• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson NFL Investigation.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read the :Lisa Friell Team is conducting the investigation.

Lisa is the lead investigator for the Zeke Elliot investigation. Shaun is about to get screwed - regardless how the courts go!!!!!

"In her role as the NFL's special counsel for investigations she also oversaw the domestic violence investigation of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott. In a lawsuit filed by the NFLPA, Friel is accused of withholding "critical information which would completely exonerate Elliott" in allegations of domestic violence.[10] Friel reportedly barred lead investigator Kia Roberts, who recommended no suspension for Elliott, from attending a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell where Friel recommended a six-game suspension for Elliott to Goodell and other NFL executives.[11] Friel was also accused of withholding evidence when she was implicated for prosecutorial misconduct in the alleged r*pe case of former New York police officers Kenneth Moreno and Franklin Mata.[10]"

She is a hired gun for the NFL with the reputation and history of coming to whatever Goodell wants her to find!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things getting interesting.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:
"Watson has not spoken to the NFL as part of its investigation into the lawsuits."

Last edited:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Texans had a hair on their ass they wouldn't be paying this shithead
They could probably request he be put on an NFL exempt, (suspended), list, but I don't know if you can trade a suspended player.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tie-Rod is officially a journeyman now. But Houston will regret the Watson fiasco. This legal shit looks to only get worse through the season.

They could probably request he be put on an NFL exempt, (suspended), list, but I don't know if you can trade a suspended player.
Can a team request that the league put a player on the list? I would have thought that was a league-only decision.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Texans had a hair on their ass they wouldn't be paying this shithead
dont think they have a choice. At least until the NFL decides to do something with him. Once he gets in trouble with the NFL. Then they would have some avenues to not paying him. Or maybe even getting him off their books.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read the :Lisa Friell Team is conducting the investigation.

Lisa is the lead investigator for the Zeke Elliot investigation. Shaun is about to get screwed - regardless how the courts go!!!!!

"In her role as the NFL's special counsel for investigations she also oversaw the domestic violence investigation of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott. In a lawsuit filed by the NFLPA, Friel is accused of withholding "critical information which would completely exonerate Elliott" in allegations of domestic violence.[10] Friel reportedly barred lead investigator Kia Roberts, who recommended no suspension for Elliott, from attending a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell where Friel recommended a six-game suspension for Elliott to Goodell and other NFL executives.[11] Friel was also accused of withholding evidence when she was implicated for prosecutorial misconduct in the alleged r*pe case of former New York police officers Kenneth Moreno and Franklin Mata.[10]"

She is a hired gun for the NFL with the reputation and history of coming to whatever Goodell wants her to find!

doesnt seem like in this case. Anything will have to be hidden. 20+ people saying the same thing in multiple states & not knowing each other. Pretty good chance he will be lucky if it stays in just the NFL. A gungho Prosecutor could pick up the case once evidence is out there even if the ladies dont come forward for a criminal case.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think they have a choice. At least until the NFL decides to do something with him. Once he gets in trouble with the NFL. Then they would have some avenues to not paying him. Or maybe even getting him off their books.
exactly best they can do till hes arrested is pay him 10 mil to sit

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tie-Rod is officially a journeyman now. But Houston will regret the Watson fiasco. This legal shit looks to only get worse through the season.

Can a team request that the league put a player on the list? I would have thought that was a league-only decision.
I'm sure they can request it. That doesn't mean the Commissioner has to honour the request, but I think it would be difficult for him to deny such a request. I'm sure some discussions have already taken place. My impression is Watson won't play for the Texans this year if trade talks fail but the Texans don't want any NFL action until the trade talks are exhausted. If/when trade talks fail the Texans will then want immediate action. That would be an ethically shitty position for both the Texans and Roger Goodell. I think we'll find out very soon.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Watson is wasting a year of his career. Terrible career move

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Watson is wasting a year of his career. Terrible career move
It is a terrible career move and for sure there are better ways to handle the situation then how he did.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a terrible career move and for sure there are better ways to handle the situation then how he did.

Thankfully for him, he is only 25 but still not the best move. He may be wasting 2 years if the NFL wait until next year to hand down their suspension. Also, he is killing his trade value.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they can request it. That doesn't mean the Commissioner has to honour the request, but I think it would be difficult for him to deny such a request. I'm sure some discussions have already taken place. My impression is Watson won't play for the Texans this year if trade talks fail but the Texans don't want any NFL action until the trade talks are exhausted. If/when trade talks fail the Texans will then want immediate action. That would be an ethically shitty position for both the Texans and Roger Goodell. I think we'll find out very soon.
Speaking of ethically shitty position, Watson doesn't want to play for the Texans but he definitely wants them to continue paying him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully for him, he is only 25 but still not the best move. He may be wasting 2 years if the NFL wait until next year to hand down their suspension. Also, he is killing his trade value.
Yeah could be wasting a couple of prime career years and in the meantime the NFL draft will bring waves of best college has to offer at QB. Like the saying NFL stands for "Not For Long" league. Botching your career like that is something he'll look back at and regret IMO.