• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos Rumors: Knowshon Moreno Likely Starter

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good a game as Moreno had yesterday, I think it's at least a bit overstated to say that he's always played well when healthy. True that he was very productive his rookie year and that injuries have held him back, but he has also at times run very tentatively and been prone to fumbling, a couple of the same issues that Ball is now struggling with. Hopefully Moreno can stay healthy and continue to run with the same authority that he's run with ever since returning from his benching last year while Ball makes the adjustment to the NFL.

A lot of those issues are fixed with maturity and experience.

Moreno does have that quick burst to accelerate when he hits the cutback lane. He was running some people over yesterday as well.

Ball needs to learn how to run in the Zone Blocking System and look for the cut back lane. You have to anticipate where the opening will be and that is a skill that can't really be taught.

We will see if he is able to once the game slows down for him a bit.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of those issues are fixed with maturity and experience.

Moreno does have that quick burst to accelerate when he hits the cutback lane. He was running some people over yesterday as well.

Ball needs to learn how to run in the Zone Blocking System and look for the cut back lane. You have to anticipate where the opening will be and that is a skill that can't really be taught.

We will see if he is able to once the game slows down for him a bit.

I agree with all of that. The bolded sentence isn't something that has always been characteristic of Moreno, though. To me he has run with more authority ever since returning from his lengthy benching last year. I suspect that drafting Bell and placing Hillman atop the depth chart this past offseason have further strengthened his resolve.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of that. The bolded sentence isn't something that has always been characteristic of Moreno, though. To me he has run with more authority ever since returning from his lengthy benching last year. I suspect that drafting Bell and placing Hillman atop the depth chart this past offseason have further strengthened his resolve.

Honestly I think the run game should get better as the season progresses. The OL is a unit that takes time to build that unity and understanding of what is going on and with Clady missing all of the preseason, breaking in a new Center and RG, and having some very young Running Backs it just takes time for all that to work together. Moreno fits this offense perfectly and if he can stay healthy should get the start all season long as he is good up the middle or to the outside, is the best pass protector of the group, and I would say has the best hands of all 3 running backs. If nothing else Moreno is giving Ball a chance to develop a little more without the added pressure of needing to be the man for this offense at this time. If Moreno can give this offense maybe 8 games of healthy running I think Ball, CJ Anderson, and Hillman would do pretty well with the extra practice time and better OL working together.

I guess time will tell. I will say though we did just face two pretty decent teams against the run as Baltimore just shut down Trent Richardson (darn you Trent you were supposed to lead my Fantasy team to victory this year) and DeMarco Murray (I would say a top 10 running back in the league when healthy which he was).

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball just can't be trusted yet. Blocking is not there at all and too many fumbles in preseason, he has not gained many yards at all on his touches.... trust me I was jumping up and down when we got him but he needs to learn the system. Let Moreno go as much as possible, it looks like he got a wake up call in the offseason.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball just can't be trusted yet. Blocking is not there at all and too many fumbles in preseason, he has not gained many yards at all on his touches.... trust me I was jumping up and down when we got him but he needs to learn the system. Let Moreno go as much as possible, it looks like he got a wake up call in the offseason.

Hillman certainly does not have the coaches confidence. I never was very keen on the pick. He has open field speed but that is about it.

Ball needs some work. He is not ready for the NFL yet.

CJ Anderson is the one I think can contribute the most once he is healthy. His instincts as a runner are really good and fits well in the ZBS.

Moreno is the man for now, Ball and Anderson can rotate in when they are good to go. Hillman is only good for depth at the moment if you ask me.