• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
granderson and beltran gone..good..
DD better do some thing. this team is not as good as last years team. we are going to miss fistr.

we have sunk down to KC and Clevelands level now.

Dirks will be fine. Kinsler will be ok. But with Iggy and that kid cast..at 3rd..that will be a weak hitting bottom of the line up.

Maybe Illitch should invest in a HEART machine, doug. But I am afraid that DD can't do much unless they raise the team salary by another $20mil. Of course, if Illitch puts all his cash on the Wolverines to lose any bowl game they are in....he could bring in some bucks.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A short term deal with Sizemore, Hart, or Kubal was mentioned in the paper if Detroit isn't interested in a trade. I mentioned that before but have started to doubt that.

Dave D is setting this team up as a younger more athletic ball club. The hire of Ausmus should have been a sign that Dave D was going to shake things up as I think Ausmus is more suited to growing with a young club than trying to shake a club of older All stars up.

Looking ahead, Hunter and Martinez are on the last year of their deals. Inglesias and Castellanos are both young and have team control left. Leaving Kinsler and Cabrera as the elder guys and I keep hearing Kinsler may be part of another package. A Jax, Dirks, Avilia are young guys that fall between really young and solid veterans. If Dave D pulls a trade I would think he is looking for a younger guy with some athleticism.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A short term deal with Sizemore, Hart, or Kubal was mentioned in the paper if Detroit isn't interested in a trade. I mentioned that before but have started to doubt that.

Dave D is setting this team up as a younger more athletic ball club. The hire of Ausmus should have been a sign that Dave D was going to shake things up as I think Ausmus is more suited to growing with a young club than trying to shake a club of older All stars up.

Looking ahead, Hunter and Martinez are on the last year of their deals. Inglesias and Castellanos are both young and have team control left. Leaving Kinsler and Cabrera as the elder guys and I keep hearing Kinsler may be part of another package. A Jax, Dirks, Avilia are young guys that fall between really young and solid veterans. If Dave D pulls a trade I would think he is looking for a younger guy with some athleticism.

I'm trying to figure out WHO Dombrowski would use in a trade. I can't see him trading Porcello now, and Smyly wouldn't bring much in return. Like you said, Kinsler is a possibility....since they could turn 2B over to Lombardozzi and Hernan Perez.
BTW...AZ has a righty hitting outfielder - AJ Pollock - who could split time with Dirks in left. Good speed and a little power. Basically a CF, so his defense should be decent. I'm thinking THAT is the kind of player DD is looking to add. (Of course some fans have already declared the Tigers 'out of the playoffs', so I don't know if DD should even bother.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Brett Gardner would be a nice option at the top of the order and in left? He and Austin could cover a lot of ground together.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn cleeves, you're making me feel like this is the Lions board bro. Looking around the AL I still don't see a better rotation, no matter who is at the backend for Detroit.(Maybe Oakland as a whole, but Im not scared. They won't all be there by the end o July.) Fister did well for us. As a #4 starter. And we got as much as we gave to get him.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Brett Gardner would be a nice option at the top of the order and in left? He and Austin could cover a lot of ground together.

I was thinking the same thing. Kinsler to NY? (And Yanks throw in Ichiro?) :rollseyes:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler would make a lot of sense to the Yankees. Kinsler for Gardner add in a prospect and Detroit resigns Infante.

It just doesn't address the offense but Detroit's OF would have gotten much more athletic.

It would also be cheaper and be a wash talent wise.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This idea that Miggy will be walked every time up because Vmart won't hit a HR and he grounds into double plays is nuts......Prince hit into a bunch of double plays.....how many HR did he hit after Miggy walked? VMart could hit .320 next season> That is a bunch of protection......

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys here are seeing spiders on the wall.....and the sky is falling chicken little.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. Kinsler to NY? (And Yanks throw in Ichiro?) :rollseyes:

I love me some Ichiro.... But.... We don't really need a 15mil 5th outfielder.(although we'd have the best defensive outfield, with depth, in baseball) I was thinking a AA arm or some sort of minor league depth along with Gardner.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinsler has a no trade clause for all but 10 teams and is being paid a lot of $$. Trading kinsler is not really a possibility. You have to find a team willing to take on a lot $$ and is not on his no trade list. Tigers and Texas were the perfect trade partners. Texas needing a spot for profar and needing a lefty hitter and Detroit had a spot at 2b and looking to free up $$. I doubt DD can find the situation twice.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinsler has a no trade clause for all but 10 teams and is being paid a lot of $$. Trading kinsler is not really a possibility. You have to find a team willing to take on a lot $$ and is not on his no trade list. Tigers and Texas were the perfect trade partners. Texas needing a spot for profar and needing a lefty hitter and Detroit had a spot at 2b and looking to free up $$. I doubt DD can find the situation twice.

I've read a few different places saying Kinsler could be part of another deal. But maybe they're just spitballing like me.(New York doesn't seem to be concerned about payroll and is missing a big hitting second baseman now...) It's easier for me to want to see Kinsler dealt over other guys like AJax, Max, Rick etc because I don't know what Im missing yet. And it would save a lot more money. And Im not exactly happy that Tram and Lou BOTH will be having their #'s worn.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler would make a lot of sense to the Yankees. Kinsler for Gardner add in a prospect and Detroit resigns Infante.

It just doesn't address the offense but Detroit's OF would have gotten much more athletic.

It would also be cheaper and be a wash talent wise.

It wouldn't help the power area if the offense, that's for sure.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers would have to swallow some of Kinslers contract. Right now, the Yankees could sign Infante for around $25 million......Kinsler is owed $62mil. The only way the yankees might do that is if Detroit picks up Vernon Wells contract (owed $21mil for one more year). NY and Detroit would have to work out some way to spread out Wells money over several years.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only player NY has that would interest the Tigers would probably be brett gardner. leadoff hitter and steals bases. Not sure he is really a tremendous upgrade over Dirks though. Strikes out way too much (127 last season) and both guys pretty good defensive OF's. probably not aa big enough upgrade to give up Kinsler for however.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Cow! At least wait until spring training to start whining. This team has won 3 straight division titles and has the best starting rotation in baseball. There is more to baseball than hitting home runs.

Why is it whining? Because i dont agree with the moves so far?

I hardly ever whined about the tigers over the last 8-9 yrs....maybe jimmy, or inge or raturd.....but i supported every move DD has made in the past...

I guess if you disagree with moves, your whining.....i guess this board will slowly turn into the lions 2.0 board....if you disagree, youre a whiner or not a fan....

I didnt say you need a team of HR hitters....but having no power outside of miggy.....we will see.....but im sure some tiger fans are hoping for 20+ HR's from nicky c or kinsler.....

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers would have to swallow some of Kinslers contract. Right now, the Yankees could sign Infante for around $25 million......Kinsler is owed $62mil. The only way the yankees might do that is if Detroit picks up Vernon Wells contract (owed $21mil for one more year). NY and Detroit would have to work out some way to spread out Wells money over several years.
actually you might to want dabblecheck that. Angels on the hook for all of around 3 mil for Wells.

Tigers do not need a righty like Wells. need a lefty. Wells hit 233 last season. He is not an upgrade over Dirks.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You REALLY need to become a fan of some other team. You just took the lineup of one of the TOP teams in baseball and tore it apart. Perhaps try starting over with the Astros.....maybe you will learn to appreciate what you had in Detroit.

Yeah but somehow youre a great tiger fan...i guess its ok to make fun of fielder and miggy while sticking up for raburn inge and jimmy.....or maybe tell us once again how JV was washed up.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
granderson and beltran gone..good..
DD better do some thing. this team is not as good as last years team. we are going to miss fistr.

we have sunk down to KC and Clevelands level now.

Dirks will be fine. Kinsler will be ok. But with Iggy and that kid cast..at 3rd..that will be a weak hitting bottom of the line up.

Watch out dougie....even you the ultimate homer might get called a whiner for disagreeing with the moves...

I agree 5-9 is going to be very weak.....i keep saying i hope im wrong and would be happy to eat some crow....but with this lineup?