• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Henry...

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This made me chuckle. Of Henry's extra 332 yds to cook. It took 128 carries for a YPC of 2.59 yds.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Henry resume
---------- tied with Herschel Walker for single season rushing TDs record that has held for some 30+ years
---------- broke ALL TIME high school rushing record held for some ungodly 60+ years
---------- broke Herschel Walker's record for SEC total single season rushing yards held for some 30+ years
---------- broke Johnny Musso's record for carries in a game by an Alabama RB held for some ungodly 40+ years

Basically, he's a walking record book, breaking records that have stood the test of time.

Just give him the trophy so he doesn't run you over too and break another record along the way.
Give Walker two extra games, like Henry has, and Henry would be no where close.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it strikes me that with that two extra games making it so easy to break Herschel's record, why arent all RB's doing it? Seems like that extra two games would make it a cake walk. Why Dalvin Cook should've been able to do it in the same amount of games as Herschel if he's as good as everyone says he is. Wonder why he didnt do it. Why didnt McCaffrey do it? I mean its only two less games, surely its easy to do.

I am curious of one other thing. If that two extra games makes it so easy, why didnt Cook or McCaffrey break the records in their allotted games? Its two extra games, that should make it easy.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donny get me wring I get the McCaffery hype. He's A Nice feel goos story from a media point of view. But when you break it down and put it all in black and white. Until McCaffery proves himself vs top tier defenses all he is is a story. His stats are padded by a combination of shotty defenses and a down year for the PAC. When competing against a team that plays sound defense he was a complete non factor. I also expect him to be held in check when Stanford plays Ohio State. He may be a good player but he's not the reggie bush 2.0 are trying to make him out to be.Until he can prove himself against a solid defense Rolltide nailed it he's a poor man's Toby Gerhart. Realistically theres only 3 legit heisman candidates Henry,Mayfield and Elliot imo
Who the Fuck is Donny, Clark??

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo, to be fair, nobody else asks their running back to tote the rock 40 times a game either.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the Fuck is Donny, Clark??
It was supposed to say don't. I'm guessing it was the Stanford nerds and their tech squad sabotaging my post. They're doing all they can to try to get bieber a heisman :gaah: doesn't matter really tho Henry is the better back bieber fails the eye test

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it strikes me that with that two extra games making it so easy to break Herschel's record, why arent all RB's doing it? Seems like that extra two games would make it a cake walk. Why Dalvin Cook should've been able to do it in the same amount of games as Herschel if he's as good as everyone says he is. Wonder why he didnt do it. Why didnt McCaffrey do it? I mean its only two less games, surely its easy to do.

I am curious of one other thing. If that two extra games makes it so easy, why didnt Cook or McCaffrey break the records in their allotted games? Its two extra games, that should make it easy.
Most teams with a good RB have a good QB. Bama has a mediocre QB and an NFL line.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams with a good RB have a good QB. Bama has a mediocre QB and an NFL line.

Bama has a QB that does what is asked of him. The stats this year are showing a balanced team. The game plan is reigned in by Saban. If Kiffin had his choice Bama would pass every down. Coker has a 66% completion percentage on the season with a 139 rating. Thats not too shabby for a first year starter who knew his reps would be limited due to Henry and Drake.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shouldn't a mediocre quarterback make it harder...I mean, if you know he's going to get it 40+ times a game, shouldn't you be able to game plan for that...either every defensive coordinator we have played is poor or Henry is an elite back....

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't a mediocre quarterback make it harder...I mean, if you know he's going to get it 40+ times a game, shouldn't you be able to game plan for that...either every defensive coordinator we have played is poor or Henry is an elite back....
Who said he wasn't elite? He is going to get more touches on the ball if your quarterback isn't a very good quarterback. Do you not get that? If you have a good quarterback he's going to pass the ball more. Never once have I said Henry wasn't a phenomenal back. Stop playing the victim. You're Bama, fucking act like it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my thought. When you have elite defenses keying in on the RB. Generally it forces the game into a mediocre Aqaba hands to force them to beat you. Ie Fournette one of the best RBs in the game. He was shut down when SEC defenses keyed in on him. Henry just continued to produce. That makes Henry's stats and performances that much more impressive IMO

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has played 8 top 50 rush defenses this year and has 1986 yards and 23 TDs. He is the best 2nd Half RB I have ever seen and the best Blocking RB I have ever seen. This guy has ran against stacked boxes all year and still hasnt been stopped. I love the Guy and think he Deserves the Heisman.

I think he's the runaway winner.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has a great Running Back, a mediocre QB and an average O Line.
If Bama has a mediocre QB, an average O line and last year was the worst defense under Saban; how can Bama fans say that Saban isn't slipping? Still a top 2 head coach but both he and Meyer are allowing the pack to catch up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson has been a mystery. I have hear that his work ethic dropped off and his attitude changed. Not sure.

The fact that this guy has been a record breaker at every level he has played says he is not like that, he is driven to be successful.

I did some checking on McCaffrey and the defenses he faced. He faced 9 defenses that ranked below 50th and when I say below, he had 2 that were slightly below and 7 that were way below that line. He built his numbers on bad defenses. He had one good game against a top 50 defense and that was Washington where he had 221 years of offense. The other two top 50 defenses he had 89 and 113 yards respectively. He all but became normal against like players. Seems like what your saying is not really the case with McCaffrey, he becomes normal as the level of competition gets better. Henry got better as the competition got better and the game wore on.

His translation to NFL has nothing to do with the defenses, his skills do.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama has a mediocre QB, an average O line and last year was the worst defense under Saban; how can Bama fans say that Saban isn't slipping? Still a top 2 head coach but both he and Meyer are allowing the pack to catch up.

Because we are back to back SEC Champs and have made the playoffs two years in a row. It's unrealistic to expect Saban or any coach to always have the best of everything.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we are back to back SEC Champs and have made the playoffs two years in a row. It's unrealistic to expect Saban or any coach to always have the best of everything.
The last two years the SEC has been very weak. Again, I'm not saying he isn't a top head coach, not one I would want again because he would just turn tail and run again, but the gap is closing between the next grouping of coaches.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His translation to NFL has nothing to do with the defenses, his skills do.

The Heisman doesnt have anything to do with translation to the NFL though, which is why your conversation doesnt have a place in this thread.

With that said. While McCaffrey may be seviceable in the NFL with the right team, his ability to disappear under good competition leaves one to wonder if he would be a good fit at the next level since every team is playing the best of the best on every college team. Will he just be an average player that fades away, or will he raise his skill level? Hard to pinpoint but the fact he gets less yards against top competition would be a worry if I was a GM looking at a player.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my thought. When you have elite defenses keying in on the RB. Generally it forces the game into a mediocre Aqaba hands to force them to beat you. Ie Fournette one of the best RBs in the game. He was shut down when SEC defenses keyed in on him. Henry just continued to produce. That makes Henry's stats and performances that much more impressive IMO

But, but Bama's QB is average.