• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Detroit does not have to fork over too much cash. The only way it works is if Detroit ends up with enough future cash to resign Scherzer and Cabrera.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if today is the deadline. But most if not all the moves were made for rule 5 protection.

Any chance we could see some of the lesser/younger members being involved in a deal? Like the Prince for Kinsler one that I hear is basically a done deal. (Not sure how I feel. I'd like Beltre and or Hollard and or Profair to be involved I think)

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we could see some of the lesser/younger members being involved in a deal? Like the Prince for Kinsler one that I hear is basically a done deal. (Not sure how I feel. I'd like Beltre and or Hollard and or Profair to be involved I think)

I love this deal. No pun intended, but Fielder was dead weight and burned his bridge with his comments after the BoSox series. This will be addition by subtraction. We need a 3B now, though.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to hand it to DD, this deal solves a lot of problems. Kinsler is signed through 2017 with a club option in '18. I think he will avg $14-15MM/ year.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still want to hear how much cash Tigers have to send to Texas.

I would be shocked if it was a lot, if anything. The Rangers bid on Prince two years ago and this deal opens up 2B for Profar.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how i feel.....miggy will get walked a ton.....vmart will hit into a ton of DP's......maybe they bat kinsler cleanup? Not sure.....we will see how important prince was.....i myself loved his hustle.....but playing in texas? Hes gonna put up MVP numbers....mark my words......texas now has the best infield in baseball....hopefully a move for a LF or 3B is next......castellanos cant play both......i guess worth or kelly could be our 3B and make all the defensive junkies happy. Might be back to the days of getting no offense from our 3B...munson, inge, raturd oh my...

Funny how on cbs now, everyone is loving fielder and saying a huge move by texas......and detroit fans are happy and hate fielder......some fans.....

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how i feel.....miggy will get walked a ton.....vmart will hit into a ton of DP's......maybe they bat kinsler cleanup? Not sure.....we will see how important prince was.....i myself loved his hustle.....but playing in texas? Hes gonna put up MVP numbers....mark my words......texas now has the best infield in baseball....hopefully a move for a LF or 3B is next......castellanos cant play both......i guess worth or kelly could be our 3B and make all the defensive junkies happy. Might be back to the days of getting no offense from our 3B...munson, inge, raturd oh my...

Funny how on cbs now, everyone is loving fielder and saying a huge move by texas......and detroit fans are happy and hate fielder......some fans.....

Rumors out of SF is they have been talking to the Tigers about Sandoval. I hope not.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite period of Tiger baseball was down the stretch in '83 when the Tigers were trying to catch the Orioles. It seemed to me that the only games either team lost was to each other in September. I think they finished 5 games back or so but won over 90 games. If you remember that team, Morris and Petry were both pitching well and Senor Smoke was a worthy closer. Whitaker and Trammell were the spark plugs and Gibson, Parrish and Herndon did a lot of cleaning up. Defensively, Whitaker and and Tram were as sure-handed as they come and Lemon was an above average fielder. I was never a big fan of Parrish although he was an adequate Catcher. Just a little too one dimensional for me. Of course their failed stretch run motivated them and got them off to a hot start in '84. I think the best memories of those teams was the fire they played with.

I sure do miss Tiger Stadium.

Cmon man...petry had like a 4 ERA.....senior smoke had like 18 saves........gibson had a shitty year.....one of my least fav all time tigers was at 1B, enos cabell.......brookens was horrible had 3B.....like 22 errors......wasnt until getting willie and darrell and putting gibby in RF when the team took off.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are saying Detroit will send $30mil to Texas. The savings should be enough to keep Scherzer or help pay off Cabrera when his contract comes up.

I don't like the deal very much...but it had to be done. DD/Illitch badly over-spent for Fielder.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this deal. No pun intended, but Fielder was dead weight and burned his bridge with his comments after the BoSox series. This will be addition by subtraction. We need a 3B now, though.

He never made sense to add in the first place. Huge money, slow, first baseman, slow....But man.... I really like Prince. Just as a fan. And he obviously helped Miggy. The intentional walks dropped.... I think he saw more fastballs... Back to back doubles machines.... Protcted three straight MVPs...Ugh... Im torn. If there is more to the deal I could warm up to it easily I guess. But right now Im looking at losing Kelly and Prince, which would be tough for me.(Kelly would have to be signed with someone else or retired for me to give up hope on him tbh) Im lot even sure I currently know who my third favorite Tiger even is. (Miggy back to first would be good for everybody. Plus Texas makes a whole lot of sense for Fielder to get back to his normal homerun totals)

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are saying Detroit will send $30mil to Texas. The savings should be enough to keep Scherzer or help pay off Cabrera when his contract comes up.

I don't like the deal very much...but it had to be done. DD/Illitch badly over-spent for Fielder.

I heard 50 million, but i hope youre right.....i think they jumped the gun.....to sign him.....and to now trade him.......put it in the books.....miggy is walked a ton.....and vmart hits into sooooooo many DP's fans will be wishing fielder was still here. Not to mention, prince will kill us in the future.

I see all the texas fans are happy

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with Peralta on a short deal to play third. Probably a push on defense at worst. Lesser arm and a big drop off with Iggy basically replacing Prince in the lineup if it were to happen. Any chance of Nicky C getting a chance to win the job at third?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Kung Fu Panda ends up being just a rumor. I'd rather have Prince and scab at second personally.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never made sense to add in the first place. Huge money, slow, first baseman, slow....But man.... I really like Prince. Just as a fan. And he obviously helped Miggy. The intentional walks dropped.... I think he saw more fastballs... Back to back doubles machines.... Protcted three straight MVPs...Ugh... Im torn. If there is more to the deal I could warm up to it easily I guess. But right now Im looking at losing Kelly and Prince, which would be tough for me.(Kelly would have to be signed with someone else or retired for me to give up hope on him tbh) Im lot even sure I currently know who my third favorite Tiger even is. (Miggy back to first would be good for everybody. Plus Texas makes a whole lot of sense for Fielder to get back to his normal homerun totals)

Not to mention were not gonna resign infante.......so its like losing prince, infante, and peralta......for kinsler and iggy......if i trusted nicky c i might feel a lil better......but ive never been a fan of prospects....especially detroit hitters.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even I wouldn't be cool with DK starting everyday.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think kinsler bats leadoff?

Not sure Id prefer him leading off over Austin. He strikes out less and is a better baserunner(who isn't?) but he's not any better at getting on base. I'd imagine he'd hit 1st or 2nd though. Unless he hits third and Miggy bumps back to cleanup. (Or Ausmus goes all new wave on our ass and Cabrera hits 2nd!?!)