• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeShaun Watson

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January the Browns stand behind Baker… and now they are courting Watson… go figure

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January the Browns stand behind Baker… and now they are courting Watson… go figure

I haven’t seen this sense of urgency out of a franchise in awhile. They really think they can go to a SB. They better hope this works. Another purgatory is not far off.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#Haslem

The guy is a fucking joke. I get Baker probably isn’t the guy long-term but give him one more year, instead they chase after a sexual predator that will not come to the franchise anyway

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Haslem

The guy is a fucking joke. I get Baker probably isn’t the guy long-term but give him one more year, instead they chase after a sexual predator that will not come to the franchise anyway
Credit to Baker for being a class act through this BS. Saw his post yesterday thanking the city of Cleveland. Like Aaron Rodgers did earlier this offseason, he wasn't saying good-bye or anything, just showing appreciation.

Baker is a decent enough QB to win a championship with but he isn't the gamechanger that teams are reaching for. The Browns' shortcomings last season weren't just Baker so its shameful to see them treat him this way.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker is a decent enough QB to win a championship with but he isn't the gamechanger that teams are reaching for. The Browns' shortcomings last season weren't just Baker so its shameful to see them treat him this way.

I don't care for Mayfield but the Browns are fools

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Haslem

He spent years as a minority owner of the Steelers, but must have never paid any attention to how they do things there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to Baker for being a class act through this BS. Saw his post yesterday thanking the city of Cleveland. Like Aaron Rodgers did earlier this offseason, he wasn't saying good-bye or anything, just showing appreciation.

The thing is the FO is getting pressure from Haslem and he is pushing the Watson trade, nothing they can do at this point. Baker isn't innocent in all this though and apparently there is a beef between him and Stefanski...a lot more than people realize going on behind the scenes imo

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is the FO is getting pressure from Haslem and he is pushing the Watson trade, nothing they can do at this point. Baker isn't innocent in all this though and apparently there is a beef between him and Stefanski...a lot more than people realize going on behind the scenes imo
I think the Browns found themselves in a bad spot. Mayfield looks like a QB some where between Kirk Cousin and Jimmy G in talent and has to be either resigned at the current market price or they have to find a alternative. Resigning Mayfield would put them in the position similar to the 49ers have been, having a good roster but having to get by with a limited QB, only at a much more expensive salary then the 49ers are paying Jimmy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker isn't innocent in all this though and apparently there is a beef between him and Stefanski...a lot more than people realize going on behind the scenes imo
LOL. football fans down here know Mayfield, he hasn't been innocent since the 7th grade, but the Northeast Ohio fans I know deserve so much better.
Watson?
Really?

The Browns haven't been able to get out of their own way since the late 60's

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That message had already been sent to Mayfield when the team picked up his 5th year option but made him play through his rookie contract 4th year rather than renegotiate a new deal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslem looks like a fool now… Pissing off his QB in the process.

I was seeing rumors that Denzel Ward might have been part of the trade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just glad it is over so they can move on in FA. It's hard rooting for a guy like that as your franchise QB anyway

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winston would be available, especially if Watson ends up a Saint (boy, some irony there lol). How about another chance for Josh Rosen? Trade with the Commies for Heinicke? Bring in Fitz and draft a QB?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston would be available, especially if Watson ends up a Saint (boy, some irony there lol). How about another chance for Josh Rosen? Trade with the Commies for Heinicke? Bring in Fitz and draft a QB?
Winston I would be fine with.

Rosen LOL you're funny.
Heinicke is interesting but if they move off from Baker is that any kind of upgrade, not really.
Still thinking they trade for JimmyG who is an upgrade but not a huge fan.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston I would be fine with.

Rosen LOL you're funny.
Heinicke is interesting but if they move off from Baker is that any kind of upgrade, not really.
Still thinking they trade for JimmyG who is an upgrade but not a huge fan.

I'm assuming the bridge is burned with Baker. The cost for Heinicke shouldn't be expensive in trade and he has one year left at less than $3M (less than half of Keenum's cap hit). I doubt they are that conservative though. Jimmy G is probably the target, if not Winston.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big winner in this little fiasco will be the 49ers. Browns might have just put themselves into a situation where they are going to be forced to pay a higher price for Jimmy G because SF knows they are desperate after this than they will get back for Mayfield where it really should be reversed.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming the bridge is burned with Baker. The cost for Heinicke shouldn't be expensive in trade and he has one year left at less than $3M (less than half of Keenum's cap hit). I doubt they are that conservative though. Jimmy G is probably the target, if not Winston.

I wonder what Heinicke's and Stefanski's relationship is.

Stefanski was the QB coach in MN when the Vikes cut Heinicke who was their 3rd QB in favor of keeping Keenum on the roster.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he can win a championship, but like Stafford - he has a penchant for some really bad stretches. If he can avoid those in the playoffs (assuming they get there) - I could see him getting hot enough to win.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noodle-arm Heinicke at the windiest venue in football?
Keenum shouldn't be there either.