• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver is pounding Ponder

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've enjoyed it more than our games recently.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your "and now" reference doesn't negate the fact that Tebow mustered 1 first down in all of the first half. He's had a good second half, but that doesn't mean the first should be ignored.

I can't believe crash had the audacity to claim that Tebow didn't do anything in the first half. That was obviously just hate!

Denver struggled in the first half, Tebow didn't make it any better. The Broncos had the ball around 5 minutes of the first half. The safety killed one drive. McGahee fumble killed another. The pick six by Ponder gave them essentially two drives in a row. Three 3-and-outs, one without a pass play. Obviously, some of it was the inability to get first downs, extend the drives, and part of it was just not getting the ball as many times (though I'd gladly surrender a possession for a pick 6!). So as far as quantity, I wasn't surprised (barring long drives in short periods). As far as quality, not a good half for either team (a fumble and pick six cannot be a good half, even if you have the lead). Ponder did pick it up, though.