this year the Tigers have had a four hour, nine inning game.

In the past seven years, they had four four hour nine inning games. Total.

They are 4-0 in those games this year though.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like the era of Buck Farmer dominance is over.

Next..........??????????

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow it up. Fire Avila and Assmus.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the real Buck Farmer stood up.

Matt Manning needs to hurry up and get his shit together. No use in starting a bum like Farmer many more times.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how long Brad is going to have V-Mart at the cleanup spot either.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how long Brad is going to have V-Mart at the cleanup spot either.

Seriously, no protection for Miggy at all. Does anyone out there want a .260-hitting DH with no power who can't run at all, and who has $18 million left on his contact?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Ausmus, changing the batting order....band aids. The problem is the front office. Dombrowski left a mess and Avila Sr has only added to it. Bullpen is still awful (K-Rod will be the closer again, it is so bad). They did NOTHING to fill the hole in CF....expecting a bunch of AAA players would be good enough. Their minor league system is STILL one of the worst in baseball. And now age is catching up to the BIG names?????

This team is a mess...far beyond saving by some quick fix. Sure move VMart to #6 in the order. Make Lloyd the manager. Maybe these moves will spark the team to win 84 games and win the division....and blind everyone for awhile longer.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Ausmus, changing the batting order....band aids. The problem is the front office. Dombrowski left a mess and Avila Sr has only added to it. Bullpen is still awful (K-Rod will be the closer again, it is so bad). They did NOTHING to fill the hole in CF....expecting a bunch of AAA players would be good enough. Their minor league system is STILL one of the worst in baseball. And now age is catching up to the BIG names?????

This team is a mess...far beyond saving by some quick fix. Sure move VMart to #6 in the order. Make Lloyd the manager. Maybe these moves will spark the team to win 84 games and win the division....and blind everyone for awhile longer.
I agree that those are Band-Aids but try something it's not going to cost you and shake it up a bit. Sometimes a change of scenery really makes a difference. I don't think you're going to get any long-term Solutions this year other than maybe after the trade deadline.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think the Yankees would take VMart? If we threw in the majority of the $27mil Detroit still owes him for the remainder of this year and next? Maybe throw in Matt Boyd and ask for THEIR AAA centerfielder in return....since that seems to be Avila's idea on how to fill the void in CF in Detroit.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lineup

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Avila, C
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. Victor Martinez, DH
5. J.D. Martinez, RF
6. Justin Upton, LF
7. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
8. Andrew Romine, CF
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Bench: C James McCann, OF Alex Presley, OF Mikie Mahtook, IF Dixon Machado.

Starting pitcher: RHP Jordan Zimmermann

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think the Yankees would take VMart? If we threw in the majority of the $27mil Detroit still owes him for the remainder of this year and next? Maybe throw in Matt Boyd and ask for THEIR AAA centerfielder in return....since that seems to be Avila's idea on how to fill the void in CF in Detroit.
Nope.

They might take Kinsler. They'd prolly take a Wilson. Nobody is taking Victor and giving anything in return.

Kinsler and JD are really the only pieces they can get much for. The Wilsons and Avila could both be dealt also. Wilson's are trending the wrong way though. Which could be good for Krods value. He'll be closer again before the deadline. Might bring something in return.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

They might take Kinsler. They'd prolly take a Wilson. Nobody is taking Victor and giving anything in return.

Kinsler and JD are really the only pieces they can get much for. The Wilsons and Avila could both be dealt also. Wilson's are trending the wrong way though. Which could be good for Krods value. He'll be closer again before the deadline. Might bring something in return.

Detroit will have to eat VMart's $18mil next year. No team is going to want a DH with his skill set....unless they are desperate. Even then, I would doubt any GM, (sans Avila) would be willing to pick up more than a couple million of his contract. They'd be better off hoping Tigers release him first and get him for minimum.

??????Try this Brad

Kinsler 2b
Cabrera 1b
Avila c
JD Martinez rf
Upton lf
VMart dh
Castellanos 3b
Presley, Mahtook, Romine, Collins, Jones, Adduci, Gose, Lemon, Stanley, Bruton................CF
Iglesias ss

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit will have to eat VMart's $18mil next year. No team is going to want a DH with his skill set....unless they are desperate. Even then, I would doubt any GM, (sans Avila) would be willing to pick up more than a couple million of his contract. They'd be better off hoping Tigers release him first and get him for minimum.

??????Try this Brad

Kinsler 2b
Cabrera 1b
Avila c
JD Martinez rf
Upton lf
VMart dh
Castellanos 3b
Presley, Mahtook, Romine, Collins, Jones, Adduci, Gose, Lemon, Stanley, Bruton................CF
Iglesias ss
I assume Victor plays out his deal in Detroit.

It's not like he's going to go from cleanup hitter to Stephen Moyas backup. Avila is the only non-everyday starter who could be a better option within the system. And it's not like they could afford to bring in someone else. (Christin Stewart would be the only guy I could see taking DH from Victor before his contract is up. He has 15 homers in Erie right now. 4 starts as DH.)

No issue with your lineup. I like Avila or Iggy in the two holepersonally. Especially right now with Iggy showing the strength of a Freshman rather than his normal 8th grader muscles. Nick there bothers me more than Victor at cleanup.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart prolly comes up when JD is dealt.

Doesn't play RF though.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as CF is, I'd still rather see the team address pitching depth (5th starter and multiple bullpen arms). Even then, they are a long way from contending or even being much more than a .500 team. They are lacking in three key areas that are essential to going deep into a postseason: pitching, defense and baserunning. They are near the bottom all three.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat I heard on the radio broadcast last night while driving home from the airport. They were talking about the Isolated Power stat ... which is simply subtracting batting average from slugging percentage to get a more realistic view of a hitters extra-base prowess. Miguel Cabrera has historically been in the 230-260 range. Victor Martinez is usually in the low 200s. The Isolated Power numbers for these two players so far this season:

Miggy = 147
V-mart = 119

And those are your 3-4 hitters. Yuck.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can just see it coming.....Detroit will go into the All-Star break in July close to .500 and within 3 or 4 games of first place (and maybe not much farther away from a wild card spot)....and the front office will make the decision to keep the team intact and "go for it". They will justify it by saying that their veterans will "come around" and that they will add some talent at the deadline to help the bullpen. (Jose Valverde?)

Tigers need either a ten game winning streak - or a 10 game losing streak - right about now. They have to get off the ".500" fence and DECLARE themselves! :) :) :)

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers need either a ten game winning streak - or a 10 game losing streak - right about now. They have to get off the ".500" fence and DECLARE themselves!

There's the rub ... the Tigers need an 8-of-10, 15-of-20 stretch to seriously be in contention, and they just don't have the consistent pitching to do that. You can't just slug your way to a 15-5 streak.