• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That max bobble head dont look anything like him. Fat ass pie face....just because it has 2 different eyes its supposed to look like him? But i still want one....only got 2 bobbleheads. JV and grandy...oh and the miller lite beer guy i got at the sox game...

I only have one. It's Chief Wahoo. Was my old mans from a trip to Cleveland in like '61. Thing prolly weighs 3-4lbs.

K

kengel6

Andrew Romine appears more and more to be the second coming of Ray Oyler.

At least Ray made contact. Bromines K's every third AB, time to bring up Perez, and put that forkballer Worthless in the pen. At least that will eliminate sun flubs.

Maybe?

:laugh3:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next Ramon Santiago!

I'd take Ramon and his .242 career BA over Romine or Worth. But yeah, at least Worth appears to have some value out of the bullpen.
giggle.gif

At least Ray made contact.

He did? .175 career BA, and he was hitting .135 in '68 when Mayo Smith famously replaced him with CF Mickey Stanley.

K

kengel6

I know Ray did get ONE dinger in 1968. And that's 100% more than Bromine/Worthless will ever do.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I feel old sometimes talking with the youngsters on here. Kengel, you and Howie must be AARP card carrying fuckers. Unless you guys are speaking from history? 68 I was still in the sack. Have memories or flashes of baseball from mid 70's. First I truly remember is 79' WS of my then fav O's vs. Bucs.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I feel old sometimes talking with the youngsters on here. Kengel, you and Howie must be AARP card carrying fuckers. Unless you guys are speaking from history? 68 I was still in the sack. Have memories or flashes of baseball from mid 70's. First I truly remember is 79' WS of my then fav O's vs. Bucs.

Yeah i agree...i remember the first tiger game i went to as a kid....det vs clev....think it was lou and trams rookie yr....when lou came up i thought they were booing him....also remembered seeing steve kemp and getting a mini bat with champ summers name on it. The first WS i can really remember watching was the yanks dodgers WS....remember garvey and cey...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of souvenirs.....one time when i was young i bought one of those baseballs signed by the whole team.....well.....being a kid....we went thru alot of baseballs....always tearing the covers off the ball.....so one time we used my souvenir ball....didnt last long.....inside all the string....once you got to the middle....it was filled with tore up cig butts....how fuckin gross i thought....and cheap.....guess they never thought a young kid might use it to play ball.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First season that I can remember real well is '87. Nokes came on like a stud, smashing homers like crazy. Great race with the Jays and then.... those damn Twinkies got us. (I was six)

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the first real memories I have was 68 and Mclains 30 th win over the A's went on a bus trip to the game. My first Tiger game I am told was 58 vs the Yankees. ...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First season that I can remember real well is '87. Nokes came on like a stud, smashing homers like crazy. Great race with the Jays and then.... those damn Twinkies got us. (I was six)

That was the yr it came down to the last game? I remember recording it on VHS while watching it with a friend. 1-0 right. Frank tanana? I believe marty castillo helped in the win. Think he knocked in the run. Remember missing some of the playoffs vs the twins because they were day games and we had football practice. Wasnt dan gladden the thorn in our side that yr....

Yeah burf, you got us all....i wasnt born til 71.....

And matt nokes was a stud! Was nice going from one of my fav tigs parrish to nokes.....now we got avila

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fist game I went to was actually when I was 8 or 9 living in Mesquite Texas......Went to I think it was Irving Stadium at the time to watch the Tigers......Got a foul ball....Didn't catch it but scrambled on the floor and fought off a old timer for it.

Then my old man got stationed up there at Selfridge AFB in like 1982 and I got to see tons of games from there on out.....Caught probably 6 or so games in 1984 but didn't get to see the postseason that year live....Had to watch it on tv like most everyone else.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight's Tigers lineup from the old guy Davis Kinsler Cabrera Martinez Hunter Jackson Avila Nick C Romine.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of souvenirs.....

Best one I never got. My dad giving me speech about how I had to give a Cal Jr. foul ball away. He was a rookie and dad's story was this....He said he thought this kid is going to be special. ( How right he was). Son I caught a foul ball of Roger Maris' when he was a rookie for the Indians. I could have gave it to you one day. I gave it to kid behind me. I remember him speaking of superstitions and baseball. ( had no clue what a superstition or Roger Maris was at time). Give it to this kid right here and I bet this Cal Ripken kid will be great.

To this day, the memory and story we talked about til he passed and how Cal Ripken was only a HOFer because of him... could never be replaced by two fould balls!

He actaully hated Cal Jr. Funny thing with me becoming a Tiger fan. He would tell me everytime Trammell was on TV that he was the best SS this side of the Mississippi. ( adventually figured out who Ozzie was)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best one I never got. My dad giving me speech about how I had to give a Cal Jr. foul ball away. He was a rookie and dad's story was this....He said he thought this kid is going to be special. ( How right he was). Son I caught a foul ball of Roger Maris' when he was a rookie for the Indians. I could have gave it to you one day. I gave it to kid behind me. I remember him speaking of superstitions and baseball. ( had no clue what a superstition or Roger Maris was at time). Give it to this kid right here and I bet this Cal Ripken kid will be great.

To this day, the memory and story we talked about til he passed and how Cal Ripken was only a HOFer because of him... could never be replaced by two fould balls!

He actaully hated Cal Jr. Funny thing with me becoming a Tiger fan. He would tell me everytime Trammell was on TV that he was the best SS this side of the Mississippi. ( adventually figured out who Ozzie was)

Now that was worth reading. I took a day game in Camden Yards back in 2001.....Love the park just not the location.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should all make a pack here to never mention Coke again .....