• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have ALL the speed in the world but they still have to get on....so the slow guys who were on base were usually vmart, prince and miggy....so unless davis gets on like fielder did, or kinsler raises his OBP....the speed guys might never be on to score.

Davis hit over .300 against lefties and will platoon with Dirks. What makes you think he won't get on?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think a batting line of .319/.383/.474 against lefties will be an improvement over what Dirks would provide against lefties, I don't know how to help you.

I dont want dirks facing righties or lefties....2E hit lefties well for a short time too...but if 5 million a year is worth having raji to face lefties....OK.....i just thought the team was going broke to be able to afford that.

With last years lineup, i didnt mind dirks in there....but i just dont see much offense after vmart this year.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis hit over .300 against lefties and will platoon with Dirks. What makes you think he won't get on?

Ok man....raji davis is the greatest pickup EVER.....im glad our chances at a 4th straight ALCS ride on davis, dirks, nicky c, joba, krol, coke, avila, iggy. Just hope our starters continue to be dominant.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleaves says the Tiger's moves have sucked this winter. Who is to blame for this obvious sucking? What is the reason behind this move to downgrade Tiger talent? Cleaves has listed various scenarios resulting from Detroit's moves - all of them bad. WHY, if it so obvious, isn't something being done to stop the destruction of the team? Crap-a-mundo....if cleaves can see it, it is pretty damn obvious! WHO is to blame AND why is it happening.

Even Mr. Negative has not given us the WHY behind this catastrophe! :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleaves says the Tiger's moves have sucked this winter. Who is to blame for this obvious sucking? What is the reason behind this move to downgrade Tiger talent? Cleaves has listed various scenarios resulting from Detroit's moves - all of them bad. WHY, if it so obvious, isn't something being done to stop the destruction of the team? Crap-a-mundo....if cleaves can see it, it is pretty damn obvious! WHO is to blame AND why is it happening.

Even Mr. Negative has not given us they WHY behind this catastrophe! :noidea:

Oh shit....stupid, stupid me. I forgot, cleaves knows more about building winning baseball teams than DD and his staff. The simple answer to my questions must be.....Dombrowski is an idiot! He knows less than some bozo on a sports forum! Damn.

:laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because in 2011 and 2012 he failed to hit 300 vs left handed pitching.....in 08 he hit 256 vs lefthanded pitching...

So why do i have to believe he will get on?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok man....raji davis is the greatest pickup EVER.....im glad our chances at a 4th straight ALCS ride on davis, dirks, nicky c, joba, krol, coke, avila, iggy. Just hope our starters continue to be dominant.

What are you talking about? Our playoff chances are going to depend on the reigning Cy Young award winner, the reigning two-time MVP, and a guy name Justin Verlander. Name me another team in the AL Central that matches up against us? Not just a name but break down their advantages over us.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in 2011 and 2012 he failed to hit 300 vs left handed pitching.....in 08 he hit 256 vs lefthanded pitching...

So why do i have to believe he will get on?

His career avg vs lefties is .294. Incredibly you focus on his worst year five years ago. davis will not only platoon but be a defensive replacement in late innings and pinch runner. I know defense and baserunning aren't important to you but they have benefits in the real world.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? Our playoff chances are going to depend on the reigning Cy Young award winner, the reigning two-time MVP, and a guy name Justin Verlander. Name me another team in the AL Central that matches up against us? Not just a name but break down their advantages over us.

We had that last year and didnt win it all.....with prince and his 25 HR's and 100 RBI.....and doug fister.....well at least we still got coke.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career avg vs lefties is .294. Incredibly you focus on his worst year five years ago. davis will not only platoon but be a defensive replacement in late innings and pinch runner. I know defense and baserunning aren't important to you but they have benefits in the real world.

You asked me why i thought he wouldnt get on.....in 2011 and 2012 he didnt kill left handed pitching....and hes never hit right handed pitching....i didnt have to pick his worse year....outside of SB's, hes never had a good to great year.....and if hes a lock to get on......shouldnt he bat leadoff over kinsler and ajax? 2 guys who struggle to get on?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But ok jalopy...you think the tigers are great, i think theyre good.....good enough to win division? Ill wait to see what moves KC and detroit make.....but theres no way i think this team is better than last year.

So we will just agree to disagree, unless youre like iffy and just want to argue for nothing since were arguing over opinions....

And one last time...i still love DD....still love the tigers.....just dont agree with some moves...

I think davis and nathan on the team last year might had gotten us a WS....benoit as the set up man.....but i still think were one bat short....if nicky c hits 280 20 HRS .....then they will be ok and ill prepare to eat my crow sammich.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleaves2000
Beat up on the tiger boards? Funny...

By who? Iffy and jalopy.....iffy is on ignore by pretty much everyone in there now......i still talk to jalopy.....he doesnt stir up shit like iffy....whether jalopy thinks im ignorant or whatever....i could care less.....iffys life is this shit...

Naw iffy followed me to sparty threads, lion threads, tiger threads.....pretty much the same shit he did to muzzer....but no big thing....i dont have to read his bs anymore....
Anyone think that I am living in cleaves' head...rent free? lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleaves still loves DD
......pretty forgiving to a guy who has destroyed a team that was close to winning a World Series. Cleaves has ripped on everyone one of DD's moves so far this winter....but he ''still loves the guy''. Cleaver has negatively spun every move made, has cherry-picked stats, and exaggerated all possible negative results of DD's moves.....but he does not blame the guy for, in his words, "making Tiger fans" the butt of jokes on the AL Central Smack-Talk board. ??????????

I wonder if the trading of Fielder (and the elimination of cleaves' ''claim to fame'') caused him to momentarily short circuit and, to justify his original tantrum, he continued to negatively spin every other Tiger move???? Or is this all a preemptive strike, just encase the Tigers flop - so he'll be out-front on the issue?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Although the defeatists are already declaring Max to nose-dive this season).

I don't see anyone predicting a Max "nose-dive". Just not predicting another Cy Young caliber season. I'd say 15-17 wins and an ERA near 3.50, which I'd gladly take. If he puts up another sub-3.00 season, it's a bonus, but he's only had one of those seasons in his career.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyone predicting a Max "nose-dive". Just not predicting another Cy Young caliber season. I'd say 15-17 wins and an ERA near 3.50, which I'd gladly take. If he puts up another sub-3.00 season, it's a bonus, but he's only had one of those seasons in his career.

I would think thats about right. The problem is he will still want 20+ million a season and those numbers can be found cheaper. The problem is it will cost Detroit no matter what they do….

sign Max at 22 million estimate thats jumps payroll a good amount and the length he will want will make a yearly anchor on getting FA.

Don't sign Max tender him and take a first round draft pick, sign a FA that has potential to win 15-18 games and that guy should cost Detroit 14-18 million and the years could be a issue. That 14-18 million dollar FA still hikes payroll as Max is arbitration eligible and not costing full value this year.

Or trade Max for a package that includes a young pitcher MLB ready and under team control but sacrifice some wins! Cheapest option but cost in victories what to do what to do!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will take a nose dive if that means he will be back to his career ERA. Other then that he will still be a solid 2. He wont be an elite one.

In othe news, geez this is starting to look like the lions forum with all of the arguing and personal attacks.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or trade Max for a package that includes a young pitcher MLB ready and under team control but sacrifice some wins! Cheapest option but cost in victories what to do what to do!

This! They traded the wrong starting pitcher. All of the other offseason moves I can get behind. Trading fielder? Hell yeah, amazing move. Signing chamberlain and bringing coke back? Meh, they are taking cheap risks, we shall see. Im neutral toward it. Signing davis? I like the speed and it solidifies the other outfield spot with a platoon but a bit pricey for a platoon player. Signing nathan, excellent. Many fans myself included thought DDs biggest mistake last season was not finding a legit closer so I cant complain that he found one. But I cannot get past the fister deal. I mean we hardly knew her, and hes gone!

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had that last year and didnt win it all.....with prince and his 25 HR's and 100 RBI.....and doug fister.....well at least we still got coke.

And the right handed other half Jabba the Hut

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will take a nose dive if that means he will be back to his career ERA. Other then that he will still be a solid 2. He wont be an elite one.

In othe news, geez this is starting to look like the lions forum with all of the arguing and personal attacks.

Yeah im just like forget it.....for once i disagree with the moves and im a skys falling type of fan.....just think detroits number one need of fixing the BP hasnt happened....yeah nathan is huge, but closer wasnt a huge problem last year. Getting thru the 6-7-8 innings was, once the BP was called in.