• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside sources eh....I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Marlins scouting Tiger's Erie and Lakeland. Tiger's looking at Martin Prado for 3rd base and may send Castellanos down if he continues to struggle... my inside sources in marlins tell me. Marlins looking at Ziomek or Kubitzta.
So long as they don't trade Joey Pankake, I don't care.

Martin Prado woulda been cool three years ago.

What do they want for Stanton and Gordon?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody seen much of the lefty from TCU (Tyler Alexander)that DD drafted last night?

Second time Dave has selected him. Only this time it was more than a hundred spots ahead of where the "experts" graded him out.

He doesn't sound like the typical DD Power Arm. I wonder if they have plans for him similar to KC with Finnegan last year? A little instant value? Or maybe the fail to sign him again, idk.

What little I saw of the Horned Frogs this year, he wasn't pitching.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers draft is either going to make them look like idiots for geniuses. I can't believe how many guys they passed up that would have added talent to the farm for unknowns.... The kid outfielder they drafted with their second pick should have been mike camerons kid... but they didn't want to pay the money... what a joke... they missed out on a top 5 talent. Then they draft some catcher nobody has ever heard of and gibson's kid to be nice... and they wonder why people rip their farm system.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as they don't trade Joey Pankake, I don't care.

Martin Prado woulda been cool three years ago.

What do they want for Stanton and Gordon?

It would take a ton for Marlins to trade Stanton or Gordon... their salaries are still very low for performance.... stanton's big numbers don't hit for another 4 years or so... and he has full no trade clause.

Only players in play in Miami are older guys on short deals they can flip for a prospect of two.

Tigers's don't have the prospects to get much more than a Prado type player.... even the top 5 prospects in the tigers farm combined wouldn't land much. They either need to make a under the radar trade like the Furbush for Fister trade, a rental player on the last year of his contract or an older guy... that is all they have the ammo for.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it'd take more than Romine and Nicky C yer sayin'?

Well that sucks.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope the Tigers have a surprise in the international signing period like last year with Julio Martinez... because this draft class is fecal.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it'd take more than Romine and Nicky C yer sayin'?

Well that sucks.
Nick C would probably land a decent player if the tigers wanted to trade him.. I just don't see that happening yet unless what they got included a good young talent that was major league ready. He is way to young to give up on yet... This time next year I will be joining calling for tigers to move him.. but like Porcello... waiting to move him paid off. Remember when people were saying all Porcello would get in return was a setup reliever?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick C would probably land a decent player if the tigers wanted to trade him.. I just don't see that happening yet unless what they got included a good young talent that was major league ready. He is way to young to give up on yet... This time next year I will be joining calling for tigers to move him.. but like Porcello... waiting to move him paid off. Remember when people were saying all Porcello would get in return was a setup reliever?
That kinda is all Porcello got in return. And some nice defense in left for a few months. YC is basically Hunter at the plate.

Hard for me to imagine the day when Nick is solid in the field.

Once the Rangers start selling I'd like to see Beltre be a target. They won't want Nick, but DD knows how to put together a three way. (I wasn't being serious with Stanton and Gordon. Just not that enthused over the idea of adding Prado.)

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday and the Cubbies are in town
Davis
Kinsler
Miggy
Cespedes
JD
Nick DH
McCann
Wilson 3B
Iggy
Sanchez on the hill. ....
Tigers drafted Gibbys kid Cam from MSU

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"YC is basically Hunter at the plate" come on Smitty your eyes are better than that....#s are good and he runs like the wind....D....not many better....big big upgrade....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kinda is all Porcello got in return. And some nice defense in left for a few months. YC is basically Hunter at the plate.

Hard for me to imagine the day when Nick is solid in the field.

Once the Rangers start selling I'd like to see Beltre be a target. They won't want Nick, but DD knows how to put together a three way. (I wasn't being serious with Stanton and Gordon. Just not that enthused over the idea of adding Prado.)
Rangers are not far out of first place and actually have a better record than Det right now... I don't see them selling. They might actually buy. I could see them go after Hamels. Only clear sellers at this point are Philly, Milwaukee, A's, and Reds... Not a ton of third base help on the market right now... As long as the tigers don't have to give up a ton I think a guy like Prado would be a good fit. He is very vmart like... doesn't waste at bats... is a pro in the locker room, and has ok defense. Marlins still think they can make a run so no guarantee they would even do the trade.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else smile after seeing Scherzer get knocked around in NY last night?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"YC is basically Hunter at the plate" come on Smitty your eyes are better than that....#s are good and he runs like the wind....D....not many better....big big upgrade....
I see no upgrade offensively. Same type of hitter. Swing hard, swing early, swing often. I don't even see an upgrade on the bases. He's faster, cuz he's younger, but I don't think he's a better base runner. Definitely a better outfielder, no question.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are not far out of first place and actually have a better record than Det right now... I don't see them selling. They might actually buy. I could see them go after Hamels. Only clear sellers at this point are Philly, Milwaukee, A's, and Reds... Not a ton of third base help on the market right now... As long as the tigers don't have to give up a ton I think a guy like Prado would be a good fit. He is very vmart like... doesn't waste at bats... is a pro in the locker room, and has ok defense. Marlins still think they can make a run so no guarantee they would even do the trade.
Who do you think they're more apt to trade, Beltre or Gallo?

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow YCS #s everywhere are better than Hunter the last 2 years....way faster than Hunter ever was...
Wednesday at Comerica
Gose
Kinsler
Miggy
Cespedes
JD
Collins DH
Nick 3B
McCann
Iggy
Greene on the hill. ....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice the hat on Leonardo Dicaprio...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lead off triple for the cubbies, greene rallies......way to keep it a 0-0 game.