• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos 2023 Head Coaching Search

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have George Bernard Shaw and he's dead. Thanks Condi....
Yeah, given the Stanford ties floating around that building now from Condi and Penner to Elway and others, anyone with a coniferous background will be interviewed

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, given the Stanford ties floating around that building now from Condi and Penner to Elway and others, anyone with a coniferous background will be interviewed
He only interviews virtually.

This line will appeal to Stanford grads:

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
― George Bernard Shaw

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we give up multiple picks for Payton will that mean we'd trade a player to re coup picks in 23/24?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pleased that the owner and interview group are taking their time and letting the interviewees educate them along the way. A pretty good sign.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Condi Rice fans - LOL. I don't see it, but I'm sure the majority wisdom here can't be wrong. She did date one of my all-time favorite Broncos.
I would think her experience with people would be a plus.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we give up multiple picks for Payton will that mean we'd trade a player to re coup picks in 23/24?
Maybe Patrick or Sutton? Jeudy seems to be thriving as an outside receiver.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton on the Herd just said compensation to the Saints would be a mid or late 1st round pick. He has talked to Mickey Loomis about it directly. He talked about considerations he would have in picking a team and ownership was top with QB and overall team growth potential as the other big considerations. Said he would ask hard questions during interviews. Was interesting to listen to.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its just a 1st I'm on board if its more I'd have issue with it. I'd still want Harbaugh more.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who doesn't ask hard questions in a high turnover, move your family, one of 32 positions available in the world?

Regardless, I'm not enthusiastic about trading Chubb for a late first, only to lose him and the pick for a coach who won with a first ballot HOF qb.

And after reading an article about Harbaugh being a hands off HC and relying heavily on his coordinators to call plays and make adjustments, I'm not as high on him anymore.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton has won with a small QB, therefore he can win with a QB of any height. ;)

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who doesn't ask hard questions in a high turnover, move your family, one of 32 positions available in the world?

Regardless, I'm not enthusiastic about trading Chubb for a late first, only to lose him and the pick for a coach who won with a first ballot HOF qb.

And after reading an article about Harbaugh being a hands off HC and relying heavily on his coordinators to call plays and make adjustments, I'm not as high on him anymore.
So that leaves Dan Quinn as the alternative with experience. Not sure that is a great option either and I think experience is a must have for this team right now.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are going to zero in on Sean Payton. Basically, we'd be trading Bradley Chubb for Sean Payton.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that leaves Dan Quinn as the alternative with experience. Not sure that is a great option either and I think experience is a must have for this team right now.
At this point I think it comes down to Payton or Ryans. Anyone else really is a wasted hire IMO. Evero will be good, but he's not ready yet.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Shaw wouldn't be my first choice but IMO the majority here are underrating him as a HC in the NFL. Had this been 3 years ago you probably would have loved the idea given what Shaw did with the Stanford program during his time there. I do think he should take some sort of an assistant job in the NFL first and get his feet wet but he he is a HECK of a coach and leader. Like any college football coach transitioning to the NFL things would make me nervous if hired as our HC but he he is legit for the job.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think it comes down to Payton or Ryans. Anyone else really is a wasted hire IMO. Evero will be good, but he's not ready yet.

These would be my top two.

If the price is right on Payton he is my #1... If we have to go with inexperience which doesn't seem to be the best fit given our situation but we really lack candidates this year then I am bragging Ryans without a question. I also don't want to see us grab an average coach with experience just to get experience then pass on what I would consider a guy with big time upside as a HC in Demeco Ryans. I may just start yelling for Ryans here soon and go against my thought we need experience mostly because there isn't much out there with experience that sets fire to me.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I promised myself I wouldn't get too involved in discussion of our head coach this year just because we did this all last year and I almost feel mentally exhausted doing this again one year later. Last year my top two were Kevin O'Connell who turned out pretty good and my #2 was Dan Quinn who I have soured on a little bit going into this process. The penalties are what kill me with him and I really think the Dallas D should have been better this year.

This year I think my top would be Payton with my second now being Demeco Ryans.

I won't say much more then this. :)