• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the St.L Cardinals! Standing up to the MLB and flipping off its Drug Policy. Way to tell the rest of the major league players that a 50 game suspension is well worth the risk. They can point to Jhonny Peralta and say...."Just admit to drug use, after fattening your stats, and get an 'over-the-top' contract the next season.

St. Louis Cardinals ...''Welcome Drug Users"

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not understanding all the hate towards jhonny. Got caught up in the Biogenisis stuff and served his 50 games. The stuff obviously didn't work. His contact with them was before the 2012 season. A season he hit a paltry 239, lowest of his career since his rookie season. Everybody looks at this season where he hit over 300, but doesn't realize jhonny got popped for something that he did prior to 2012. His ops was 824 in 2011, 689 the season he was involved with peds and back to 815 this season. whatever he got from Biogenisis he might want ask for his $$ back.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woulda loved to have him at third. Not on a four year deal. Not for that kind of money. But he woulda helped. PEDs, who gets caught, who gets suspected and who doesn't never has bothered me. Nobody would say much to any normal person for trying to be better at their J. O. B. Cardinals fans should have to eat a little crow though. The wholesome, homegrown, low budget stuff was old when it was true. If it ever was true.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn Henning of the Detroit News reports that the Tigers and free agent closer Brian Wilson are in “serious” negotiations. Henning reports that Wilson met yesterday with Brad Ausmus and Wilson’s agent Dan Lozano in Los Angeles.
Wilson was quite the pickup for the Dodgers after completing his Tommy John rehab. He pitched six scoreless innings in the postseason, striking out eight and allowing four hits. Overall he was 2-1 with a 0.66 ERA, and a 13/4 K/BB ratio in 13.2 innings as the Dodgers’ setup guy.
In addition to the Tigers, the Indians, Rangers, Angels and Mariners have been suggested as possible landing spots for Wilson. If he gets to Detroit, one of the Tigers’ biggest headaches of the past couple of years will be solved. At least on paper.
As for the “serious” conversation? I’m not sure what a “serious” conversation with Wilson looks like. I’ve had two conversations with him in my life. This was the first one. The second one involved him pointing at Willie Mays, who was on the other side of the clubhouse and asking me “who’s that?” When I looked at him he smiled at me, as he was checking to see if I actually thought he didn’t know who Willie Mays was.
So if he’s being serious now, well, that might be the most unsettling thing ever.

The Tigers are in ?serious? negotiations with Brian Wilson | HardballTalk

Would be a very nice addition to your bullpen.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Potato's dance moves always make me laugh. Wilson's routine annoys the hell out of me. Suppose if he can get batters out when it matters most I won't care how lame his side show is though. Bullpen needs fixin' that's for sure.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woulda loved to have him at third. Not on a four year deal. Not for that kind of money. But he woulda helped. PEDs, who gets caught, who gets suspected and who doesn't never has bothered me. Nobody would say much to any normal person for trying to be better at their J. O. B. Cardinals fans should have to eat a little crow though. The wholesome, homegrown, low budget stuff was old when it was true. If it ever was true.

Setting aside morals and ethics, I still don't think I would want him. Too inconsistent and too much of a defensive liability.

I like the idea of Wilson simply because he is cheaper and I believe the Tigers are hoping Rondon takes over the role. Even with Wilson, we still need some serious BP help.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have finished their coaching staff hiring former Tiger Darnell Coles as the assistant hitting coach. One under the radar move is the hiring of a ' defensive co ordinator" . That is Matt Martin. Now I know DD said after JL announced his retirement they were not looking for a culture change. However they have lost Omar with a ngative 5 runs saved and replaced him with Kinsler a positive 11 runs saved (and converted 11 more DP). lost a negative 18 runs saved from prince, replaced jhonny with an even runs saved with Iggy who will probably be a double digit guy. So it appears we will go with less runs being scored, but a lot less runs given up defensively.

Back to matt martin this is his job description from the Tigers. So this sounds like a culture change to me.

Matt Martin joins Tigers coaching staff as defensive coordinator - Bless You Boys

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Setting aside morals and ethics, I still don't think I would want him. Too inconsistent and too much of a defensive liability.

I like the idea of Wilson simply because he is cheaper and I believe the Tigers are hoping Rondon takes over the role. Even with Wilson, we still need some serious BP help.

Could be that Im overlooking Jhonnys shortcomings in the field(horrid range and so-so arm) on account of the more than thin FA crop at third. Could be. But he made the plays he could get to, hate that from a shortstop, but at the hot corner I wouldn't expect much else. What makes you see him as a liability in the field? He could at times be a double play machine, on offense, so I won't miss that aspect of his game. Still baffled that St. Louis gave him that long and big of a deal. It's just crazy to me. Back to the bullpen, yeah, much help is needed, especially lefties not named Phil Phreakin' Coke!

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jhonnys defense was not horrible. just average. His last 5 seasons his defense runs saved were around even. His uzr is always on the positive side. The problem was having jhonny and cabrerra on the same side of the IF. So if jhonny can hit 300 and play average D then he is basically derek jeter. jhonny is only 31 and we have to wonder what kind of range he will have in a few years.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Cleves comes on and gives thanks to the Wolverines...for soften up the Wild cats for them this week.

Iam thinking they are letting Jim Leyland help with signing players.....
why else for resigning Phil Coke??????????? I know left hand pitchers are hard to find. but this guy has proved over the last 2 years he sucks! Tigers can cut him before the teams head north and only pay him like $400,000..still he doesn't deserve a MLB uni.

How can something soft make someone soft? Weasels ARE the softest big 10 team...gonna be awful red in annie arbor sat.....so sad students selling their tix to OSU fans. Dont let the kids watch

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Potato's dance moves always make me laugh. Wilson's routine annoys the hell out of me. Suppose if he can get batters out when it matters most I won't care how lame his side show is though. Bullpen needs fixin' that's for sure.

You know if he gets 40 saves youre gonna grow a beard just like him.

Id like the signing since he will be cheaper than nathan....i wanted him last yr....guess i was one yr too early...ive always liked wilson myself....had him in fantasy a few yrs.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have finished their coaching staff hiring former Tiger Darnell Coles as the assistant hitting coach. One under the radar move is the hiring of a ' defensive co ordinator" . That is Matt Martin. Now I know DD said after JL announced his retirement they were not looking for a culture change. However they have lost Omar with a ngative 5 runs saved and replaced him with Kinsler a positive 11 runs saved (and converted 11 more DP). lost a negative 18 runs saved from prince, replaced jhonny with an even runs saved with Iggy who will probably be a double digit guy. So it appears we will go with less runs being scored, but a lot less runs given up defensively.

Back to matt martin this is his job description from the Tigers. So this sounds like a culture change to me.

Matt Martin joins Tigers coaching staff as defensive coordinator - Bless You Boys

I used to like darnell coles when he was our 3B....but he struck out alot....keep him away from ajax

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about jesse crain? Wonder what the nats want for clippard

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention conspiracy theorists: Prince Fielder will be wearing #84 for the Rangers this season. Thumbing his nose? Anything to this?

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know if he gets 40 saves youre gonna grow a beard just like him.

Id like the signing since he will be cheaper than nathan....i wanted him last yr....guess i was one yr too early...ive always liked wilson myself....had him in fantasy a few yrs.

I have a giant beard every winter. But it's red.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention conspiracy theorists: Prince Fielder will be wearing #84 for the Rangers this season. Thumbing his nose? Anything to this?

I doubt he knows when the Tigers last won the WS. He does know the year he was born though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he knows when the Tigers last won the WS. He does know the year he was born though.

You might be right on his knowledge of The Bless You Boys. Topic was brought up on local radio earlier today. Host was wigging out. My first reaction, "Ummm.... Isn't he 29? As in, born in '84?" Not sure if anyone let the guy know or not.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to like darnell coles when he was our 3B....but he struck out alot....keep him away from ajax

Sometimes the worst hitters are the best hitting coaches and the best hitters just suck because they cant understand how someone just doesnt get it.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention way too much money. Glad dd didnt waste it on peralta. Those numbers would look ok for a SS, they would be overpaying him for that kind of productivity from 3b.