• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson NFL Investigation.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly best they can do till hes arrested is pay him 10 mil to sit

luckily this is the one year in the contract they had him signed for cheap.

I am curious though. If they called his bluff & tried to put him on the field. If he refused if they could then refuse to pay him?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
luckily this is the one year in the contract they had him signed for cheap.

I am curious though. If they called his bluff & tried to put him on the field. If he refused if they could then refuse to pay him?
That would have been their bluff, not his - and a disaster for them if he called it. Wouldn't hurt him at all to actually play.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would have been their bluff, not his - and a disaster for them if he called it. Wouldn't hurt him at all to actually play.
Unless he got injured badly and injuries happen a lot in the NFL. Course it's bad for the Texan also I guess if he gets broken, for trade purposes. Not sure how much lower Watson trade value can go though and maybe having him play could help his trade value?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the years Goodell has been ruling the NFL like a fool, he has never managed to come up with a consistent and reasonable policy for bad behavior. Investigations take forever, and players and teams are left hanging with no promise of a resolution.

Suppose this were a good team with hopes of a deep playoff run. They would need to either play Watson and know that, barring injury, he would be available. Or, they should be able to trade him, but the league's lack of decisive management leaves both Watson and the Texans in a kind of no-man's-land.

I don't condone Watson's behavior, but he has not been charged with a crime, only attacked by a less-than-reputable lawyer.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he says he will never play another game in a Texan uniform again. Thats not their bluff.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he went in and sucked really bad?
he could do that. (not that would be any different from their other QBs LOL) but it is a lot different trying to fuck over the front office than fucking over the 53+ men that go onto the field with you. He literally shares a locker room with these guys. Although I would love to be a fly on that locker room wall if he did that.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he says he will never play another game in a Texan uniform again. Thats not their bluff.
Yeah, but the cost to him if he does is low. It’s not like other teams won’t hire him because he played after saying he wouldn’t.

The Texans, on the other hand, would get crucified for putting him on the field.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the cost to him if he does is low. It’s not like other teams won’t hire him because he played after saying he wouldn’t.

The Texans, on the other hand, would get crucified for putting him on the field.
why?
He is under contract. Just like other players that hold out for a new contract. They get fined & lose their pay. Why let a guy just collect 10 mil to sit at home because he is a whiny bitch.

Now I do believe they wont play him, but I was just asking what if they called his bluff? Would he be willing to lose 10 mil & pay a ton of fines to keep his word that he wont play for them?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?
He is under contract. Just like other players that hold out for a new contract. They get fined & lose their pay. Why let a guy just collect 10 mil to sit at home because he is a whiny bitch.

Now I do believe they wont play him, but I was just asking what if they called his bluff? Would he be willing to lose 10 mil & pay a ton of fines to keep his word that he wont play for them?
actually it would be more than 10 mil. because if he refused to play they could go after his signing bonus as well.
They are doing him a favor by not playing him.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?

He would totally play. That would be relatively good for him. Normalizing, even. And he's not playing for anybody else this season.

And if the Texans thought he'd play they'd never suit him up. The last thing they need is to be the prime target of the MeToo movement on top of everything else.

He's not the least bit like other players that hold out for a new contract.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually it would be more than 10 mil. because if he refused to play they could go after his signing bonus as well.
They are doing him a favor by not playing him.
It's the Houston Texans.

When Jack Easterby is your Executive Vice President of Football Operations.
Do the wrong thing the right way.