• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos 2023 Head Coaching Search

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm correct in saying Fangio was the DC for Harbaugh in SF, and Evero was at least a QC guy under him as well.

Makes me really consider Harbaugh in a more positive light.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm correct in saying Fangio was the DC for Harbaugh in SF, and Evero was at least a QC guy under him as well.

Makes me really consider Harbaugh in a more positive light.
Harbaugh can definitely rub the wrong way, but the guy has been very successful at every HC stop he has made college or pros.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh can definitely rub the wrong way, but the guy has been very successful at every HC stop he has made college or pros.
He's a grownup - I don't particularly like him, but he will right the ship. The Broncos are not interviewing any minority candidates so there may be some league trouble there.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver needs a longterm HC hire so they need to select wisely. Harbaugh is my #1 choice. Payton would be 2nd IF he was avail. w/o cost but, since he is no. I don't want Quinn Shaw Moore Caldwell is older. I'm interested in Shane S, Philly and Ben Johnson Det. we won't go that route. Reich is last resort hire I'd be ok with. Damn its Harbaugh or bust for me.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a grownup - I don't particularly like him, but he will right the ship. The Broncos are not interviewing any minority candidates so there may be some league trouble there.
I’m sure they will interview one minority candidate just to fill the quota(probably Evero to be honest)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure they will interview one minority candidate just to fill the quota(probably Evero to be honest)
Makes me wonder if Evero turning down the job or just the act of offering negates the need to interview. Probably not. My guess is we interview Bienemy again. Niners DC will likely get an interview too.

I'm not all in on Harbaugh, and I'm sure the new owners will comply with the rules.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder if Evero turning down the job or just the act of offering negates the need to interview. Probably not. My guess is we interview Bienemy again. Niners DC will likely get an interview too.

I'm not all in on Harbaugh, and I'm sure the new owners will comply with the rules.
Yeah, I'm sure they will touch that base, but there is no indication of the true spirit of compliance - almost blatantly not.

• Bullseye
Reactions: LGM

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF had 8 consecutive non winning seasons before Harbs.

let’s take a shot

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything to suggest they won't look at a lot of coaches and I will assume that will include multiple minority candidates. It has been pretty tight lipped so far out of Dove Valley. I don't think any NFL sources have ins with Walton-Penner. Maybe with Paton, but he is a bystander at this point fighting for his job. The reports out there are mere speculation at this point on the obvious big names. Reports like "doing homework" and "will be aggressive" are far different than Tepper actually discussing the Panther's open position with Harbaugh.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think that head coaching experience is at the top of the ideal qualifications list. Although, taking a chance on an offensive coach from the Shanny, Jr. tree hasn't been a bad move for other teams in recent years. Harbaugh seems to be the most successful candidate that has been discussed outside of Payton, who I don't think I want to give up draft capital for.

Do you think we reach out to someone like Cowher or Dungy, maybe?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton would be my preferred coach, but not at the expense of multiple picks including at least one 1st round pick that it would take in draft pick compensation to get him. Anyone think the Saints would be willing to just take cash to let him go? Say $25 Million. Cash is what our ownership can part with, not picks.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we reach out to someone like Cowher or Dungy, maybe?
I think both have been out of it too long and I really think Cowher has no desire.

Sean Payton would be my preferred coach, but not at the expense of multiple picks including at least one 1st round pick that it would take in draft pick compensation to get him. Anyone think the Saints would be willing to just take cash to let him go? Say $25 Million. Cash is what our ownership can part with, not picks.
I would bet Payton is more valuable than 25 million. Another team with picks would be willing to trade. Maybe not a 1st but something.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One person I don't think we will see is Kellen Moore. Can't imagine Russell Wilson working with a HC as young as him.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One person I don't think we will see is Kellen Moore. Can't imagine Russell Wilson working with a HC as young as him.
I think ownership will be hesitant to go with another first time HC, especially younger one. I think the only way that happens if there is a plan to bring an experienced former HC to consult and advise.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both have been out of it too long and I really think Cowher has no desire.

I would bet Payton is more valuable than 25 million. Another team with picks would be willing to trade. Maybe not a 1st but something.
Ya, the Bucs gave up two 1st, two 2nds and 8Million for Gruden in 2002 so I think the Saints would want at least a 1st.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hacket had a complicated offense - and on each play - receivers had 5 different options based on their read on the defense. Literally, no one knew where WRs would be as the play developed including the QB.
This is what gets my attention. It makes sense paired with what I saw on the field. I don't know how true it is, but it certainly explains a lot. An Offense like that is kinda/sorta the opposite of what we did with PFM in his glory days. That Offense was so good because the idea was excellence in execution - everybody on the same page, everybody understanding the play, everybody filling their role. "Simple" plays worked because they were run as close to perfection as humanly possible. Something like that is attainable with good/great coaching and with all of the players buying in. I think Harbaugh can bring that kind of culture to the Broncos and I think Wilson can run that kind of Offense. Harbaugh ticks off all of the boxes for an NFL Head Coach. They could do a lot worse. We know, we've been seeing that for a while.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Griese is the QB coach now in SF.
excellent job. could be an up and comer for OC soon.