• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit can be a surprise team in the east

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I call Hibbert overrated. When he face someone that can bang with him he is nothing more than a role player.

Here are his stats from the 2 games with Detroit this year who actually have a big frontcourt.

Game 1 vs DET- 8 points and 10 rebounds

Game 2 vs DET- 6 points and 4 rebounds

It doesn't matter if he can't bang with Detroit if Miami makes him look like Wilt Abdul-Russell, unless somehow Detroit could take the Pacers out of the playoffs...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oden is available in the playoffs, Hibbert will look very similar as he does against Detroit in a series with Miami.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The assists Jennings averages and the amount he shoots tells me one thing. The Pistons just need a pass first pg to run there offense, they would be 10x better if Jennings just passed and didn't shoot. Dont know about Rondo why he passes he does hold the ball to long but he would be a good fit I guess.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo would actually be the perfect pg for this team and would also fit there demographic.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If im the Pistons im going all out for Rondo. But keeping Josh Smith, Andre Drummond, Greg Monroe, Kentavous Caldwell Pope. Stuckey is a key bench piece but they have to give something up. They dont have another forward that can come in and play for Monroe if they deal him. Its gotta be Jennings and draft picks for Rondo or Stuckey and draft picks for Rondo. Stuckey fits the team better if Rondo came to the Pistons because hes not a chucker like Jennings. A pass first PG that looks to pass and can control the offense will make this team a contender. The Pistons need Rondo.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for the Pistons you cant have Josh Smith running up the court and setting up the offense with the ball 29 shots is way to much when you have Drummond and Monroe on your team, you need a pass first pg like Rondo to control the offense and help limit Smiths shots so the ball goes to everyone. Kentavous Caldwell Pope is a good defender but 11 shots is way to many for him.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami with in 2 of the 1 seed with a great chance to make it 1 on wednesday and Detroit looks like a 3 - 5 seed is what we need to take away from tonight.

I thought the regualr season doesn't matter and champions don't need homecourt? hahaha

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what salary cap? You're going to have to give up something other than Danny Granger (they have Jeff Green). I'm sure they'll take Paul George off of your hands.

I said George Hill, as well. Other than that, I'm not sure. Around 15 mill comes off the books with Danny, I'd have to see about Hill. But that has been a rumor since last year regarding Rondo to Indy, and being that Bird and Ainge are close, it's a possibility. The Celtics are rebuilding.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The assists Jennings averages and the amount he shoots tells me one thing. The Pistons just need a pass first pg to run there offense, they would be 10x better if Jennings just passed and didn't shoot. Dont know about Rondo why he passes he does hold the ball to long but he would be a good fit I guess.
Jennings averages 7.8 assists game, good enough for 6th in the NBA. Its not like all he does is shoot.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oden is available in the playoffs, Hibbert will look very similar as he does against Detroit in a series with Miami.

I don't suppose the Pacers could have had a lackluster effort last night? Oh well, I did not see the game. Took the family out to dinner. Probably be able to view it on Fox Sports since I did not record it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the regualr season doesn't matter and champions don't need homecourt? hahaha

I never said any of that.

I said 1 game does not tell the story and I do not adjust my thoughts on who is a better team based on 1 win or loss.

I said that Miami's main goal is to be healthy in May, not win the #1 seed.

What should worry you is that Miami's goal is NOT to win the #1 seed, they are resting Wade on every back to back and it looks to me like the Heat will have the #1 seed.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said George Hill, as well. Other than that, I'm not sure. Around 15 mill comes off the books with Danny, I'd have to see about Hill. But that has been a rumor since last year regarding Rondo to Indy, and being that Bird and Ainge are close, it's a possibility. The Celtics are rebuilding.

$14m flat comes off the books with Granger and Rondo only makes $12m.

Indy could get away with that if Boston wanted '15 draft picks and the money off the books. Send Hill and Granger and it becomes pretty good for Boston imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hibbert is overrated offensively. In 2 games against Detroit he's played like trash. His defense is pretty consistent but he's only good on offense against power forwards playing center like bosh

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a coincidence that Hibbert didn't have impressive numbers against the teams with a big frontcourt? Check out his numbers this yr against Detroit, utah, san antonio, chicago, Minnesota, memphis, and okc. The only big teams he put up numbers against were Brooklyn and Portland. He struggled against new Orleans also

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back-to-backs are the devil. The season should start 10 days earlier, thus eliminating back-to-backs and would allow an extra night of rest for the All-Star break.

I keep hearing that some players would prefer shaving a month off of the regular season. Maybe they should just do that...

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a coincidence that Hibbert didn't have impressive numbers against the teams with a big frontcourt? Check out his numbers this yr against Detroit, utah, san antonio, chicago, Minnesota, memphis, and okc. The only big teams he put up numbers against were Brooklyn and Portland. He struggled against new Orleans also

As long as you have hope. :lol:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you have hope. :lol:

You forget the recap of Indy vs Miami.

Indy shoots better than their league average, an anomaly that won't be sustainable in a playoff series.

Miami shot as expected against the best D in the league except from 3p where they shot under 20% and they are normally shoot over 38% (5th in league wher nobody is shooting 40%). If they make just 2 of those to take them to 30% the game is a whole new ball park. Several of their 17 3p misses were wide open and Indy is not a great 3p defending team.

Both were coming off of 1 day rest and for Indy it was a homecoming and for Miami the last game of a 4 game in 6 nights road trip. Situationally far superior for the Pacers.

All that tells me that the Pacers should be worried, not the Heat.