• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clip and paste these predictions you said I made..

you cant. you just owned! when Dirks is helping this team in 2014.... I will say I tod you so.

but that's getting old owning you

doug....you are the biggest homer around. I don't think any one will disagree with that statement. As for your cut and paste....are you denying you said the Tigers would win it all? Are you denying you said Verlander has heart --- at least 1000 times? Doug - you never say anything negative until it slaps you in the face. AND THAT IS YOUR PREROGATIVE!!! All I am saying to you is....that your Rah Rah postings make it hard to buy anything you are selling. Your M.O. is: Everything Tiger related is great - until it isn't.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like smitty is having more trouble socializing with people different from him. Everyone needs to lock-step to smitty's drum.

But thank you smitty for at least momentarily taking me off your ignore list. Must be hard to breathe with your head in the sand.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like smitty is having more trouble socializing with people different from him. Everyone needs to lock-step to smitty's drum.

But thank you smitty for at least momentarily taking me off your ignore list. Must be hard to breathe with your head in the sand.

Still a dick.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of pressure for Kinsler to perform....Tigers could sign either Jhonny or Omar short term to play 3rd.....Prob we will see Nick C at 3rd.....Dirks, Ajax and Hunter is a good OF....WE won't all this automatic left- right shit we saw with JL.....I hope....

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read on this trade, the more I think Prince Fielder requested to get out of town.

Dave D would have been interested in moving Prince but it seems unlikely the club would have been willing to admit a mistake after just 2 seasons. Texas was not on Prince's trade list but he approved it very quickly without any negotiations.

Nick C will be given the first crack at 3B. His clock is running on team control and the Tigers can not afford to sign a big FA still needing a closer and possible platoon guy in LF or everyday LF.

The biggest impact this deal could have outside of contracts is it allows AJax to slide down in the order to 6th or 7th. Although taking the #2 hole would be my thought with Tori Hunter sliding to #3 and V Mart to 5th with Miggy the true cleanup hitter.

2b Kinsler
CF A Jax - speed to stay out of double plays
RF Hunter
1b Cabrera
DH V Mart
3b Nick C
LF Dirks/Platoon
C Al A
ss - Inglesias

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had someone remind me this morning that Nicky C once lead the Midwest League in batting average. Same guy reminded me that he also led the league in errors at third though. I wonder if the Tigers moved him out to the grass due to Cabrera, or himself? (I still wouldn't have a problem with giving him a chance there this spring if an outside option isn't found(Jhonny))

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if VMart hadn't screwed up his knee, the Tigers would be looking at a lineup something like they have now.

But the question sort of remains unanswered...can a team win it all with three DH-types playing everyday?

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2b Kinsler
CF A Jax - speed to stay out of double plays
RF Hunter
1b Cabrera
DH V Mart
3b Nick C
LF Dirks/Platoon
C Al A
ss - Inglesias

and this is the lineup without us signing any new players, which i high doubt happening. read some rumors that a porcello for howie kendrick might be in the near future. We need a LH hitting corner outfielder, IMO. Shin Shoo Choo? Or maybe even Granderson (for the right price). We just resigned coke to a 1 yr deal. I wouldnt mind signing both Wilson AND Nathan for our bullpen. Chris Perez seems more like a setup guy to me too, so him as well.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this is the lineup without us signing any new players, which i high doubt happening. read some rumors that a porcello for howie kendrick might be in the near future. We need a LH hitting corner outfielder, IMO. Shin Shoo Choo? Or maybe even Granderson (for the right price). We just resigned coke to a 1 yr deal. I wouldnt mind signing both Wilson AND Nathan for our bullpen. Chris Perez seems more like a setup guy to me too, so him as well.

Ummm....Kendrick plays 2B. I believe that position has been addressed.

I think we get Nathan and count on Rondon as a set-up guy.

Tigers didn't dump salary to sign SSC.

Porcello should be of the market in my opinion. The Tigers have made dramatic improvements at all four infield positions since last year and this should help him considerably (and Fister)

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the more likely scenario is either Peralta or Infante gives Detroit the home team discount and man 3B while Castellanos goes to LF. He would start as a platoon and work his way to everyday LF. As Smitty stated Castellanos was not gold glove material at 3b but a work in progress.

If Detroit's infield looked like Infante at 3b, Inglesias at SS, Kinsler at 2b and Miggy at 1b keeping Porcello and dealing Scherzer would still make a lot of sense. That would be a solid fielding infield and both Fister and Porcello are ground ball pitchers. The money saved could be used to resign Fister and extend Miggy.

I get that would not be popular but would give the Tigers cash to resign two guys and get bullpen help.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm....Kendrick plays 2B. I believe that position has been addressed.

I think we get Nathan and count on Rondon as a set-up guy.

Tigers didn't dump salary to sign SSC.

Porcello should be of the market in my opinion. The Tigers have made dramatic improvements at all four infield positions since last year and this should help him considerably (and Fister)

:agree:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello should be off the market in my opinion. The Tigers have made dramatic improvements at all four infield positions since last year and this should help him considerably (and Fister)

Yes, one of the biggest impacts of the trade should be infield defense and an upgrade in speed. Loving the DP combo of Iglesias and Kinsler. Kinsler in the top-five for 2B range factor his entire career (led the league in RF from 2006 to 2008), while Infante was below the league average. Kinsler also a much better baserunner than Omar.

Not sure about defense at 3B, unless Peralta plays there. Nick C struggled defensively at third in the minor leagues.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about defense at 3B, unless Peralta plays there. Nick C struggled defensively at third in the minor leagues.

Peralta isn't coming back. Nick C did have problems but would still be an upgrade. I still think the Tigers would be willing to trade Nick C if they got an attractive offer (and a 3B alternative).

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peralta isn't coming back. Nick C did have problems but would still be an upgrade. I still think the Tigers would be willing to trade Nick C if they got an attractive offer (and a 3B alternative).

From what I have heard he is asking for I agree, 15 million. But it may be easier to find a 3B and move Nick C to the OF. The fact the Tigers have lighten the log jam at 1B gives them some flexibility.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard he is asking for I agree, 15 million. But it may be easier to find a 3B and move Nick C to the OF. The fact the Tigers have lighten the log jam at 1B gives them some flexibility.

Agree completely. Now we just need a young Mike Schmidt to fall into our laps.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought last season many here thought Nick C was the second coming and should have been playing then......I have never seen him play....don't know?