• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Henry...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^^^. McCaffrey played 9 defenses of 62nd or worse, but the bulk of those were closer to 90 to 120 range. He built his numbers on very weak defenses. The guy is no doubt good, but he faced three top 50 defenses and he became a normal back in 2 of those three games and had a decent game against the other one. Sorry, but if McCaffey played top defenses weak in and out, he would be an average back at best.
but the stanford nerd made him pretty little view masters. So the voters could virtually watch him run vs bad defenses :dhd: he played an awful USC defense twice. Along with a terrible Oregon defense and several others. His stats are inflated imo

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
System RB.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC defenses are inflated by bad offenses. Everyone knows that.
But that doesn't mean McCafferys stats aren't inflated by PAC defenses. The only way i can gauge it is to go off how they perform vs top tier defenses. I was even generous and went top 25. Northwestern shut McCaffery down. I think OSU will too McCafferys all hype IMO, And he does have a point Henry did it against top tier defenses. including a Wisconsin defense ranked higher than Northwestern. Henry ran for 147 yards and 3 TDs. When you match them up its really not close. Comparing the stats vs 2 top defenses from the BIG speaks volumes. MacCaffery is over rated IMO. If its between McCaffery and Henry it belongs to henry

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is PAC12=SEC by hypocritical inversion law?
McCaffery 66 yards rushing 23 yards receiving in A loss vs Northwestern ranked 11 in total Defense
Henry 147 yards rushing 3 TDs in A victory vs Wisconsin ranked number 3 in total defense

thats all the comparison necessary IMO

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me 9 blockers on the line of scrimmage with Stanford's scheme and my slow white 5.0/40 running self could be a Heisman candidate too.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me 9 blockers on the line of scrimmage with Stanford's scheme and my slow white 5.0/40 running self could be a Heisman candidate too.
Didn't realize that Stanford used a 0 WR sets so often.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffery 66 yards rushing 23 yards receiving in A loss vs Northwestern ranked 11 in total Defense
Henry 147 yards rushing 3 TDs in A victory vs Wisconsin ranked number 3 in total defense

thats all the comparison necessary IMO
Don't argue with facts Clark! You should know better by now! Now he'll just give his opinion based on his prejudice of the SEC and claim it as a fact

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Henry resume
---------- tied with Herschel Walker for single season rushing TDs record that has held for some 30+ years
---------- broke ALL TIME high school rushing record held for some ungodly 60+ years
---------- broke Herschel Walker's record for SEC total single season rushing yards held for some 30+ years
---------- broke Johnny Musso's record for carries in a game by an Alabama RB held for some ungodly 40+ years

Basically, he's a walking record book, breaking records that have stood the test of time.

Just give him the trophy so he doesn't run you over too and break another record along the way.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't argue with facts Clark! You should know better by now! Now he'll just give his opinion based on his prejudice of the SEC and claim it as a fact
I used my McCaffery for heisman virtual brainwashing device to make a bong. About the only thing its good for :dhd: Theres no arguing the comparison its not even close IMO McCaffery 3rd in voting at best if voters are being realistic
Stanford creates 360-degree video to campaign for McCaffrey's Heisman bid

Henry and Mayfield don't need a view master they put it on the field :doh:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donny get me wring I get the McCaffery hype. He's A Nice feel goos story from a media point of view. But when you break it down and put it all in black and white. Until McCaffery proves himself vs top tier defenses all he is is a story. His stats are padded by a combination of shotty defenses and a down year for the PAC. When competing against a team that plays sound defense he was a complete non factor. I also expect him to be held in check when Stanford plays Ohio State. He may be a good player but he's not the reggie bush 2.0 are trying to make him out to be.Until he can prove himself against a solid defense Rolltide nailed it he's a poor man's Toby Gerhart. Realistically theres only 3 legit heisman candidates Henry,Mayfield and Elliot imo

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Henry resume
---------- tied with Herschel Walker for single season rushing TDs record that has held for some 30+ years
---------- broke ALL TIME high school rushing record held for some ungodly 60+ years
---------- broke Herschel Walker's record for SEC total single season rushing yards held for some 30+ years
---------- broke Johnny Musso's record for carries in a game by an Alabama RB held for some ungodly 40+ years

Basically, he's a walking record book, breaking records that have stood the test of time.

Just give him the trophy so he doesn't run you over too and break another record along the way.

Barry Sanders says hi.