• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp(hurt) > dirks

What he will cost the tigers is not worth it. He hasnt been relevant in two years and has really had what, one monster year? Hes an upton. Costs too much, has all of the potential in the world and is wildly inconsistent.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey!!!!

This is slowly turning into the lions boards.....any disagreement with any tiger moves make you a negative nancy....besides that fister trade was great.....i mean cmon, kroll is the shut down lefty coke was...well i mean is, since hes still here for some odd reason.....and raji will steal like 50 bases....hell i already seen on cbs where fans said kinsler will get 30-35 steals....not to mention hitting 20 HR's again......and dont get me started on nicky C.....hes gonna hit about 285 with 25 HR's...iggy will easily hit 300.....

Plus fielder is gone......were instantly better.....plus mr illitch saved some money.....heard he was taking a cruise with the money saved....so alls good in detroit.....why even play the reg season....lets skip right to the WS and show everyone that prince was ALL the fault.

Yeah dude its ridiculous how shitty the lions boards are because of a few lunatic posters. The tigers board for the most part is pretty accepting of differing viewpoints.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to DD there have been no talks of kemp to the tigers. Theres also still a possibility scherzer gets traded. Im all for it as long as its not anything like the fister trade. I think the fister trade is probaly DDs biggest oops.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers to sign Joba (The Gut) Chamberlain. One year deal....supposedly for $3mil.

The signing was deemed a necessity by the Tigers front office - in order to balance the team plane during flights. With the loss of Fielder, a counterweight for Cabrera was needed for the Tigers' charter flights. The Tigers also announced that Joba's mom will set up a meth lab in nearby Garden City.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Dirks goes down, or just plain stinks....do you want Rajai Davis or QBerry coming in to play full time?

Now don't get me wrong.....I am well aware that Dave Dombrowski is in the on-deck circle as far as blame for future Tiger failures. Afterall, all the old and obvious choices (Leyland, Lloyd Mac, Inge, Raburn) are gone. And it is the American way to find a scapegoat to dump the blame on. So kudos to those who are laying down preemptive strikes against the Tiger's off-season plans and action....I am sure there is a chance they will come in handy this summer. In fact, I even look forward to it with anticipation, and eagerly await the first, "We should have kept Leyland" post aimed at Ausmus.
:tape2:

Yeah because i havent been the biggest DD supporter on here......keep stirring

If, if, if......if weed was a fifth' id be drunk.....if if if....so lets pay rajai 5 million a year in case dirks gets hurt is what youre saying?

Keep stirring......and yup, if tigers dont win the division, ill look back at the fielder and fister trade.....a team that close just revamped alot of parts.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBert is a shitty baseball player. Fast.... And shitty. Plain...... And simple.

And 33 yr old rajai is great?

Im not getting on davis....he is what he is.....i just dont see us paying him 5 million a year to carry dirks bat.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah dude its ridiculous how shitty the lions boards are because of a few lunatic posters. The tigers board for the most part is pretty accepting of differing viewpoints.

Just dont make a comment that the tigers might not make the playoffs this year.....you might be told to root for another team....but yeah, for the most part, i like most of the tiger fans on here...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not liking the joba the hutt signing.....never liked him......do the tigers have something against jesse crain? Does jesse crain have something against detroit? Crain is exactly what detroit needs.....i dont see our BP being improved at all....

Nathan Benoit
Rondon. Rondon
Al al. Al al
Coke. Coke
Krol. Smyly
Joba the hutt. Veras

That is not an upgrade.....but im sure some people will think it is because of nathans name over benoit....but krol better than smyly? Veras is better than joba. And keeping coke another year? But i guess we were gonna fix the BP this offseason eh?

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not an upgrade.....but im sure some people will think it is because of nathans name over benoit....but krol better than smyly? Veras is better than joba. And keeping coke another year? But i guess we were gonna fix the BP this offseason eh?

Got to lovvvvveeeeee the hate.

Too bad some fans don't see the financial end of a business. Tigers spent the big bucks (over spent?) and didn't quite make it. Now they have to regroup financially and changes needed to be made in regards to that. Sadly, for the fantasy guys and the baseball card collectors, Detroit couldn't play 'the game' this off-season. No All Star at every position.....young players being forced to produce instead....team paying mediocre players to fill in gaps. It sure isn't fun to talk money, but that is the state of the game (and the Tigers). It must be difficult for a GM to make a trade these days, with a scout talking into one ear and an accountant talking in the other. Bottom line....Tigers, like most teams, will need to have some mediocre players and some young kids have above average years - while their stars continue to shine. Very sad that some are stuck in the "I want an All-Star at each position - screw the cost" mode.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just dont make a comment that the tigers might not make the playoffs this year.....you might be told to root for another team....but yeah, for the most part, i like most of the tiger fans on here...

I don't think that is the case. I just think you are looking at the worst possible scenario for each player acquired and making that seem like reality. I hope you don't have a heart attack if Max is dealt for some younger guys.

I really think the starting pitching is going to be better this year. The main reason is I expect JV to have a rebound year after getting some rest. Rick P should be improved with a better defense behind him. The starters could have a combined ERA under 3.00. When was the last time that happened?

As the team stands today, I don't see how anybody would pick against the Tigers to win the division again. We are counting on some young guys (Nick C & Rondon) to produce this year but I don't think we need either of them to have breakout years.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rajai Davis is okay in a platoon situation. He stole 45 bases in only 108 games played last season and was caught just 6 times. But he has to get on base first. A crappy .312 OBP last season, and a career OBP of .313. Doesn't hit for average or power. Seems like $4.5 - $5 mill a season is pretty steep, but almost all the FA deals so far have exceeded what I thought would be reasonable.

Joba Chamberlain deal is 1 year at $2.5 mill, plus incentives.

Bullpen still not looking any better than last year, except at closer. I sure hope DD isn't done upgrading there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the starting pitching is going to be better this year. The main reason is I expect JV to have a rebound year after getting some rest. Rick P should be improved with a better defense behind him. The starters could have a combined ERA under 3.00. When was the last time that happened?

Don't know, but it's a moot point. It won't happen next year, either. The Tigers had two of five under 3.00 last season, and for both guys (Sanchez and Scherzer), it was well below their career ERAs. A good season from Rick P would be if he scrapes in just under a 4.00, and as a starter, Smyly ain't gonna come close to his 2.37 ERA from last year.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that Dombrowski messed up because he did not jump at the chance to sign Jesse Crain. That kind of leads to the obvious question.....why have the other 29 GMs not jumped at the chance to sign him? If the guy is an obvious golden nugget in the stream - why has everyone just walked on by it and not picked it up? The guy had, what was thought to be a minor shoulder problem in June - and ended up not pitching again for the entire season. Have any of you guys here gotten the to see the medical report on him, or seen him throw in the last month? I'm just wondering? At least with Joba, the team has a counter-weight on the bleachers when the take the team picture. ("Miggy you sit on the far left, and Joba you on the far right. And NO Mrs. Chamberlain, you can't sit next to your son, even if you cover your 'meth mouth".)

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that Dombrowski messed up because he did not jump at the chance to sign Jesse Crain. That kind of leads to the obvious question.....why have the other 29 GMs not jumped at the chance to sign him? If the guy is an obvious golden nugget in the stream - why has everyone just walked on by it and not picked it up? The guy had, what was thought to be a minor shoulder problem in June - and ended up not pitching again for the entire season.

Very good point. I'm guessing his agent is asking for a big chunk o' change, and given that the guy only threw 36.2 innings last season, his health is still a question mark.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is the case. I just think you are looking at the worst possible scenario for each player acquired and making that seem like reality. I hope you don't have a heart attack if Max is dealt for some younger guys.
As the team stands today, I don't see how anybody would pick against the Tigers to win the division again. We are counting on some young guys (Nick C & Rondon) to produce this year but I don't think we need either of them to have breakout years.

Exactly! It is a very common "maneuver" among fans to forecast doom, gloom, and failure for their team....warranted or not. It often provides those fans with a win-win scenario no matter what actually occurs. If the team flops as they 'predicted'...they enjoy the right of "I told you so". If the team performs well and creates success...these fans will simply mutter, "I guess I was wrong" - AND join in the celebration. In the latter occurrence, they lose nothing personal since all they invested was the negativity that they know they can quickly dump. Too bad that the negative-ists aren't forced to wear a scarlet N on their chest if they spend a season bitching and moaning, but their team wins anyway. (Or maybe a big L on their forehead?)

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like i said we will see

I said before i supported a max deal......its better than giving away fister for peanuts...

So you think JV will have a bounceback year.....but whats to say max doesnt even come close to last year......or smyly cant handle being in the rotation....he did struggle late last season....or if porcello is bad rick more often then good.....but i guess the starters could be better?:noidea:

I just dont see where our weak spot, the BP was addressed and upgraded......we have joba on one side and coke on the other.....krol is unproven, just like rondon.....this was a team that was contending for a WS the last 3 years.....our BP is still weak.....but hey, we got nathan......how many saves did benoit blow last reg season? Just dont see an upgrade in the BP, the starters, the hitting.....but we upgraded defense and speed......time will tell...

Now go ahead iffy have fun...

No matter what i post, it usually gets a paragraph reply from you...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! It is a very common "maneuver" among fans to forecast doom, gloom, and failure for their team....warranted or not. It often provides those fans with a win-win scenario no matter what actually occurs. If the team flops as they 'predicted'...they enjoy the right of "I told you so". If the team performs well and creates success...these fans will simply mutter, "I guess I was wrong" - AND join in the celebration. In the latter occurrence, they lose nothing personal since all they invested was the negativity that they know they can quickly dump. Too bad that the negative-ists aren't forced to wear a scarlet N on their chest if they spend a season bitching and moaning, but their team wins anyway. (Or maybe a big L on their forehead?)

Yup since this is probably the first time ive been negative towards the tigers in a long time .....lets see....

I wanted to get rid of inge........check
Raburn? .........check
Valverde?.........check
Jimmy?...........check

Outside of coke, i guess DD sees what i see....

But im still a huge fan of DD.....I guess if i dont agree with EVERY trade he makes, im a negative fan.....if i agree with every move....im a kool aid drinking fan with my head in the sand....

But ill take others advice and put the lil pot stirring old fuck on igg.......not worth arguing over every opinion i have.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jabba the hut signing is.. :noidea:

Yeah now we got joba to face the righthanded guys.....and coke the left handed guys.....not to mention rondon given the set up role on this WS contender......but hey....upgrade the BP, defense, and speed is what fans wanted....

Not used to other central fans having a laugh at us....now royals are smelling blood....injuns are dumb....if they made a few moves.....just maybe they might of won the division this year....but its not in the injuns way to try and win.

Is it true the tigers are interested in ervin santana? This season just keeps getting more weird...

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup since this is probably the first time ive been negative towards the tigers in a long time .....lets see....
But ill take others advice and put the lil pot stirring old fuck on igg.......not worth arguing over every opinion i have.

That would make sense. I, and a couple of others, have questioned your off-season 'doom and gloom' reports....so a good response WOULD be to run and hide. Seems like your defeatism platform isn't on very strong legs.
BTW.....I really do understand the 'name and blame' game. A lot of Tiger fans are in a bind right now. The old scapegoats are gone, yet fan negativity is still very much present. A tough situation, and one not easily dealt with when there is no ONE particular person to call out....yet. Just think cleaves, you and one or two others here are ''getting out in front'' if DD ends up being this years scapegoat!