• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeShaun Watson

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s going to be a Philadelphia Eagle. They’ll send 2 2022 1sts and a 3rd and 4th (or something like that) in future drafts. They’ll acquire him this summer before Watson has to complete his league imposed suspension and that will justify the reduced haul. Jalen Hurts will play out the 2021 season and then go back to where he belongs…wearing a ball cap on the sidelines with a clipboard in hand to chart plays.
Going to take a bunch of cap maneuvers to fit in him cap wise. Watson has a 40 million cap hit next year and Eagles have less then 13 million in cap space next year. Even this season that is going to take some doing as Watson cap hit is 15 million and the Eagles have 3 million in cap space.
I guess if the will is there they could find a way, but not sure it's wise, because lack of draft capitol along with a tight cap isn't a great situation to be in. Be different if they had a Superbowl contender roster, but I don't think they do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes... That's a scary price to pay for someone that might not even see the field in 2022 pending his 23+ active legal cases.

Cap Hits:
2021: $15.9m
2022: $40.4m
2023: $42.4m
POTENTIAL OUT: 2024 (dead cap of $5.4m)
2024: $37.4m
2025: $32m

Granted if he gets himself clear of the legal stuff, you're trading for a potential top 3 QB with 5 years remaining under contract at an average of $39m per season. High price to pay but he could easily turn around a franchise that needs a QB.
Yeah, I don't see that happening with the legal trouble. No legal trouble still a tough get but obviously way more likely. GL either in jail or playing in Houston, DeShaun lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to take a bunch of cap maneuvers to fit in him cap wise. Watson has a 40 million cap hit next year and Eagles have less then 13 million in cap space next year. Even this season that is going to take some doing as Watson cap hit is 15 million and the Eagles have 3 million in cap space.
I guess if the will is there they could find a way, but not sure it's wise, because lack of draft capitol along with a tight cap isn't a great situation to be in. Be different if they had a Superbowl contender roster, but I don't think they do.
Solid points. At the same time, they have a roster where they can shed guys for the 2021 roster to get under the cap. 2022 will take more creative restructuring but kicking the can down the road with the cap hits seems to be one of the few things Howie Roseman is accomplished at

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will Come down. But qbs are gold. The teams u would think dont care about a pr hit may not have a need.

these three come to mind. With the skins in play.
cowboys
Houston
Redskins

teams that could absorb a pr hit easier than other teams imho

steelers
Saints
Pats
Seattle
Kc

cross out the seahawks, chiefs, pats

Steelers and saints in play. Zero
Chance the rooneys go there imho. Payton could be a wild card.

Other than that who could take that pr nightmare?
I'll stick with Dak and the haul of draft picks.

Take Dallas off of the list.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit stop it! Lol. I merely was saying that if capable the cowboys would he a team that would say screw the bad pr.
OK, OK, Sorry, I just don't want to Jerry to have any more opportunities to screw up this team.

I'll add that Jerry is one doesn't like admitting mistakes, so it would take an epic drop from Dak for Jerry to move on with his contract in hand.

Now if Dak wasn't signed I'd agree Dallas would be in play.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, OK, Sorry, I just don't want to Jerry to have any more opportunities to screw up this team.

I'll add that Jerry is one doesn't like admitting mistakes, so it would take an epic drop from Dak for Jerry to move on with his contract in hand.

Now if Dak wasn't signed I'd agree Dallas would be in play.
Think they would be too if dak wasnt there.

ill be honest. Let watsons case play oit. But from a football perspective, Steelers need a qb…and watson is a top 7 qb at worst.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they would be too if dak wasnt there.

ill be honest. Let watsons case play oit. But from a football perspective, Steelers need a qb…and watson is a top 7 qb at worst.
If I'm a GM in need of a QB, I'm definitely interested, but not at the premium price. I get on the phone, offer a fair to me offer, but I'm not getting into a bidding war.

A couple of firsts and some draft fodder. Maybe include 1st round swaps in years 24 and 25, Texans witb a decline option.

Or if Watson does see jail time his new team can decline the swaps.

Too many ifs right now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a GM in need of a QB, I'm definitely interested, but not at the premium price. I get on the phone, offer a fair to me offer, but I'm not getting into a bidding war.

A couple of firsts and some draft fodder. Maybe include 1st round swaps in years 24 and 25, Texans witb a decline option.

Or if Watson does see jail time his new team can decline the swaps.

Too many ifs right now.
Right. I agree. But the folks saying 3 1sts r crazy and no no no r on crack. Those same folks were saYing that prior to the allegations.Hell yeah sign me up. Hes so young.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I agree. But the folks saying 3 1sts r crazy and no no no r on crack. Those same folks were saYing that prior to the allegations.Hell yeah sign me up. Hes so young.
It will take 3 firsts to land him. Once his legal issues are over with, there will be a bidding war for his services. Philly should be smart and pass on this.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will Come down. But qbs are gold. The teams u would think dont care about a pr hit may not have a need.

these three come to mind. With the skins in play.
cowboys
Houston
Redskins

teams that could absorb a pr hit easier than other teams imho

steelers
Saints
Pats
Seattle
Kc

cross out the seahawks, chiefs, pats

Steelers and saints in play. Zero
Chance the rooneys go there imho. Payton could be a wild card.

Other than that who could take that pr nightmare?
Dolphins. I hear that massages are really popular in South Florida. Might even pay a little extra for the publicity! @FlyerFinFan ?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the sounds of it his legal issues won't be for awhile.

The NFL announced that it will not place any restrictions on Deshaun Watson's ability to participate in team activities "at this time."​

The statement also noted that the league's review of the 22 instances of alleged sexual assault is still "ongoing and active." Watson will not be deposed into the lawsuit against him until February so it could be some time before any legal resolution is found. However, the NFL does not need that to happen for Watson to be put on the Commissioner's Exempt List, which would prevent him from playing until removed. On top of the allegations against him, Watson is still in the midst of a standoff with his own organization. Teams have reportedly become interested in trading for him once again but he remains in a strange limbo in Houston for now.

Deshaun Watson was present at the start of Texans training camp.​

The NFL, which is investigating the nearly two dozen sexual misconduct allegations lodged against Watson, said the quarterback could participate in team activities during training camp. The legal proceedings in the cases against Watson are expected to last throughout the 2021 NFL season unless Watson settles with the alleged victims out of court -- a move his attorney has dismissed. Houston general manager Nick Caserio said Wednesday that Watson -- who has demanded a trade from the Texans -- has not been a distraction for the team. Meanwhile, the Eagles, Dolphins, and Broncos have been linked to Watson trade talks. Any trade scenario seems unlikely with so much uncertainty in Watson's 2021 status. Journeyman QB Tyrod Taylor is on track to start the season for Houston.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL announced that it will not place any restrictions on Deshaun Watson's ability to participate in team activities "at this time."​

The statement also noted that the league's review of the 22 instances of alleged sexual assault is still "ongoing and active." Watson will not be deposed into the lawsuit against him until February so it could be some time before any legal resolution is found. However, the NFL does not need that to happen for Watson to be put on the Commissioner's Exempt List, which would prevent him from playing until removed. On top of the allegations against him, Watson is still in the midst of a standoff with his own organization. Teams have reportedly become interested in trading for him once again but he remains in a strange limbo in Houston for now.

Deshaun Watson was present at the start of Texans training camp.​

The NFL, which is investigating the nearly two dozen sexual misconduct allegations lodged against Watson, said the quarterback could participate in team activities during training camp. The legal proceedings in the cases against Watson are expected to last throughout the 2021 NFL season unless Watson settles with the alleged victims out of court -- a move his attorney has dismissed. Houston general manager Nick Caserio said Wednesday that Watson -- who has demanded a trade from the Texans -- has not been a distraction for the team. Meanwhile, the Eagles, Dolphins, and Broncos have been linked to Watson trade talks. Any trade scenario seems unlikely with so much uncertainty in Watson's 2021 status. Journeyman QB Tyrod Taylor is on track to start the season for Houston.
If, YES BIG IF, Watson walks clean of this via the NFL, I and every other Cowboys fan will be livid. Well al least every other Cowboys fan should be livid.

I'm not saying Zeke did nothing, but the public evidence is much stronger against Watson than it was against Elliott.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins. I hear that massages are really popular in South Florida. Might even pay a little extra for the publicity! @FlyerFinFan ?
Naw don't want the guy we'll sink or swim with Tua or draft another next year or two.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also important to consider: Even if Watson is fully exonerated, don’t suitors have all the leverage, since they know there’s no future in which the QB dons a Texans jersey?

Taking all these factors into account, here’s a potential Watson-to-Panthers trade scenario:

• Texans get: QB Sam Darnold, WR Robby Anderson, two 1st-round picks
  • Panthers get: Deshaun Watson