• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhhh. Tigers last undefeated team. Nats lost today.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as the writers decide the award it will be a playoff team. Last AL MVP was Aroid in 2002 and the best on a playoff team was Posada (281 BA and 30 HR). With extra WC teams in play I can't see a non playoff guy winning. As they say .... You play to win the game. Angels were 6 under last season. How much value can you create on a non winning team ?

Yep. With Trout, no playoffs. Without Trout, still no playoffs. Who knows how far behind the Indians and Royals we would have been without Miggy last year. Most Outstanding Player would be a whole different beast than Most Valuable Player is.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. With Trout, no playoffs. Without Trout, still no playoffs. Who knows how far behind the Indians and Royals we would have been without Miggy last year. Most Outstanding Player would be a whole different beast than Most Valuable Player is.

Its the hardest stat for stat nerds to get... some people are winners.... Miggy is.. Trout may be some day... but as of now... he is in a loaded under achieving lineup that can't even make the playoffs.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that Omar Infante is the best hitter in KC so far... lol... he was the 9 hole hitter in Det

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm. Prince thrown out at home in Tampa. seems I might have seen this a couple times the past 2 seasons.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm. Prince thrown out at home in Tampa. seems I might have seen this a couple times the past 2 seasons.

Did he bounce off his fat gut when he slid like old times?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the hardest stat for stat nerds to get... some people are winners.... Miggy is.. Trout may be some day... but as of now... he is in a loaded under achieving lineup that can't even make the playoffs.

I've tried realllly hard to understand how OBP trumps runs and RBI, unless its Cabrera who leads the league in OBP. Im sure there will be a few seasons where Trout is more Valueable than anyone, just don't understand the need for people to make things up in order for it to be right now.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried realllly hard to understand how OBP trumps runs and RBI, unless its Cabrera who leads the league in OBP. Im sure there will be a few seasons where Trout is more Valueable than anyone, just don't understand the need for people to make things up in order for it to be right now.

Never got it either... Its basically... if you don't like what the stats say... make something up that you like. In reality hits, rbi, runs scored, batting average and hr are all i care to look at. If I actually watch the game and see the player play... that tells me enough of the story. Flat out... more pitchers fear Miggy... and Miggy does enough with the glove to not lose games for his team.... Trout may be flashy.. but how many games has he won for the Angels... and how many were won because of Miggy.... nuff said.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday in Cool Comerica Park the Tigers lineup Kinsler Hunter Cabrera Martinez Jackson Avila Gonzalez Kelly Davis .Ricky will be getting his first start today. Bronco Kelly will be at third base...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as the writers decide the award it will be a playoff team. Last AL MVP was Aroid in 2002 and the best on a playoff team was Posada (281 BA and 30 HR). With extra WC teams in play I can't see a non playoff guy winning. As they say .... You play to win the game. Angels were 6 under last season. How much value can you create on a non winning team ?

:agree:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK is gonna be player of the game today......strange...righty pitching, porcello on the mound....i figured romine would get the start at SS...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving all those WAR geeks crying once again...

There have been exceptions, but the writers have been pretty consistent: MVP goes to someone on a playoff team, unless there is a player on a non-playoff team with stats well above any viable choices from winning teams. That has not been the case with Trout over Miggy the last two seasons.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I had the energy today to put up a WAR fight. Just don't have it in me. I will say that I find it ironic that Tiger fans are excited about the new brand of baseball and that is exactly the type of baseball that Trout excels at.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are guys so fixated with this stat and that stat.....the game is played on the field.....Miggy is just awesome and plays a different game than Trout....If I had my choice right now which one I could have, no question Miggy.....2000 hits now we are going to see something real special in the next 5 or 6 years......enjoy......

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello impressive today....

Must admit, the bottom half of lineup has been doing great....lets hope it keeps up...

Bronco kelly....don smitty......however you like to say it....i never got why fans on mlive and even cbs dont like DK...i admit i wouldnt want him starting everyday, but DK is a great bench player....he always seems to do the job..

Reed looking good....i liked him over jobu before the season started...but i used to like villareal too