• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeShaun Watson

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be a Philadelphia Eagle

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no matter who ends up trading for him, one thing Houston is not going to receive in return, and that's a boatload of high draft picks or top players, like back when Watson trade talks were first being discussed in the media. That ship has long sailed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no matter who ends up trading for him, one thing Houston is not going to receive in return, and that's a boatload of high draft picks or top players, like back when Watson trade talks were first being discussed in the media. That ship has long sailed.
The guy I know that gave this to me said that at one time the price was four number 1s. That price is down to 2 and the Eagles have 3 2022 first round picks. As soon as Watson reaches a settlement and the NFL imposes their suspension, the Eagles and Texans will come to terms. Jalen Hurts will hold down the fort in 2021 while Watson sits due to his suspension.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles better have a QB to offer. Texans don't have one and ain't trading Watson without getting someone to start. Eagles might very well need a third team to come into the deal.

Eagles and Patriots will be having shared practices. Might be a good time to see if the birds could get the Pats and their ex-personnel guy together on a Stidham deal that would make cutting Watson a lot easier.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hope not. Would be a really stupid move by the Eagles. Character issues aside, they would be sacrificing draft capital and cap space to take a QB who was losing on a bad team to another bad team where he would also lose. The Eagles have no young talent whatsoever worth building around on defense. Once Cox and Graham hit their eventual steep decline in the next 1-2 years the defense is going to go to complete shit.

Best case scenario would be for Hurts to step up play well enough that the job is his going forward after this season. If that doesn't happen then they should take their 3 first round picks in next years draft and maneuver up to draft one of the top QBs and at least then they will have some cap flexibility to try to improve the defense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts blows and isn’t a starting NFL QB. Any plan that entails Jalen Hurts playing a major role is a shitty plan.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hope not. Would be a really stupid move by the Eagles. Character issues aside, they would be sacrificing draft capital and cap space to take a QB who was losing on a bad team to another bad team where he would also lose. The Eagles have no young talent whatsoever worth building around on defense. Once Cox and Graham hit their eventual steep decline in the next 1-2 years the defense is going to go to complete shit.

Best case scenario would be for Hurts to step up play well enough that the job is his going forward after this season. If that doesn't happen then they should take their 3 first round picks in next years draft and maneuver up to draft one of the top QBs and at least then they will have some cap flexibility to try to improve the defense.
what u dont want a guy that cant play this year?

ESPN's Adam Schefter believes there is no team "better positioned" to trade for Deshaun Watson than Philadelphia.​

Schefter adds that he is unsure when the Texans might finally be ready to deal Watson, and that they will surely wait for his value to regenerate following this offseason's sexual assault allegations. It is not a given that will happen, of course. ESPN's Sarah Barshop reported in May that there had been "settlement talks." It is still possible, if not probable, that teams won't exactly be clamoring to acquire a player with that on his résumé. We still have little idea if Watson is actually going to play for the Texans this year. He had thrown down the gauntlet before his legal issues arose.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Do Philly masseuses have the necessary “skill set” to keep Mr. Watson satisfied?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Philly masseuses have the necessary “skill set” to keep Mr. Watson satisfied?
Philly has the “right” kind of masseuses and then the professional masseuses. You have to be careful seeking happy endings from people who are actually masseuses.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts blows and isn’t a starting NFL QB. Any plan that entails Jalen Hurts playing a major role is a shitty plan.

I'm excited to see what he can do in year 2. He flashed as a rookie. Team isn't contending and needs to seriously overhaul its defense so if they struggle with Hurts going through growing pains that's fine. I think he can establish himself as the guy going forward this season.

But if he doesn't and he sucks then the team will also suck and they will be in great position with their likely record if Hurts sucks as well as their 2 other first round draft picks to move up in the draft for a top QB prospect. That would be a far more prudent move than to waste resources on Watson who will also dominate the limited cap space the Eagles have going forward. Not to mention Watson already showed this last season that he can out up numbers but can't elevate a bad team to win. It would be no different in Philadelphia where he would be coming to a team that is bad and will continue to be bad after they waste cap space and draft capital in order to obtain Watson.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL was purely a business with no emotional fans and no annual target i'd say the Eagles did really well in the offseason. They shipped out an expensive QB who might be past his best and they made inroads into their cap situation. It might take 2 seasons before they're fully ready to re-enter into a cycle of rebuilding, reloading, and competing for a 10-15 year period.

...but it's not just a cold, hard business and sitting still for 2 years won't fly in Philadelphia. Moving for Watson makes all the now-not-later sense in the World. Good luck with timing and valuations.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see what he can do in year 2. He flashed as a rookie. Team isn't contending and needs to seriously overhaul its defense so if they struggle with Hurts going through growing pains that's fine. I think he can establish himself as the guy going forward this season.

But if he doesn't and he sucks then the team will also suck and they will be in great position with their likely record if Hurts sucks as well as their 2 other first round draft picks to move up in the draft for a top QB prospect. That would be a far more prudent move than to waste resources on Watson who will also dominate the limited cap space the Eagles have going forward. Not to mention Watson already showed this last season that he can out up numbers but can't elevate a bad team to win. It would be no different in Philadelphia where he would be coming to a team that is bad and will continue to be bad after they waste cap space and draft capital in order to obtain Watson.
What you cite is worst case scenario. Look at Hurts first half numbers vs second half numbers last year. DCs needed 3-4 series to figure him out. The reason I say your scenario is worst case is because they will give Hurts more time. He’ll never be better than almost good enough even if he maximizes his abilities. The franchise is going to trick itself into thinking he will be good enough but he needs more time. Best case scenario is he is Jeff Blake or Rodney Peete. Good enough to be an NFL starter. Not good enough to win anything. I’m not saying Watson is the best move vs a prospect in the 2022 draft. I thought 2021 was a better year to draft a QB and in my opinion Justin Fields at 10 represents a better prospect than any of the 2022 QBs. The move you’re talking about should have come in this last draft. Smith is a fine player and could be an All Pro but what does it matter if the franchise doesn’t have a QB. Howie is fucking up. But I’m telling you, Watson is going to be an Eagle.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, good for the Eagles, but that’s not exactly the stacked roster some were probably hoping for Watson when this bit of news started.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you cite is worst case scenario. Look at Hurts first half numbers vs second half numbers last year. DCs needed 3-4 series to figure him out. The reason I say your scenario is worst case is because they will give Hurts more time. He’ll never be better than almost good enough even if he maximizes his abilities. The franchise is going to trick itself into thinking he will be good enough but he needs more time. Best case scenario is he is Jeff Blake or Rodney Peete. Good enough to be an NFL starter. Not good enough to win anything. I’m not saying Watson is the best move vs a prospect in the 2022 draft. I thought 2021 was a better year to draft a QB and in my opinion Justin Fields at 10 represents a better prospect than any of the 2022 QBs. The move you’re talking about should have come in this last draft. Smith is a fine player and could be an All Pro but what does it matter if the franchise doesn’t have a QB. Howie is fucking up. But I’m telling you, Watson is going to be an Eagle.

I think I know who you are.

The first half vs second half numbers is so irrelevant. He was a rookie in a bad situation in a ultra short sample size of only 4 starts, one of which he didn't get to play the 4th quarter because Doug decided to throw the game for draft position. That's something you improve on with experience and coaching/development. It's such an irrelevant thing to hang your hat on that there will be no correlation between his first half/second half performance as a rookie compared to his second season in the NFL.

Watson might end up being an Eagles but that doesn't make it a smart move. It makes it another bad move by Howie Roseman.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I know who you are.

The first half vs second half numbers is so irrelevant. He was a rookie in a bad situation in a ultra short sample size of only 4 starts, one of which he didn't get to play the 4th quarter because Doug decided to throw the game for draft position. That's something you improve on with experience and coaching/development. It's such an irrelevant thing to hang your hat on that there will be no correlation between his first half/second half performance as a rookie compared to his second season in the NFL.

Watson might end up being an Eagles but that doesn't make it a smart move. It makes it another bad move by Howie Roseman.
And this is why the Eagles will be lost in the wilderness for another 5 years if they do the Hurts thing. You guys will always be there with excuses. He’s a one read and run QB with questionable accuracy and arm talent. We’ve seen that play out in Baltimore with a guy with real talent and it’s been unsuccessful in playoff football.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is a semi fair assessment. I think hurts has more upside than folks believe. Lincoln riley did some more qb whispering there. But he is flawed. They will need to make a system for him, kinda like bmore has done with lamar. Its doable, but are they gonna wanna go all in? If they dont, it may be a mixed bag at best.

disagree on the watson stuff as far as elevating a team. That roster is and was pathetic. Watson has a ton of question marks. But hes a great qb. Hes already a top qb, and young. Yes he eats up salary, but thats the way it is. Id absolutely want him, and build around him.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why the Eagles will be lost in the wilderness for another 5 years if they do the Hurts thing. You guys will always be there with excuses. He’s a one read and run QB with questionable accuracy and arm talent. We’ve seen that play out in Baltimore with a guy with real talent and it’s been unsuccessful in playoff football.

downundermike, you don't think they will be lost in wilderness for 5 years with Watson eating up the cap and their large cache of draft capital that they have heading into next draft? This defense right now best case scenario can be average if Gannon turns out to be good at DC and that is because complete lack of talent on the defense. Any defender that they have that is above average is 30 or older. They have no young cornerstone defenders to build around. The cupboard is bare. So they go all in on Watson and maybe Graham, Cox, Slay & McLeod hold up one more year into 2022. What's the best case scenario then? A wild card exit before the defense crumbles into absolute shit going forward because they haven't properly addressed it in the draft and now with Watson's mega contract they can't address it in free agency either?

Whether Hurts proves to be the answer or not, Watson is not the proper way forward.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a semi fair assessment. I think hurts has more upside than folks believe. Lincoln riley did some more qb whispering there. But he is flawed. They will need to make a system for him, kinda like bmore has done with lamar. Its doable, but are they gonna wanna go all in? If they dont, it may be a mixed bag at best.

disagree on the watson stuff as far as elevating a team. That roster is and was pathetic. Watson has a ton of question marks. But hes a great qb. Hes already a top qb, and young. Yes he eats up salary, but thats the way it is. Id absolutely want him, and build around him.

Texans went 4-12 because they had a terrible defense. If the Eagles waste their draft cache and cap on Watson they are on a one way road to also having one of the worst defenses in the league within the next 1-2 years. There is an alarming lack of young talent on the Eagles defense. The best young talent is Derek Barnett and Josh Sweat. Neither of whom is great and likely will never be great. They will likely have to choose only one to keep and they will have to overpay that selection to do so.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans went 4-12 because they had a terrible defense. If the Eagles waste their draft cache and cap on Watson they are on a one way road to also having one of the worst defenses in the league within the next 1-2 seasons.
I agree. But you almost definitively need a qb in this league. I think even if it sets. your rebuild back a year or so. The chance to get a top , young, proven, qb is too tantalizing. Id let them offense grow for 1-2 years. And piece meal the d, focus on scouting, player development. Its easier to find pieces to a d than a qb.

i dont disagree with your statements. Im curious if watson wasnt in the legal limbo would you fee the same way? It definitely is a massive wrench in things.

Also most of your offensive pieces are younger right now. Could really grow them all together for years and years.