• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the tigers tried for mclouth? He pretty much got the same deal davis did.....and he couldve been our leadoff hitter.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im more worried about getting a decent hitter in the 5 hole....so important with miggy 3 rd....

My opinion you can put kinsler, ajax, and davis name all in a hat and pick one to leadoff.....none of them blow you away with OBP.....

I don't know. Davis didn't draw a single walk as a leadoff guy last year. I don't really see him as comparable to Ajax or Kinsler really. But Im also not really worried about who hits 5th. Nicky C, Torii, Avila... Egh... Dirks... Not a big deal to me. I don't really see much of drop off offensively from last year. There will be less homers on account of Iggy taking over for Peralta, that's about it. Only three station to station guys now. And that's about normal. Catchers, DHs and first sacker are usually your slowest three.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the tigers tried for mclouth? He pretty much got the same deal davis did.....and he couldve been our leadoff hitter.

I think he got a third year for 6Mil though didn't he? Is he supposed to start or be a 4th outfielder? Not sure if he ever talked to Detroit or not really.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the CBS Tigers board was going, and VMart messed up his knee, there was a Tiger fan there that thought the Tigers should sign Prince Fielder. Most other fans did not think it very likely - considering the $$$ Fielder wanted. But Detroit DID sign Fielder and the fan who suggested it would, henceforth, bring it up again and again, that he was ''the one'' who predicted it. (He even started declaring that other Tiger fans were 100% against getting Prince...even though they had really only said that his getting signed was a slim possibility). Now Prince is gone and this fan has had his ''trophy'' taken away. In response....he is now turned totally negative about the Tigers and their chances for post-season play. I forget this fans name.....anyone recall?

:noidea:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLouth was suppose to talk to Detroit, but his poor geographic skills concerning the state of Michigan, had him ending up in Lincoln Park, looking for Illitch's offices.

:scratch:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the Davis signing.. Yes they got more speed but his inability to hit righties renders him a platoon player.. They are fully banking on Castellanos panning out..

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the 331 plate appearences and 45 stolen bases......That's something we havn't seen.....Now give me Choo!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis could be the CF if Detroit trades Jackson! I doubt that but still get the feeling he could be moved.

I liked Infante and out of all the guys projected to be moved he was the one I wanted to see come back…well before Peralta.

I would have liked McClouth as well but he may have wanted to stay on the East Coast.

Detroit needed to make some changes. They couldn't get it done last year with what they put on the field. I get shaking things up getting younger faster and more athletic.

I get the feeling Dave D botched a few signings this off season. Given the choice I would expect to see Phil Coke and Dan Kelly get cut if some better pieces come along. They were signed before Detroit made these moves….

Now the most important thing will be a great bull pen! If Detroit wants to play 4-3 games they better be back loaded for bear in that pen. No Phil Coke losing it.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Davis didn't draw a single walk as a leadoff guy last year. I don't really see him as comparable to Ajax or Kinsler really. But Im also not really worried about who hits 5th. Nicky C, Torii, Avila... Egh... Dirks... Not a big deal to me. I don't really see much of drop off offensively from last year. There will be less homers on account of Iggy taking over for Peralta, that's about it. Only three station to station guys now. And that's about normal. Catchers, DHs and first sacker are usually your slowest three.

Trust me....i sure hope you are right.....gotta remember vmart hit 5th last year....would love to see kinsler 5 and tori stay at 2 in the lineup...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the CBS Tigers board was going, and VMart messed up his knee, there was a Tiger fan there that thought the Tigers should sign Prince Fielder. Most other fans did not think it very likely - considering the $$$ Fielder wanted. But Detroit DID sign Fielder and the fan who suggested it would, henceforth, bring it up again and again, that he was ''the one'' who predicted it. (He even started declaring that other Tiger fans were 100% against getting Prince...even though they had really only said that his getting signed was a slim possibility). Now Prince is gone and this fan has had his ''trophy'' taken away. In response....he is now turned totally negative about the Tigers and their chances for post-season play. I forget this fans name.....anyone recall?

:noidea:

Even tho youre just stirring the pot....i hope that fan was me....

Yup we got prince and won 2 straight central championships....made a WS....Which we had done only once in 27 yrs or so.....2 straight ALCS.....

So yeah....without him, i doubt tigers would of won the division this year, since they won by one game...

I also recall a fan on here saying there was NO WAY the tigers would sign fielder.....i was just repeating what a friend of mine who lived in detroit had told me....that the tigers were interested in fielder.

We will see how important fielder was this year....if team wins division and gets to the ALCS, i guess he didnt mean much......if the tigers win the WS, i guess fielder was holding them back...

I remember the days of wishing the tigers just were decent enough to still play meaningful games in late july.....but i guess some fans got spoiled and since the tigers came up short again....it was fielders fault because of his contract....even tho, nobody outside of peralta and vmart hit....

Gotta wonder if miggy has a no show in the playoffs, will he be run out of town.....cant recall stats, but i know 2 years ago after the tigers had just went down 3-0 to SF in the WS i was listening to mad dog radio, and they were saying how fielder AND miggy had to start hitting.....but people dont blame anyone but fielder.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess since muzz hasnt been around.....im the new one for the pot stirring guy....

Now im negative because i dont like the moves and predict the tigers to win the division?

Last year i was a blind homer who buried my head in the sand and thought the tigers were the greatest thing ever.

Maybe ill earn someones respect if i just troll and start shit everyday instead of having MY OWN opinions.

Guess i want to be like the guy who got banned.....begged to come back....talked shit about this site since they were on to his making new screen names every week trying to SNEAK back on....or just flat out getting banned from certain team pages.

Ive never been banned for trolling....was banned for less than 24 hrs from a thread because of a lie.....and was told by hammer himself it was a mistake....

So yeah....i wanna be like a troll

So since i want to be like you massa.....should i be anti tigers? Or rah rah tigers to win your praise.....i can only hope that when i turn 84 ill be on here spending my days trying to stir shit up just like you.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the Davis signing.. Yes they got more speed but his inability to hit righties renders him a platoon player.. They are fully banking on Castellanos panning out..

Hey!!!!

This is slowly turning into the lions boards.....any disagreement with any tiger moves make you a negative nancy....besides that fister trade was great.....i mean cmon, kroll is the shut down lefty coke was...well i mean is, since hes still here for some odd reason.....and raji will steal like 50 bases....hell i already seen on cbs where fans said kinsler will get 30-35 steals....not to mention hitting 20 HR's again......and dont get me started on nicky C.....hes gonna hit about 285 with 25 HR's...iggy will easily hit 300.....

Plus fielder is gone......were instantly better.....plus mr illitch saved some money.....heard he was taking a cruise with the money saved....so alls good in detroit.....why even play the reg season....lets skip right to the WS and show everyone that prince was ALL the fault.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess since muzz hasnt been around.....im the new one for the pot stirring guy....
\

He doesn't want to talk about the Trumbo trade....Lmao......How's that for stirring the pot......Skaggs really? Wow.....D backs fucking up with that.....

Trumbo is great for fantasy, I love the guy, He ain't gonna help the snakes in the desert lmao. :laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis could be the CF if Detroit trades Jackson! I doubt that but still get the feeling he could be moved.

I liked Infante and out of all the guys projected to be moved he was the one I wanted to see come back…well before Peralta.

I would have liked McClouth as well but he may have wanted to stay on the East Coast.

Detroit needed to make some changes. They couldn't get it done last year with what they put on the field. I get shaking things up getting younger faster and more athletic.

I get the feeling Dave D botched a few signings this off season. Given the choice I would expect to see Phil Coke and Dan Kelly get cut if some better pieces come along. They were signed before Detroit made these moves….

Now the most important thing will be a great bull pen! If Detroit wants to play 4-3 games they better be back loaded for bear in that pen. No Phil Coke losing it.

Would be nice to see ajax get moved, but only for choo to come in...

I get shaking things up.....but a team that close? Too much shaking...

I get the fielder trade.....cant understand the fister trade...weak return IMO

I agree 1000 percent about needing a BP to win this way.....we have kroll and coke as our lefties....all the same relievers besides nathan on the other side....benoit did a fine job closing so i dont consider that a huge upgrade.....name wise yes....but benoit was solid.....dont trust our 7-8 inning guys still. First priority should of been some middle relievers....lopez, crain, would of been 2 i liked. I dont think rondon should just get the set up guy handed to him like the closers role last year.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now im negative because i dont like the moves and predict the tigers to win the division?

Last year i was a blind homer who buried my head in the sand and thought the tigers were the greatest thing ever.

Maybe ill earn someones respect if i just troll and start shit everyday instead of having MY OWN opinions.

Guess i want to be like the guy who got banned.....begged to come back....talked shit about this site since they were on to his making new screen names every week trying to SNEAK back on....or just flat out getting banned from certain team pages.

Ive never been banned for trolling....was banned for less than 24 hrs from a thread because of a lie.....and was told by hammer himself it was a mistake....

So yeah....i wanna be like a troll

So since i want to be like you massa.....should i be anti tigers? Or rah rah tigers to win your praise.....i can only hope that when i turn 84 ill be on here spending my days trying to stir shit up just like you.

Shouldve said tigers not win the division

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't turning into the Lions board but the retarded CBS board with the return of Iffy and Bereal ...garbage in garbage out.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't want to talk about the Trumbo trade....Lmao......How's that for stirring the pot......Skaggs really? Wow.....D backs fucking up with that.....

Trumbo is great for fantasy, I love the guy, He ain't gonna help the snakes in the desert lmao. :laugh3:

Yeah he seems to never talk arizona baseball.....or talk about how much money they have. Guess its ok for that team to get a slow power hitting guy with below avg defense.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't turning into the Lions board but the retarded CBS board with the return of Iffy and Bereal ...garbage in garbage out.....

I agree.....he shouldnt had been let back in.....everyone knows hes not a tiger fan.....all he does is come in here to stir the pot.....i know i should igg him.....i try my best....but its the same thing over and over and over

I just find it funny how hes pointing out about me being negative......the so called tiger fan with shit like "pizza boy" "fielder is fat"...."JV is washed up"......loves to bring up when miggy fails......but now im the negative one....

I said it on another thread....

He will come back....be decent, talk baseball.......then when he gets comfortable.....be right back to the irritating iffy.....,just starting shit to get a rise.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skaggs impressed nobody in AZ. He is easily replaced with Archie Bradley who should be called up at the AS break. If Trumbo bombs, he becomes a one year flop....hopefully he helps Goldschmidt by supplying protection at the 4th spot in the order. (Right cleaves???) The biggest loss to D'Backs may be Adam Eaton....

Muzz.....you were saying the AZ Cardinals couldn't match the Lions??? Have you checked out the records of the two teams lately. Luckily for the Lions, they play in the weakest division in the NFL.

BTW muzz....I am starting to come around to thinking that Stafford IS way over-rated.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh....,tigers talking trade with dodgers......matt kemp........maybe we can get him and rhianna will become a tiger fan. Ajax for kemp?