• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Henry...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are forgetting, McCaffrey is a sophomore, he has time to get better and he already broke the all-time all-purpose yards record set by Barry. But you know he is a nobody, just some slow, white guy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heisman doesnt have anything to do with translation to the NFL though, which is why your conversation doesnt have a place in this thread.

With that said. While McCaffrey may be seviceable in the NFL with the right team, his ability to disappear under good competition leaves one to wonder if he would be a good fit at the next level since every team is playing the best of the best on every college team. Will he just be an average player that fades away, or will he raise his skill level? Hard to pinpoint but the fact he gets less yards against top competition would be a worry if I was a GM looking at a player.

We are talking about Derrrick Henry, I already said he will win Heisman. If this is about Henry, the NFL has everything to do with it. He can win Heisman all he wants but if he doesnt succeed in the NFL, nobody really cares honestly. Just like every other Alabama RB to go to the NFL. The best one has been Mark Ingram and he has done well bc of his pass-catching ability.

I guess you arent comprehending that the defenses have nothing to do with his skills. Many great NFL players have played bad competition in college. His skills will improve but he is already a really good route runners. His running skill after catch are already very good. He has the speed and easily the quickness. His hands are also very good for only being a sophomore. The fact he will probably be a special teams guy and slot receiver he will be facing 3rd or 4th CB's and sometimes matched up on LB's which could give him even a greater advantage and he is only 19 years old. He has great potential.

Last edited:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he wasn't elite? He is going to get more touches on the ball if your quarterback isn't a very good quarterback. Do you not get that? If you have a good quarterback he's going to pass the ball more. Never once have I said Henry wasn't a phenomenal back. Stop playing the victim. You're Bama, fucking act like it.

Actually if you knew as much about Saban as you like to let on, you would know he likes a balanced attack leaning more towards a ball control offense. This lends to our QB's not getting as many reps due to handing the ball off more. Its hard to average 10 yards a run, but a QB could easily average 8-10 yards a pass and not need to try very hard. Most great to good runners in college average around 5-7 yards per carry. Its scary how balanced our offense was this year with only a 79 yard difference between rushing and passing stats.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but Bama's QB is average.
I've only seen a few games and Coker looked pretty good. Any player that can overcome Kiffin........ Hell Henry should get bonus points for that. If I was running his campaign it would be a picture of Kiffin with Henry's stats listed :dhd:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about Derrrick Henry, I already said he will win Heisman. If this is about Henry, the NFL has everything to do with it. He can win Heisman all he wants but if he doesnt succeed in the NFL, nobody really cares honestly. Just like every other Alabama RB to go to the NFL. The best one has been Mark Ingram and he has done well bc of his pass-catching ability.

I guess being an NFL MVP doesnt count much towards making you relevant huh?

I love how arm chair QB's can look at Henry in college and translate what his career will be like based simply on where he played and past RB's that came out of that school. I always thought people were individuals and should be judged on their own accomplishments, not what others before them did.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love how arm chair QB's can look at Henry in college and translate what his career will be like based simply on where he played and past RB's that came out of that school. I always thought people were individuals and should be judged on their own accomplishments, not what others before them did.
Henry would look nice reunited with Cooper :think:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he wasn't elite? He is going to get more touches on the ball if your quarterback isn't a very good quarterback. Do you not get that? If you have a good quarterback he's going to pass the ball more. Never once have I said Henry wasn't a phenomenal back. Stop playing the victim. You're Bama, fucking act like it.

I was just pointing out the fallacy of your argument...no need to bunch your panties up in a bunch like a little bitch. Yes, we're Bama, we'll be glad to show you that on January 1. Then on the 2nd you can start making your "If Cook's shoulder was healthy" excuses, like Texas ca. 2009.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are forgetting, McCaffrey is a sophomore, he has time to get better and he already broke the all-time all-purpose yards record set by Barry. But you know he is a nobody, just some slow, white guy.
Not a fan of bieber IMO he gets shut down by OSU like he did by Northwestern. And shows those stats were padded by awful defenses

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You name one guy and he was a great one. But I was really talking about recently under Saban, but if you want to talk about longer than that you wont find many guys.

It isnt about the player, it is about the system. How you develop a player in college has everything to do with how they translate to the NFL. Saban does a great job on defense, but some positions are harder to translate than others and RB's and QB's is just not his strong point. Henry could be good but he will need to expand his game bc he has the skills.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of bieber IMO he gets shut down by OSU like he did by Northwestern. And shows those stats were padded by awful defenses

He is playing Iowa. They have a pretty good defense too though lol.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You name one guy and he was a great one. But I was really talking about recently under Saban, but if you want to talk about longer than that you wont find many guys.

It isnt about the player, it is about the system. How you develop a player in college has everything to do with how they translate to the NFL. Saban does a great job on defense, but some positions are harder to translate than others and RB's and QB's is just not his strong point. Henry could be good but he will need to expand his game bc he has the skills.

If you havent noticed, the NFL is changing of late and RB has been a foregone conclusion on many teams, opting to take other players higher and choosing to seek RB help in rounds 2-4. Very few have gone in the top round recently and those didnt pan out due to the systems run in the NFL. Most teams are heavily invested in high priced QB's, receivers and lines to block. There is one team in the NFL that is doing it old school with a line to run block, a running game to match and that team is 12-0 right now. Henry would look good as a tandem back in that backfield with Stewart. They like power running and Henry is the nest power runner i have seen in years. He gets stronger as the game goes on. My guess is his talent equates well to the NFL, but thats just me, you can feel how you want.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just pointing out the fallacy of your argument...no need to bunch your panties up in a bunch like a little bitch. Yes, we're Bama, we'll be glad to show you that on January 1. Then on the 2nd you can start making your "If Cook's shoulder was healthy" excuses, like Texas ca. 2009.
Just so we're clear, if Henry got less touches he would have just as many yards?

And the game is being played on December 31st. Are you really a Bama fan or just a troll?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry's 1900+ yards = Jeter's 3000+ hits

Both are/were great accumulators.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we're clear, if Henry got less touches he would have just as many yards?

And the game is being played on December 31st. Are you really a Bama fan or just a troll?

If we had a better QB he would have less carries and a higher average per rush....pretending like most on here, that you can take some other backs average and extend it to 40 carries is ridiculous...most of these bitches couldn't handle the workload.

Lol, you'll have to excuse the Jan 1...The last few years of this shit have not erased the extinct of a lifetime of big games being on Jan 1.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just downed a new McCaffery gif when I get home :dhd: :plotting:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had a better QB he would have less carries and a higher average per rush....pretending like most on here, that you can take some other backs average and extend it to 40 carries is ridiculous...most of these bitches couldn't handle the workload.

Lol, you'll have to excuse the Jan 1...The last few years of this shit have not erased the extinct of a lifetime of big games being on Jan 1.
And for the third time, I have never said he wasn't an exceptional RB. All you Bama homers keep accusing me of it so it should be easy, Please, quote me once where I said it. If he gets less touches his yards go down, he would be more effect and a better per carry average with a better quarterback but his net yards would be down.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize that 3 Saban backs are in the top 30 for rushing in the NFL at the moment, despite all missing time for injury, correct? And that there are some 300 other college teams that send players to the league every year right? Shit, Alabama has as many running backs in the top 30 as the entire B1G.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the third time, I have never said he wasn't an exceptional RB. All you Bama homers keep accusing me of it so it should be easy, Please, quote me once where I said it. If he gets less touches his yards go down, he would be more effect and a better per carry average with a better quarterback but his net yards would be down.

Then what's your point...you might as well say water is wet.