• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos 2023 Head Coaching Search

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These would be my top two.

If the price is right on Payton he is my #1... If we have to go with inexperience which doesn't seem to be the best fit given our situation but we really lack candidates this year then I am bragging Ryans without a question. I also don't want to see us grab an average coach with experience just to get experience then pass on what I would consider a guy with big time upside as a HC in Demeco Ryans. I may just start yelling for Ryans here soon and go against my thought we need experience mostly because there isn't much out there with experience that sets fire to me.
You’ve already soured on your second choice from the last cycle. Hackett, who most thought would bring good juju, was a turd. Then in the last two games an overlooked ST coach has a beat up Broncos squad competing (even winning).

I could be talked into flipping the keys to Rosberg and give him a longer runway at this point. :noidea:

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Payton, he has to bring significantly more to the team over any other option to warrant giving up a 1st to get him. That first could be the best IOL in the draft, whether guard or center. And 5 years of contractual control of that player. That goes a long way to keeping Russ cleaner and opening holes for Javonte and Co.

Or, if Payton, do we offer draft capital next year when we potentially have more picks in the 1&2 rounds or maybe trade a player like Sutton now that Jeudy has produced on the boundary and Patrick returning?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Payton, he has to bring significantly more to the team over any other option to warrant giving up a 1st to get him. That first could be the best IOL in the draft, whether guard or center. And 5 years of contractual control of that player. That goes a long way to keeping Russ cleaner and opening holes for Javonte and Co.

Or, if Payton, do we offer draft capital next year when we potentially have more picks in the 1&2 rounds or maybe trade a player like Sutton now that Jeudy has produced on the boundary and Patrick returning?
That is my concern about Payton. His record is with a first ballot HOF QB and it isn’t great in the post season.

Trading next years picks doesn’t hurt less for me. Wilson has a 30ish million cap hit in 2023, 40s in 2024 and 50s in 2025. We will be losing cap room to fill holes in FA. That is why the draft picks become important to me.

I also don’t think Sutton holds a ton of value. I would be surprised if we could a 1st for him, NO isn’t desperate for WR, and we would need a Sutton backfill.

To me Payton is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. And if he doesn’t live up to his reputation then we have not just wasted a year but dumped more draft picks in the process.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is OL FA class. If its ONLY a #1 I can handle it for Payton but, more thats tougher. We have lots of needs that need 23 fixes.Having Russ strapping us for avg play. Draft picks on the cheap are more valuable.

I think if we do land Payton I would up the odds of a name player or two are moved to re coup a 2nd at least in 23 draft.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is OL FA class. If its ONLY a #1 I can handle it for Payton but, more thats tougher. We have lots of needs that need 23 fixes.Having Russ strapping us for avg play. Draft picks on the cheap are more valuable.

I think if we do land Payton I would up the odds of a name player or two are moved to re coup a 2nd at least in 23 draft.
There are a couple ones of note that will have to hit FA. But keep in mind we won’t be the only team bidding for their service.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my concern about Payton. His record is with a first ballot HOF QB and it isn’t great in the post season.

Trading next years picks doesn’t hurt less for me. Wilson has a 30ish million cap hit in 2023, 40s in 2024 and 50s in 2025. We will be losing cap room to fill holes in FA. That is why the draft picks become important to me.

I also don’t think Sutton holds a ton of value. I would be surprised if we could a 1st for him, NO isn’t desperate for WR, and we would need a Sutton backfill.

To me Payton is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. And if he doesn’t live up to his reputation then we have not just wasted a year but dumped more draft picks in the process.
I’m not convinced Payton is the answer. I’m also not saying he isn’t the answer. Just thinking about different processes to compensate NO if that hire comes to pass.

The Payton interview was today, no?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players cannot be a part of the trade for Payton. Just monetary and draft capital. Or at least that’s what I read

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t really thrilled with the idea of giving up a first rounder for Payton, but with all the dysfunction on this team that has some talent, we need an established guy. Plus, who knows, maybe he can get the most out of Wilson

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t really thrilled with the idea of giving up a first rounder for Payton, but with all the dysfunction on this team that has some talent, we need an established guy. Plus, who knows, maybe he can get the most out of Wilson
Payton won with a short QB - that's the key to the whole deal. ;)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st and a 3rd is max I'd be willing to offer up for Payton. What's max 4u?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most media outlets are predicting that the Broncos are the front runner in getting Sean Payton as their new coach. We could soon find ourselves having to navigate conversations carefully when discussing Payton, Paton or Peyton.

Coach, G.O.A.T. and scapegoat.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina owner has pretty much stated he will give Payton anything he wants and asks for.