• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit game notes

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A few random thoughts on Detroit -

1) Stafford actually threw 4 INT's on Sunday but the 4th one which landed directly in the hands of the defender - was dropped - in the end zone

Stafford threw 3 picks.

He threw another one right in the hands of a defender who dropped it as well.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford threw 3 picks.

He threw another one right in the hands of a defender who dropped it as well.

Ahhh, yeh...exactly what I said - thanks for the paraphrase.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we expect to see Chris Culliver on Megatron again this weekend?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm REALLY not trying to pick on Stafford so much lately but this is something I found interesting from last year's game. I was hoping to see a little more disection on what happened with Calvin Johnson in that game, but...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/10/17/re-focused-49ers-lions-week-6/

Are we about ready to start dissecting Matthew Stafford (+1.4)? The Lions, it’s fair to say, are not winning because of him. In fact, there’s an argument to be made Shaun Hill was playing better football for them down the stretch. Stafford is turning into a tease. He will make you go wow with some sublime throws. With 11.16 left in the game, he threw a strike to split coverage and allow Calvin Johnson to rumble on for 41 yards. If that’s the good, you have to understand the bad. Aldon Smith may have dropped it, but with 1:34 left in the first half Stafford simply cannot make a throw that should have been intercepted. It wasn’t the only bad throw he made, as he consistently overthrew his receivers, and almost as worringly, never looked like leading the Lions back into the game on either of the Lions two final drives. Perhaps it had to do with being pressured on 35.7% of plays, or perhaps he just couldn’t handle the blitz (three completions with a -2.0 rating on the eight occasions San Fran sent five or more rushers). Either way it wasn’t impressive, and if the Lions are to fulfil their obvious potential he needs to step up. Long bombs to Calvin Johnson (of which there was only one in this game, which was overthrown), will only get you so far.

i was feeling the same way and im still a bit surprised teams that needed a QB didnt go after Hill

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not exclusively but I'm sure he'll get his chances at him.

He did a good job last year. If i remember correctly he was a big part of the reason we were the first team to keep Megatron out of the end zone last year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Davis' dunk gets an F ... but his TD deserves an A

I got a look at Joe Staley's helmet today. It needs a good scrubbing. There are blood stains on the padding along the brow and the chin strap is caked in dried blood. Staley was wearing a splint on the bridge of his nose today after an existing gash - it happened during training camp -- reopened on the first play of Sunday's game.

The good news, Staley said, is that his nose isn't broken. It's just that the wound - which is constantly getting worn by the bridge of his helmet - probably won't heal over until the bye week at the earliest.

---

Punter Andy Lee had his right thumb protected Tuesday, the result of his attempted tackle of return man Randall Cobb two days ago.