• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know....it doesnt matter what one says on here....iffy just likes to start shit....if i came on here saying how great the offseason moves were, i guarantee he would be on here telling me how the team got weaker...

All he cares about is irritating tiger fans and worrying about the tigers payroll..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A short term deal with Sizemore, Hart, or Kubal was mentioned in the paper if Detroit isn't interested in a trade. I mentioned that before but have started to doubt that.

Dave D is setting this team up as a younger more athletic ball club. The hire of Ausmus should have been a sign that Dave D was going to shake things up as I think Ausmus is more suited to growing with a young club than trying to shake a club of older All stars up.

Looking ahead, Hunter and Martinez are on the last year of their deals. Inglesias and Castellanos are both young and have team control left. Leaving Kinsler and Cabrera as the elder guys and I keep hearing Kinsler may be part of another package. A Jax, Dirks, Avilia are young guys that fall between really young and solid veterans. If Dave D pulls a trade I would think he is looking for a younger guy with some athleticism.

Sizemore and hart cant stay healthy....kubel is the opposite of what were trying to do i guess....bad defense and no speed...wouldnt mind sizemore if hes cheap with incentives....but he hasnt done anything for awhile.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn cleeves, you're making me feel like this is the Lions board bro. Looking around the AL I still don't see a better rotation, no matter who is at the backend for Detroit.(Maybe Oakland as a whole, but Im not scared. They won't all be there by the end o July.) Fister did well for us. As a #4 starter. And we got as much as we gave to get him.

Just saying smitty....this team got worse....thats my opinion....kills me on the detroit pages that when youre not all rah rah youre a whiner or something......i will start my eat crow thread in april and we will see.....as of now....royals are winning the division and miggy wont have a huge year......my opinions.....vmart wont put fear into opposing teams enough to pitch to miggy.....

Tigers whole season in my eyes is....if dirks can play average ball.....nicky c HAS to hit well......avila has to be like avila of the 2nd half...rondon needs to be able to handle the set up role and smyly needs to show he wont slow down in the 2nd half......not to mention we didnt upgrade our LH situation in the BP

Its funny all the slack im getting.....im a huge DD suporter.....but i dont have to like these moves......but yet so called fans who called fielder fat or call people pizza boy think they are the tigers number 1 fan because they worry about payroll

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers Wenger camp with the team they have now, you will have plenty that age with you but you fall to mention how much they have upgraded defensively. It does matter.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This idea that Miggy will be walked every time up because Vmart won't hit a HR and he grounds into double plays is nuts......Prince hit into a bunch of double plays.....how many HR did he hit after Miggy walked? VMart could hit .320 next season> That is a bunch of protection......

Look up princes stats when miggy was intentionally walked ahead of him.....prince could at least put fear into a manager to not walk miggy.....i like vmart but he is more of a older version of joe mauer now....with less speed. Problem is , when he does single with miggy on 1st...miggy only moves to 2B......unlike last yr where vmart was our 5th hitter and a chance with a runner in scoring position....whos gonna fill that 5th spot next year? Dirks? Avila? Nicky c?.......so once again, why wouldnt you walk miggy?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This idea that Miggy will be walked every time up because Vmart won't hit a HR and he grounds into double plays is nuts......Prince hit into a bunch of double plays.....how many HR did he hit after Miggy walked? VMart could hit .320 next season> That is a bunch of protection......

Vmart was 8th in GIDP last year....prince wasnt in the top 13......oops come again.....may i have another!

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleaves....again, you are worrying too much about what I say here. I think you are acting irrational, and I told you so. Deal with it and move on. A couple other posters pointed out the same thing....so I am not picking on YOU.

As for muzz.....the guy shows up once a week - and the only comment he has to contribute is: "Raburn, Inge, Leyland, Lamont". And I am the bad guy here???????

Accept the fact that Tiger management is dealing within financial constraints. You are NOT going to get an All-Star in every position. The Tigers came close the last 3 years - but 'No Ciger'. They are trying some new things now (partly due to finances/partly to not finishing the deal). They got rid of Leyland - which was the rally cry here - so let's assume Ausmus IS a better manager and he'll do a better job! Isn't that what everyone wanted?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers Wenger camp with the team they have now, you will have plenty that age with you but you fall to mention how much they have upgraded defensively. It does matter.

Not sure how to judge defense as a team, besides maybe the eye ball test...but fan graphs had the cubs number 3. The padres and brewers top 10. White sox 11. And the tigers 12......orioles, who missed the playoffs were number 1.......so according to their stats, defense doesnt make you a winner.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleaves....again, you are worrying too much about what I say here. I think you are acting irrational, and I told you so. Deal with it and move on. A couple other posters pointed out the same thing....so I am not picking on YOU.

As for muzz.....the guy shows up once a week - and the only comment he has to contribute is: "Raburn, Inge, Leyland, Lamont". And I am the bad guy here???????

Accept the fact that Tiger management is dealing within financial constraints. You are NOT going to get an All-Star in every position. The Tigers came close the last 3 years - but 'No Ciger'. They are trying some new things now (partly due to finances/partly to not finishing the deal). They got rid of Leyland - which was the rally cry here - so let's assume Ausmus IS a better manager and he'll do a better job! Isn't that what everyone wanted?

If you notice YOU were the one who was worrying about MY OPINION......i only replied to you....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And i dont give a fuck who does and doesnt agree with me....its my opinion....im not in here trolling trying to get a rise out of fans.....i have my opinions and im entitled to them.....,sorry im not buying the we saved money added speed and defense while actually doing nothing to upgrade our BP crap. But were still gonna walk into the playoffs....this team won by one game last year....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love how youre saying how i want an all star at every position......you never explained about me wanting fielder AND choo......avila iggy ajax dirks nicky c kinsler and vmart are hardly all stars.......maybe one time avila vmart and kinsler WERE.

Keep preaching the finances. That seems to be ALL you think you know

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me interject..... Raburn Sucks!

Back to your regular scheduled programming.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how to judge defense as a team, besides maybe the eye ball test...but fan graphs had the cubs number 3. The padres and brewers top 10. White sox 11. And the tigers 12......orioles, who missed the playoffs were number 1.......so according to their stats, defense doesnt make you a winner.
best way too judge a team by defense is effeciency. basically # of balls in play and how many outs were converted from those plays. last season top 3 all made the playoffs (Reds, A's and Rays). Of the top 10 half made the playoffs. defense is not the end all. Still have to have pitching and also score a few runs. Tigers finished # 24 last season. It is worth noteing Tigers were # 15 before Prince (2011) and finished 24 and 25 the two seasons with Fielder. This of course would include having Cabrerra at third.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees have a cash to spend since they didn't resign Cano. No need to pay part of any contract going to New York. But Adrian is correct they may not be one of the 10 teams he has on his trade list....but a 3 team with say the Reds for Phillips is an example of making it happen for NY.

Not that I want to see Kinsler moved I just have seen his name mentioned a few times.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees have a cash to spend since they didn't resign Cano. No need to pay part of any contract going to New York. But Adrian is correct they may not be one of the 10 teams he has on his trade list....but a 3 team with say the Reds for Phillips is an example of making it happen for NY.

Not that I want to see Kinsler moved I just have seen his name mentioned a few times.

If I was in NY's shoes....I'd try and sign Infante instead of trading for Kinsler. I'd like to see Gardner in Detroit, but it won't do the team much good if Gardner steals a lot of bases....I hear that Miggy is going to be walked 500 times this season so VMart can hit into 490 DPs!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha just read this in an article on cbs....

"•People who scream about baseball players being overpaid: It's easy to sit here and proclaim "no one is worth that kind of money," but the owners are the billionaires and they're swimming in profits. Would you rather them pocket the money or put it back in the on-field product? Think about it. They have the money. It's either going to be the owner's dough or the players. Sign me up for the players getting it. They're the ones earning it. Let the simpletons whine about the salaries while ignoring how much money entertainers in other fielders make."

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleaves - you responded to MY post THREE times. Thanks.:L

I see nothing changes with you....i actually tried to have decent baseball talks with you, but it always ends up the same result...

First i was a rah rah tiger fan with my head in the sand for believing they were WS contenders.....while you always reminded us at the time that the tigers had the same record as the yanks early last year....

Now since i dont like the offseason moves and im not feeling as good about the team AT THIS MINUTE, im a horrible fan who knows nothing about payroll or what the owner is willing to spend...i should just root for another team since i dont care for our 5-9 hitters or our BP.....

So know matter which way i go, i will always have your attention to be critical of anything i say......just seems youre here to argue and irritate no matter if im positive or negative.

Guess this is turning into the lions board.....any non positive opinions are not welcome.....and if so, youre not a true tiger fan.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was in NY's shoes....I'd try and sign Infante instead of trading for Kinsler. I'd like to see Gardner in Detroit, but it won't do the team much good if Gardner steals a lot of bases....I hear that Miggy is going to be walked 500 times this season so VMart can hit into 490 DPs!

Yup and people can be mad or whatever.....but im going to stick to that until the tigers get a decent 5 hitter......ill let it go for now...only time will tell if im wrong or not. But yup for the last time....quote it .....miggy will be walked a ton.....vmart will hit into alot of DP's AGAIN........the only way i see miggy not getting walked alot outside of us signing a decent 5 hitter or leadoff hitter that could let kinsler bat 5th would be if nicky C makes a run at rookie of the year and shows power....around 20 HR power.....wheres craig monroe when you need him?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see nothing changes with you....i actually tried to have decent baseball talks with you, but it always ends up the same result...

First i was a rah rah tiger fan with my head in the sand for believing they were WS contenders.....while you always reminded us at the time that the tigers had the same record as the yanks early last year....

Now since i dont like the offseason moves and im not feeling as good about the team AT THIS MINUTE, im a horrible fan who knows nothing about payroll or what the owner is willing to spend...i should just root for another team since i dont care for our 5-9 hitters or our BP.....

So know matter which way i go, i will always have your attention to be critical of anything i say......just seems youre here to argue and irritate no matter if im positive or negative.

Guess this is turning into the lions board.....any non positive opinions are not welcome.....and if so, youre not a true tiger fan.....

Should say...

So no matter which way i go....

I figured i better change it before iffy gets ahold of it and explains to me the difference of no and know......