• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 run lead, 100 pitch count, 6 games into the season...too much for a well pitching Tillman.

Why not bring this beast of a closer out asap.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have done well. I think we should expect the offense to be average this season... I am fine with that as long as the defense is improved and we can actually run the bases.. The BP is well, a work in progress(hopefully)..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see this offense being well above average. Not expecting Torii to go yard like he's been doing. But there is A LOT of talent at the plate even without Princey. Kinsler needs to run shit out though. Markakis is about as good as it gets in right. Dudes a straight up
Pro with the glove and has a great arm to go with it. But you can't be assuming he makes diving catches, which the man that should be honored to wear Trams # did today.(If NM traps that, he's still out at first. Not amused.) I saw it, wasn't impressed. That goes in my notes Ian. I don't like you much to start with, (Old, getting older, stats prove it. Whine ass, Rangers are glad his injury prone ass is gone.)that doesn't help you any. Run muthafugga, Prince's fatass would've. So would Don Kelly, Danny Worth, Perez, Romine, Santiago, Infante, Easley, Damon Travis, Sweet Lou and every other guy I can remember or envision playing second instead of you. Nothing is certain, show some hustle.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record: that was Kinsler's one AND ONLY warning. Hustle doesn't take talent, it takes an appreciation for the game. Im not asking anyone to get stupid like Puig or Harper. Just show an honest effort. (Miggy is exempt from judgement btw.)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 run lead, 100 pitch count, 6 games into the season...too much for a well pitching Tillman.

Why not bring this beast of a closer out asap.

Showalter did the right thing and ausmus should have did the same with max last week. You stick with your stud enterin he ninth if hes been dominating. Why risk it going to the pen? Tillman gave up a hit after getting an out (i believe) and then he pulled him. Perfectly executed.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record: that was Kinsler's one AND ONLY warning. Hustle doesn't take talent, it takes an appreciation for the game. Im not asking anyone to get stupid like Puig or Harper. Just show an honest effort. (Miggy is exempt from judgement btw.)

Why, what happened? I was always under the impression ian played hard.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This BP is a work in progress. ...no one believes Coke will be here through the season.....a little early for stats......sure they exploded from the 3 game ststs......lol

Whoa, whoa..whoa! Back up there young whippersnapper. I didnt imagine coke being around all last season and he was. The tigers org definitely has a track record of letting shitty players wear out their welcome. Raburn, Inge, valverde, frank thomas, and danny bautista all were kept way too long. Anyhow I dont think most of us would be concerned if any of the guys (besides smyly) had an inkling of talent and consistency. Unfortunately due to a poor move by DD, smyly wont be in pen too long and the woes will get worse. AA continued the trend of allowing runs out of the pen yesterday. Acquiring players like chamberlain and krol will never be the answer.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroits BP is 24th in opp avg....ERA.....and dead last in K/9.....seen that on baseball tonight last night....talking about the mess of a pen we have....

Just wondering....since the BP blew a 7-1 lead....and won 7-6. That makes another 1 run game we won....which jalopy has been judging as good for the BP....but if it wasnt for the BP, we win easily.....once again thats why the winning 1 run games is a stupid stat..

Hopefully JV keeps his pitch count down and goes 8 today....

Yeah one of those guys either jalopy or raburnriver talked about how fisters extremly good ERA before coming to detroit was crapp than turned around and talked about how great the pen was going to be. I was like uhhhh. We have guys in pen thats career ERAS are all around five and according to him fisters ERA was crappy and the pen is going to be top five. I think he may believe higher ERAS are better, lol.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah one of those guys either jalopy or raburnriver talked about how fisters extremly good ERA before coming to detroit was crapp than turned around and talked about how great the pen was going to be. I was like uhhhh. We have guys in pen thats career ERAS are all around five and according to him fisters ERA was crappy and the pen is going to be top five. I think he may believe higher ERAS are better, lol.

So ALAL gives up a run in the 9th of a 1 run game....we lose by 2....so once again its not a 1 run game.....thats why i wont judge the BP on how many 1 run games we win or lose....it was a 1 run game before that crappy pen gave up another run....

Top 5?:laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant be mad at 4-1....but can be worried about the pen....how many moves can ausmus make this week playing by NL rules with a BP like that?

Coke still on the team is a travesty to any kid in the minors who could be on the roster being productive....ill give you a jobu coke for a bucket of gatorade.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheres jamie walker when you need him.....i bet he could do a better job than jobu coke.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger bullpen through 5 games:

13.1 IP / 9 ER (6.08 ERA)

1 save / 2 save opps. (50%)

Long way to go, but no surprises to me so far, other than Nathan looking shaky.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jabba and Coke.. Two fecal players from the Yankees.. FIGURES!!

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, whoa..whoa! Back up there young whippersnapper.
Thanks Laker but I am almost old as dirt......
Thinking out loud, would it be easier to find a #5 starter or a real good set up guy for the 7th or 8th?
We have a real good set up guy in Smyly. Where would he be more valuable?

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showalter did the right thing and ausmus should have did the same with max last week. You stick with your stud enterin he ninth if hes been dominating. Why risk it going to the pen? Tillman gave up a hit after getting an out (i believe) and then he pulled him. Perfectly executed.

It's far too early in the season to push your SPs to the breaking point, especially when you've got RPs/closers needing the work in those situations.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger bullpen through 5 games:

13.1 IP / 9 ER (6.08 ERA)

1 save / 2 save opps. (50%)

Long way to go, but no surprises to me so far, other than Nathan looking shaky.

Heh, no problem. We can run with a 4 man rotation and let Smyly finish these games off (really need a righty version with a 99 heater to compliment him). And according to some, the SPs are each good for 35 CGs. :noidea:

Imo, there will be some tired arms at the end of the season. Hopefully Dom is on top of this.