• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, scherzers value is at an all time high. I would also be for trading him if the right deal came.

I think the Scherzer- Cespedes deal might be fair. Max has one year before FA, Yoenis has 2. Yoenis would give us a LF and Nick C can man 3rd while saving $$$$$'s. We would then need to put some serious attention on the BP.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I'm not a Dirks lover or anything. I want the guy to be replaced and I think someone like Choo is 10 times better, but he played solid defense in 2013.. All I'm saying.. I know a lot of people don't like Dirks as a player but I think his one strength was clear.. And that isn't even all that important considering LF is a trivial position defensively..

Peralta played solid defense too

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kinsler and think he is a top 10 second basemen, and I remember a few years back the talk about him being an MVP type player. But I also like Infante and thought he never really got the praise that he earned. He has been very under rated his entire career.

I hate to see the Tigers walk away from Infante but understand that the cash flexibility and Kinsler as a replacement makes total sense.

My fear right now is we go into 2014 and 3b becomes the second base of 2012. Looking for a replacement halfway through the season. I think Castellanos is better than Sizemore but he could end up as the left field guy.

I think trading Fielder was the best move the Tigers could do as Miggy is not a 3B but to think this doesn't create some issues is wishful thinking. I get Dave D is not finished and the Tigers will sign a closer and either a LF or 3B but who and how much to me is the key.

A few years ago? I dont think kinsler has had a great season for 6-7 yrs.....his numbers really arent great. And hes not getting any younger. Hes 2 yrs older than prince.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Choo turned dow his qualifing offer and it would cost Detroit a 1st round pick to sign him. I don't think thats going to happen.

Their are some interesting names in FA that may sign short term deals. Chavez at 3B would be a good fit as long as a guy like Castellanos rotates with him.

Corey Hart would fit that athletic OF role that Comerica park demands.

Mclouth would be a good platoon guy with Dirks and provide more speed.

I would have like Nelson Cruz but he would cost Detroit draft picks.

Juan Uribe

Plus Dave D could find a trade partner for Porcello or Scherzer.

Corey hart and athletic in the same sentence? Hes a big goof who seems to always be hurt. Hes had one good year......eric chavez is like 90.....i like mclouth but theres no way he platoons....hes not cheap.....juan uribe is as fat as fielder and K's alot.....i could do cruz.....who cares about draft picks if it brings us a star.....we trade em anyways.....outside of grandy what tiger prospect hitter came up for detroit and lived up to his billing?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about bringing granderson back with nathan? I prefer choo and nathan but are the tigers looking to spend that much and still sign scherzer and a 3b?

I said that too....would be happy with grandy and nathan......but im bias towards grandy.....he was one of my fav all time tigs...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLouth is from Muskegon, right? :)

Nope actually seen him last month at my cousins wedding reception.....since they are from whitehall they had it in shelby mich....i told him he needs to clear it up......he just laughed it off....think he might of been buzzed.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Scherzer- Cespedes deal might be fair. Max has one year before FA, Yoenis has 2. Yoenis would give us a LF and Nick C can man 3rd while saving $$$$$'s. We would then need to put some serious attention on the BP.

a's need to throw in one of their pitchers tho. Or maybe a BP arm

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The inaugural induction class into the Whitehall Sports Hall of Fame will include a current major-league baseball player.

Nate McLouth, an outfielder for the Atlanta Braves, will headline the first induction ceremony on Nov. 12 at the White Lake VFW.

Other members of Whitehall’s inaugural class are Osie Rostic and Don Witt.

McLouth, a 2000 Whitehall graduate, was an All-Star centerfielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2008 and now plays for the Braves.

He was a three-sport standout for the Vikings and was named Mr. Baseball in Michigan in his senior year of 2000. He also quarterbacked the Whitehall football team to an undefeated regular season and playoff berth in 1999."

Trust me, hes not in the muskegon sports hall of fame......muskegons a lil bigger than whitehall....juuuuuust a lil

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The inaugural induction class into the Whitehall Sports Hall of Fame will include a current major-league baseball player.

Nate McLouth, an outfielder for the Atlanta Braves, will headline the first induction ceremony on Nov. 12 at the White Lake VFW.

Trust me, hes not in the muskegon sports hall of fame......muskegons a lil bigger than whitehall....juuuuuust a lil

Well...Wikipedia has McLouth solidly in Muskegon. Both under McLouth's article and as a 'notable person' in the article on Muskegon, Mi. I believe he is still listed as part of Muskegon Hospitals All-Time Baseball team. Alpng with Earl Morral and Harry (MASH) Morgan. :)

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cespedes but wish we would have signed him out of Cuba. No telling what his true age is, unless we cut him in half and count the rings!

I would like to see the Tigers try to get a guy like Anthony Rendon and Tyler Clippard from the Nats as well as a minor league prospect. Rendon could play 3rd and Castellanos LF. No telling if the Nats would give him up, but i read they would like Max.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cespedes but wish we would have signed him out of Cuba. No telling what his true age is, unless we cut him in half and count the rings!

I would like to see the Tigers try to get a guy like Anthony Rendon and Tyler Clippard from the Nats as well as a minor league prospect. Rendon could play 3rd and Castellanos LF. No telling if the Nats would give him up, but i read they would like Max.

His age won't matter the next two years. I would trade him straight up for Scherzer if I felt his character was there.

Rendon would be interesting. I would trade Max for him straight up as well. It would give you a long term 3B (fairly cheap) and lots of money to spend.

****All my Max stuff is predicated on the assumption that he won't be extended long term.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When it was mentioned that the Nationals were interested in Scherzer.....I was thinking Dennard Span and Rendon. Tigers might have to add something. Span is a free agent after this season...so it is a one on one for future FA's. I like Rendon's ability to play several positions....but like you said.....Washington might not even consider trading him, unless we throw in Castellanos. This deal would give us a speedy LF in Span and an above average prospect to take 3B.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda partial to the Cespedes for Scherzer idea......I wouldn't hate it.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a note that Peralta wants $56-$75MM for 4 yrs.. Bye Bye.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a note that Peralta wants $56-$75MM for 4 yrs.. Bye Bye.

What he wants and what hes gonna get are going to be far apart. Not a snowballs chance that anyone gives him that kind of deal. He won't be getting a 4 year deal period.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda partial to the Cespedes for Scherzer idea......I wouldn't hate it.

Cespedes strikes me as rather lazy and unmotivated. Haven't exactly watched him closely, but if we're dealing Scherzer it had better be involving someone who can replace him in the rotation, replace Smyly in the pen, or slightly restock the minor league system. The lineup already got considerably worse, Im not that eager to see the pitching staff go the same route. (I like the Rendon idea. But there would have to be more involved. Let em work out a deal with Max before hand if need be.)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cespedes strikes me as rather lazy and unmotivated. Haven't exactly watched him closely, but if we're dealing Scherzer it had better be involving someone who can replace him in the rotation, replace Smyly in the pen, or slightly restock the minor league system. The lineup already got considerably worse, Im not that eager to see the pitching staff go the same route. (I like the Rendon idea. But there would have to be more involved. Let em work out a deal with Max before hand if need be.)

I'm ok with holding onto Maxie Poo, but if the Tigers are intent on trading because of fininacial reasons, I wouldn't mind Cespedes in return....I think Smyly can win 17 games or so next year......Leaves us short in the rotation if a injury occurs but financially I think it's a good move and having Kinsler and Cespedes to replace Fielders bat isn't all that bad if you ask me, The defense is an upgrade to boot.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bullpen would frighten me without Drew in it. Im scared just thinkin aboot it muzz.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bullpen would frighten me without Drew in it. Im scared just thinkin aboot it muzz.

Agreed, but BP help is the easiest and cheapest to find, with the money not needed for Prince and Max next year, I don't think we would have a problem finding BP help this offseason as well as before the trade dealine next summer.