• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeShaun Watson

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But you almost definitively need a qb in this league. I think even if it sets. your rebuild back a year or so. The chance to get a top , young, proven, qb is too tantalizing. Id let them offense grow for 1-2 years. And piece meal the d, focus on scouting, player development. Its easier to find pieces to a d than a qb.

i dont disagree with your statements. Im curious if watson wasnt in the legal limbo would you fee the same way? It definitely is a massive wrench in things.

Also most of your offensive pieces are younger right now. Could really grow them all together for years and years.

If Hurts isn't the guy then this team is not going to be good this year. They will have a top 5 or 10 pick in the draft if he is not good. Then they have the Miami pick and the likely Colts pick as well. They will have the ability to move up for a top young QB in the draft if they find themselves in a position needing to do so. I would much rather prefer going that route to get a QB and giving yourself time to rebuild the rest of your team around that QB while he grows and develops with what is a young core on offense in place.

Instead of taking Watson as he enters his prime and wasting that along with your cap space on a team that will not be competing. Character issues aside with Watson I don't like how he has already torn his ACL in both of his knees. I think it's a very real risk that there is going to be a 3rd major knee injury at some point in his career. Being a believer of karma, with his forcing massage girls to give him a rub and tug I think that 3rd major knee injury is almost a certainty.

I'd rather Hurts be the guy first and foremost and I want to see what he does this season before the Eagles make any move regarding Watson or any other QB. After that I would prefer to go a QB in the draft unless this turns out to be the college season from hell where all the top QB prospects look like complete garbage and we are looking at a QB draft class that rivals 2007 and 2013.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hurts isn't the guy then this team is not going to be good this year. They will have a top 5 or 10 pick in the draft if he is not good. Then they have the Miami pick and the likely Colts pick as well. They will have the ability to move up for a top young QB in the draft if they find themselves in a position needing to do so. I would much rather prefer going that route to get a QB and giving yourself time to rebuild the rest of your team around that QB while he grows and develops with what is a young core on offense in place.

Instead of taking Watson as he enters his prime and wasting that along with your cap space on a team that will not be competing. Character issues aside with Watson I don't like how he has already torn his ACL in both of his knees. I think it's a very real risk that there is going to be a 3rd major knee injury at some point in his career. Being a believer of karma, with his forcing massage girls to give him a rub and tug I think that 3rd major knee injury is almost a certainty.

I'd rather Hurts be the guy first and foremost and I want to see what he does this season before the Eagles make any move regarding Watson or any other QB. After that I would prefer to go a QB in the draft unless this turns out to be the college season from hell where all the top QB prospects look like complete garbage and we are looking at a QB draft class that rivals 2007 and 2013.
I definitely see your point. I also get the top Draft pick thing. I guess for me its grabbing proven talent. Even with a top 10 pick, thats no guarantee that guy works out. But i fully get the idea and basis.

karma definitely is a ….

yeah i get your thought process. Its slightly different than mine, but i fully get it.

im also very intrigued by hurts. He is limited as a passer and gis vision. But I dont believe its anywhere near as bad as people make it Out to be. He made massive strides at okie. His rushing is exceptional. Again, i think it comes down to how they develop the offense from here forward. Baltimore went all in, new schemes, system specific player fits, everything. It took some brass to do what bmore did, because if it backfired they were sunk for a long long long time even beyond finding another qb.

One of the more intriguing story lines of the year for me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why the Eagles will be lost in the wilderness for another 5 years if they do the Hurts thing. You guys will always be there with excuses. He’s a one read and run QB with questionable accuracy and arm talent. We’ve seen that play out in Baltimore with a guy with real talent and it’s been unsuccessful in playoff football.

I would also add that the guy in Baltimore actually can read defenses a bit, just obviously not close to the level of the good pocket passers.

Hurts won’t even get to LJ’s level in terms of reads. And he is less talented physically too.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles better have a QB to offer. Texans don't have one and ain't trading Watson without getting someone to start.
I’d rather not get the QB in return and land the #1 pick in 2022.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the Eagles even have the cap space to make an extension work right now?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the Eagles even have the cap space to make an extension work right now?

No need for an extension, he just signed an extension. It would eat up the Eagles cap though which is already not in good place going forward.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Watson's on the market? We both need a happy ending!"

tenor.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I would not touch Watson with a 10-foot pole at this time, even if he settles his case, which I think he will.

Philly is rebuilding, and they should see what they have in Hurts this season. If he sucks, well, little invested, he is a second round pick and can be a solid backup.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for an extension, he just signed an extension. It would eat up the Eagles cap though which is already not in good place going forward.
Yea for some reason I thought he was holding out for a contract, not sure why I thought that. Anyways yea even if the Eagles could put together a competitive offer, they probably wouldn’t be able to fit it under the cap

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea for some reason I thought he was holding out for a contract, not sure why I thought that. Anyways yea even if the Eagles could put together a competitive offer, they probably wouldn’t be able to fit it under the cap

They could fit him but at the cost of very limited cap space going forward. They would just restructure a lot of existing deals again to create dead cap space down the road.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could fit him but at the cost of very limited cap space going forward. They would just restructure a lot of existing deals again to create dead cap space down the road.
Yea doesn’t seem worth it, gonna have to pretty much gut the team, ravage the draft picks and be in cap hell.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hurts isn't that helpless as a passer as he is made out to be. He throws a really nice ball. Can throw the ball down the field better than I was expecting. Isn't afraid to throw in anticipation before a WR makes his cut. Isn't afraid to step up and make a throw knowing he is about to get hit. If Sirianni can put together a decent offense with a good gameplan and is as good of at teacher as he is touted to be then I do expect Jalen Hurts to have some success this season.

My biggest concern with him is his ability to stay healthy with how much he will run with the ball. You inevitably open yourself up to more hits if that is the style of play that you want to go with.

Video breaking down every pass he made last season with the coaches film. Showing the coverage, the routes the WRs ran. All that.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be a Philadelphia Eagle
is that even "realistically" possible this year?
Cap is lower & I think you guys have a huge hit cap wise of dead money on Wentz. Adding Watsons huge contract on top of that would be a ton of money in one single spot. Not even getting into what you would trade for.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely see your point. I also get the top Draft pick thing. I guess for me its grabbing proven talent. Even with a top 10 pick, thats no guarantee that guy works out. But i fully get the idea and basis.

karma definitely is a ….

yeah i get your thought process. Its slightly different than mine, but i fully get it.

im also very intrigued by hurts. He is limited as a passer and gis vision. But I dont believe its anywhere near as bad as people make it Out to be. He made massive strides at okie. His rushing is exceptional. Again, i think it comes down to how they develop the offense from here forward. Baltimore went all in, new schemes, system specific player fits, everything. It took some brass to do what bmore did, because if it backfired they were sunk for a long long long time even beyond finding another qb.

One of the more intriguing story lines of the year for me.

As a Washington fan I am hoping that both Hurts and Jones in NY play just well enough to fool the team into sticking with them, then they turn out to be not quite good enough. I really think this can happen.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes... That's a scary price to pay for someone that might not even see the field in 2022 pending his 23+ active legal cases.

Cap Hits:
2021: $15.9m
2022: $40.4m
2023: $42.4m
POTENTIAL OUT: 2024 (dead cap of $5.4m)
2024: $37.4m
2025: $32m

Granted if he gets himself clear of the legal stuff, you're trading for a potential top 3 QB with 5 years remaining under contract at an average of $39m per season. High price to pay but he could easily turn around a franchise that needs a QB.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans can want 5 draft picks all they like but he’s damaged goods because of his legal trouble.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans can want 5 draft picks all they like but he’s damaged goods because of his legal trouble.
Yeah the Texans don't have much leverage in a trade negotiation. Watson has legal issues and his contract is huge with a 40 million cap hit next year. Texans started high, but they'll be coming way down on their asking price. The question is can they even get a offer at this point?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Texans don't have much leverage in a trade negotiation. Watson has legal issues and his contract is huge with a 40 million cap hit next year. Texans started high, but they'll be coming way down on their asking price. The question is can they even get a offer at this point?
It will Come down. But qbs are gold. The teams u would think dont care about a pr hit may not have a need.

these three come to mind. With the skins in play.
cowboys
Houston
Redskins

teams that could absorb a pr hit easier than other teams imho

steelers
Saints
Pats
Seattle
Kc

cross out the seahawks, chiefs, pats

Steelers and saints in play. Zero
Chance the rooneys go there imho. Payton could be a wild card.

Other than that who could take that pr nightmare?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s going to be a Philadelphia Eagle. They’ll send 2 2022 1sts and a 3rd and 4th (or something like that) in future drafts. They’ll acquire him this summer before Watson has to complete his league imposed suspension and that will justify the reduced haul. Jalen Hurts will play out the 2021 season and then go back to where he belongs…wearing a ball cap on the sidelines with a clipboard in hand to chart plays.