• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Rajai Davis in LF if DD doesn't swing a trade? I'm not sure he would accept a platoon role with Dirks but he would fit with the shift to emphasizing speed. He does strike out a lot so he should fit right in on the Tigers.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, congrats to the Spartans. They looked great and I look forward to seeing them out here against the Cardinals.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on a cbs article...interesting....i guess vmart and tori coming off the books after next year are going to help.....

"Remember, deals can be backloaded, even heavily. Before the Nathan signing, the Tigers only had $82.8 million committed to 2015 and $64.8 million committed to 2016. Even with huge-money deals to Scherzer and Cabrera, it might be possible to fit someone like Shin-Soo Choo in there. It also wouldn't be too surprising to see the payroll rise in the next several years."

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who seen the article on cbs about the yanks backing out of trading for cabrera back in 07 because they didnt want to trade phillip hughes, joba chamberlain or ian kennedy......

Bet they wish they could take a mulligan....

Stated if yanks made the trade...detroit might of signed either adam dunn or texeira the following year to play 1B....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the angels are shopping trumbo for pitching....hmmm wonder if they might of liked fister.....

Dominic brown being shopped also....

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the angels are shopping trumbo for pitching....hmmm wonder if they might of liked fister.....

Angels offered Trumbo for Fister, a month ago, and DD said NO. I believe the Marlins also offered Stanton for Fister and DD said - NO WAY! And, of course, you read where DD turned down the offer of David Price for Fister. DD said from the get go....Lombardozzi or Bust!

:lol:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who seen the article on cbs about the yanks backing out of trading for cabrera back in 07 because they didnt want to trade phillip hughes, joba chamberlain or ian kennedy......

Bet they wish they could take a mulligan....

Stated if yanks made the trade...detroit might of signed either adam dunn or texeira the following year to play 1B....

Kinda like when we didn't trade Porcello and Crosby for now retired Roy Halladay. New York already had ARod at third. Woulda been weird if they would have committed much to a deal for Cabrera. Unless they were way ahead of everybody in thinking he should play first. Or if they somehow wanted to put him back in left. I don't know, would have been an odd fit at the time it seems to me.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers and one other team in on Choo. IMO it's not Detroit either. I am thinking they will look for a platoon guy.

The outside shot is they find a 3B and put Castellanos in RF.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah! Thanks muzz! Sotillo is now in my Top Ten Latin American cities to visit. Thanks for dyin' Hugo Chavez, ya jerk.
not sure i would want to visit. magglio was a Chavez supporter and extreme leftist. loved mags as a player. his political views.... not so much.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure i would want to visit. magglio was a Chavez supporter and extreme leftist. loved mags as a player. his political views.... not so much.

I really am curious what a lifetime MLB player knows about being a Mayor in a city of over 250K......Sounds like not much going to come of that.

Then again, the status quo in a fucked up counrty can't be good either........I wish him the best and if he slides on his ass to make that city better cudos to him.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am curious what a lifetime MLB player knows about being a Mayor in a city of over 250K......Sounds like not much going to come of that.

Then again, the status quo in a fucked up counrty can't be good either........I wish him the best and if he slides on his ass to make that city better cudos to him.

Magglio has (at least) the same qualifications that get so many a-holes elected in THIS country......a butt load of money. I am sure, in his country Magglio is a very, very wealthy man. Who knows....he might be the beginner of the Venezuelan version of the ''Bush Family''.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD stated today that he has his eye on a few free agents...''But not the big-big ones."

I am surprised that Dombrowski even showed up at the winter meetings.....since the Tigers have ''no playoff hopes'' this year.
:L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can't tax me to death as a tourist, can they? I bet there are plenty of Tigers fans. (I never was aware Maggs had political ambitions, until tonight)

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like 'jalopy' was on to something. Tigers are said to be frontrunners in signing Rajai Davis. I know he has trouble with righties. But he hits lefties very well. Good compliment to Dirks and adds a LOT of speed. With guys like Kinsler, Iggy, Jackson, and Davis......Cabrera and VMart might get lapped running the bases.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like 'jalopy' was on to something. Tigers are said to be frontrunners in signing Rajai Davis. I know he has trouble with righties. But he hits lefties very well. Good compliment to Dirks and adds a LOT of speed. With guys like Kinsler, Iggy, Jackson, and Davis......Cabrera and VMart might get lapped running the bases.

I don't know about Davis accepting a platoon role. Last I heard he wanted a full time gig somewhere but that maybe that changed or maybe the Tigers are willing to give him an opportunity to win the job.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we're in direct competition with the Twins. I'd love his speed. One step closer to the kind of baseball I'd like to see the Tigers play.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the deal with Davis is done. Two years for the speedy outfielder. maybe he can teach AJ how to steal a base.