• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying smitty....this team got worse....thats my opinion....kills me on the detroit pages that when youre not all rah rah youre a whiner or something......i will start my eat crow thread in april and we will see.....as of now....royals are winning the division and miggy wont have a huge year......my opinions.....vmart wont put fear into opposing teams enough to pitch to miggy.....

Tigers whole season in my eyes is....if dirks can play average ball.....nicky c HAS to hit well......avila has to be like avila of the 2nd half...rondon needs to be able to handle the set up role and smyly needs to show he wont slow down in the 2nd half......not to mention we didnt upgrade our LH situation in the BP

Its funny all the slack im getting.....im a huge DD suporter.....but i dont have to like these moves......but yet so called fans who called fielder fat or call people pizza boy think they are the tigers number 1 fan because they worry about payroll

I can't say that I think we're any better right now than we were after Game 6 in Boston. Or after the Iggy/Peavy/Lil' Miggy deal. But we haven't hit the Winter Meetings yet. Am I big on Ian Kinsler over Princey as far as baseball goes? No, no Im not. Am I big on Lombardozzi-Ray-the other Ian over Dougie? No , not really. But DD isn't done and Don Kelly is still under contract. Miggy is still the best hitter in the world and Id take JV to pitch against anybody anyday of the week. No way in hell am I looking at KC as the favorites in the division right now. Even if I think Jason Vargas was a quality signing and trading for Aoki was a good move. If no further improvements have been made by the 12th, I'll adjust my expectations.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Aoki......Missed on that one if we swung not sure.....Give me Choo!!!!!!!!

Inge sucks D-back taint.....Lamont flat out is taint.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Gordon won't be hitting leadoff for KC. And I love their defense. Still have little to no punch in the lineup though.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for Sparty. They were the better team. Overrated State University had their BCS tickets already purchased! Glad the entire media has to eat a big bowl of shut the fuck up about the BCS now!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for Sparty. They were the better team. Overrated State University had their BCS tickets already purchased! Glad the entire media has to eat a big bowl of shut the fuck up about the BCS now!
:agree::10::laugh3:

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good day to be RAC/aarons store in lansing. couch sales should go through the roof today.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny the Overrated State University fans are always quick to deflect, not a Sparty fan but have to give them credit. My drunk MSU friend was texting me at 3 am.

I am sure their is some frostbite in Cedar Village today!

Anyone else think Dave D will kick the tires on Hart or Sizemore?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha so true.....watched with a friend whos a nebraska fan....he rooted for OSU to piss me off. He just knew OSU was going to blow sparty out....bwahahaha...

Urban meyer is such a poor loser....

We did it our way....dantonio got them feeling some type of way....

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How any person can be a Lion's fan is beyond my understanding. Decades of failure. Any person who watches and follows the Lions are doing a major dis-service to the city. The place has enough problems without being connected to the worst franchise in all of sports.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Tigers are in the lead for Choo..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How any person can be a Lion's fan is beyond my understanding. Decades of failure. Any person who watches and follows the Lions are doing a major dis-service to the city. The place has enough problems without being connected to the worst franchise in all of sports.
Most of your points are valid, but the North division is so bad that they are still the favorites to win it.. And they have some good pieces there.. Talent is actually not lacking for once..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha so true.....watched with a friend whos a nebraska fan....he rooted for OSU to piss me off. He just knew OSU was going to blow sparty out....bwahahaha...

Urban meyer is such a poor loser....

We did it our way....dantonio got them feeling some type of way....

For what it's worth I'm rooting for the Spartans in the Rose Bowl.. It will be a great physical game.. I actually like the matchup for them..

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I was reading over some of the comments on the Lion's board about today's game. It seems there is a "Mr. Negativity" on that board too. Muzz....how come you don't turn "stool-pigeon" on that Micro guy?

I can relate to wanting to follow your 'home' team....even if you no longer live in MI. But I finally gave up! I admit it - I couldn't take the embarrassment. (and this was BEFORE the 0-16 season.) Until Lion fans (and ex-Lion's fans) push through some form of official protest to the NFL to have the Ford family removed from all connection to the team.....I can not support the team, nor have any sympathy for those who cheer the team on. AT LEAST try and change the name to the Michigan Lions and give the city a break.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what teams bandwagon have you jumped on little Ronnie?
hope you picked a good team.

since your town bugtussel doesn't have a NFL team...and tenneesse titans suck and the Vols suck..
I would guess you root for who ever is winning..and that isn't no team from Arizona...

Lions will be winners when we get a good coach.
we got the great QB and the best WR..2 really good DL.. plus you know the refs always gyp the Lions on the calls.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would some one read the Lions board when they can't post and hate the team? I see the behaviour from the CBS boards is returning.....personal attacks and stupid....
The lions are not good.....Doug....excuses don't make your team better.....A few superstars and a bunch of want a bees....not a team

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are frustrating to watch but im going to be a lion fan til i die....win or lose.....never been one to be a fairweather fan......look all the bad years sparty football had.....now were number 4......the tigers were bad in the 90's and early 2000's......hell i even remember the ron dugay days of the red wings....

Only makes it sweeter if they ever win.....just like ive never been more proud of a spartan football team then i am this year....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be proud cleeves. I don't think one single Sparty came to a game directly from jail this season. :yahoo:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winter meetings started and I would think if the Padres had anyone Ausmus liked he would make a push to get…reliever, Headley, and so on.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headley would be a nice add....but SD always wants young pitchers. Not a deep area for the Tigers. I'd still like to see a veteran lefty relief pitcher being added. Coke might not get through spring training. (Waste of money on that one, DD)

I am sure Detroit will be looking for a right handed compliment for Dirks in left. Something better than Matt Tui, I hope. Need a guy who can play a decent left field and maybe another position. If he can bat around .270 and hit 15-16 homers and drive in 50-60 runs....HEY! WAIT!!!!. That sounds like Ryan Raburn!!!!

:doh: