• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fielder trade is huge for the tigers. I have been saying since day 1 how scary the back end of that contract is. The trade was completely financially motivated. Now they no longer have to trade max, (although Im not necessarily sold on signing him to a huge contract). They also can keep miggy a tiger for good, and they have the money to sign a player like choo, a couple of relievers and resign infante. At the same time they addressed their hole at 2b, their leadoff hitter and cleared up their logjam of 1b/dhs.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cant believe someone took that contract off of the tigers hands. We dodged a major bullet there. He should have a couple more good seasons but then his decline should be huge. Who knows, he has been declining the past two years already hitting in a very good lineup. Maybe the jet stream will help his numbers, glad hes gone. Every time he batted in clutch situations I had no faith in him. Thats not a good sign when hes supposed to be elite.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to your 2014 Starting Lineup:

1) Kinsler 2B
2) Jackson CF
3) Cabrera 1B
4) Martinez DH
5) Hunter RF
6) Avila C
7) Castellanos 3B
8) Dirks LF
9) Iglesias SS

Theres no way jackson bats 2nd....you need a contact hitter in the 2 hole....

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with your assessment that AJ lacks the bat handling normally associated with the 2-spot but his speed (not baserunning abilities) would help in front of Miggy. I think there is a decent chance Miggy gets dropped to fourth if he isn't fully healthy when the season starts.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember....it wasnt our pitching and defense that hurt us......it was the lack of hitting in the playoffs.....and the one game the BP blew.......

Wonder with leyland and prince gone....who will aaron and lionsucks blame now?

Im sticking with vmart challenging the record for DP's hit into.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wont be their starting lineup anyhow. The perfect offseason would be infante, choo, nathan and one other good reliever. I would be very happy. The offseason is young, DD is not done.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your assessment that AJ lacks the bat handling normally associated with the 2-spot but his speed (not baserunning abilities) would help in front of Miggy. I think there is a decent chance Miggy gets dropped to fourth if he isn't fully healthy when the season starts.

Theres no way in hell that aJax bats second, he strikes out every other at bat. If ausmus batted him second he might just be the worst manager of all time. Who cares how fast a guy is if he cant get on base.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Kinsler 2B
2) Jackson CF
3) Cabrera 1B
4) Martinez DH
5) Hunter RF
6) Avila C
7) Castellanos 3B
8) Dirks LF
9) Iglesias SS

Tigers need to upgrade on either Castellanos or Dirks. Avila batting sixth does not give me warm fuzzies. And Iggy may settle into the .250 hitter many have predicted. (I hate to say it....but maybe Detroit does need to sign Peralta to play 3B. He'd look a lot better batting in the sixth spot.)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember....it wasnt our pitching and defense that hurt us......it was the lack of hitting in the playoffs.....and the one game the BP blew.......

Wonder with leyland and prince gone....who will aaron and lionsucks blame now?

Im sticking with vmart challenging the record for DP's hit into.

Well aaron will always blame someone, this is the guy that suggested not starting JV in the playoffs and benching miggy. If those two guys arent good enough for him, no one is.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleaves.....and what about Muzz? He has dedicated the last three years blaming every problem on Leyland/Lamont. Even Lloyd is gone. No Raburn, no Inge, no Boesch....I guess he's done here.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaron...like doug....live in the NOW. There is no past, everything is immediate! Bad game, bench him! Bad series, trade him. Wrong relief pitcher, fire the manager. Tunnel vision.

But lay off Lions=suck. His posts on the Lion's board are fantastic....especially after a loss.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers need to upgrade on either Castellanos or Dirks. Avila batting sixth does not give me warm fuzzies. And Iggy may settle into the .250 hitter many have predicted. (I hate to say it....but maybe Detroit does need to sign Peralta to play 3B. He'd look a lot better batting in the sixth spot.)

The problem is that they both probably belong in LF. The Fielder trade didn't make the Tigers deeper, it just changed our need from a 2B to a 3B and gave the team some money to address it. Peralta isn't a possibility.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that they both probably belong in LF. The Fielder trade didn't make the Tigers deeper, it just changed our need from a 2B to a 3B and gave the team some money to address it. Peralta isn't a possibility.

Well I agree peralta shouldnt be a possibility but remember this is the same GM that played guillen at 2b, he has always chosen offense over defense and now that miggy is slidin over to 1st I am concerned that they will pay peralta too much to play 3b.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you keep him 3rd. Make sure to get him the max AB's....plus hes fitted better to hit 3rd IMO. i dont think hunters all that slow tho....plus hunters a better baserunner than ajax, not to mention he can hit and run....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wont be their starting lineup anyhow. The perfect offseason would be infante, choo, nathan and one other good reliever. I would be very happy. The offseason is young, DD is not done.

Id be happy with choo and nathan....really wanted javier lopez tho.....need a tough lefty for those tough power hitting lefties like ortiz and co.

I think we get peralta and nathan.....and maybe a couple middle relievers but no big name..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree...the bottom of the order is looking weak after vmart......unlike last year where our lineup was decent 1-9...

We pretty much swapped infante for kinsler and lost prince and peralta so far.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well aaron will always blame someone, this is the guy that suggested not starting JV in the playoffs and benching miggy. If those two guys arent good enough for him, no one is.

I just hate how tiger fans have treated fielder.....we look like the yankee fans now.....maybe we need to go back to losing 90-100 games to get these bandwagon fans off the ship.

So prince had a huge contract...that wasnt his fault.....was he suposed to turn the money down? I just dont like how tiger fans are bad mouthing prince.....the guy never missed a game....put up good numbers.....and came up short in the title run...in his 2 years....miggy won MVP both years....tigers won the division both years...had 2 ALCS appearances.....just sayin....we sound like spoiled yankee fans....

Too early to say if i like the trade....wanna see where the money we save goes. And see how the team produces next year....if we miss the playoffs, then what? We wont even have a playoff goat to blame.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I agree peralta shouldnt be a possibility but remember this is the same GM that played guillen at 2b, he has always chosen offense over defense and now that miggy is slidin over to 1st I am concerned that they will pay peralta too much to play 3b.

I like your idea with infante on a discount to play 3rd.....weve lost 3 starters and added one...

I asked aaron....what happens next year after vmart and tori are gone...then what.....he said...sign another FA.......so he hates the whole fielder signing thing now, but yet hes ready and willing for the tigers to go out and do it all over again.....

A year from now imagine what the top FA's will want....prince got his 2 yrs ago....cano wants 300 million.....if the tigers sign another expensive FA, i cant stand to hear the fans cry about the money again....im glad we are spending money....he could be cheap and just pocket the money.