• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dennis Green Passes Away at the age of 67

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad news, he was a good coach , I"ll never forget "they are who we thought they were" speech after that tough loss to the Bears... RIP Coach Green ....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very good coach

unfortunately more remembered for a sound byte meltdown

But, he was actually very cool with it and liked the silly internet Memes and Youtube parodies.

RIP

"If you want to crown them...."

That was an original, but did anyone really know what he meant by "they are who we thought they were" ??
:pissed:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP coach - too young

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ain't that good. We should've won, it was our fault we lost.

I agreed with him.

I get the speculations, but no one really knows what he actually meant....They are who we thought they were, Uh the winner Denny !!
I'm just sayin'...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
"Calcutta clipper"...lol
RIP Denny Green.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach of my favorite fantasy football game. The Bears are who we thought the were one. I was getting killed and went into MNF with Chicago D/ST. My opponent had Grossman (who was playing well up to that game). My D got me within 1 point of a tie. Rex had -2 points to give me the win.

Really liked his Vikings teams too.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the speculations, but no one really knows what he actually meant....They are who we thought they were, Uh the winner Denny !!
I'm just sayin'...

He meant that they had a great game plan and were well prepared for the Bears. He was right and it should have been enough to win.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He meant that they had a great game plan and were well prepared for the Bears. He was right and it should have been enough to win.

But it wasn't good enough so his plan was flawed, hence we still don't know exactly what he meant....
I think he was just venting and instead of just saying we had them beat and blew it, he went on that tirade and tried talking in riddles....It really makes no good sense, they are who we thought they were, if they were, he would have beaten them, but he didn't...
Nice guy, very entertaining, mediocre at best HC, if we're being real....

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this. :L

Too bad.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it wasn't good enough so his plan was flawed, hence we still don't know exactly what he meant....
I think he was just venting and instead of just saying we had them beat and blew it, he went on that tirade and tried talking in riddles....It really makes no good sense, they are who we thought they were, if they were, he would have beaten them, but he didn't...
Nice guy, very entertaining, mediocre at best HC, if we're being real....

It wasn't just a comeback though. There were some crazy bounces in that game, that's what made it so memorable. I remember thinking, "how the fuck did the Cards just lose that game?" I'm sure he was thinking that x1000. One of the most memorable non Seahawks games I can think of.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just a comeback though. There were some crazy bounces in that game, that's what made it so memorable. I remember thinking, "how the fuck did the Cards just lose that game?" I'm sure he was thinking that x1000. One of the most memorable non Seahawks games I can think of.

I don't remember watching it, but I know how he felt, we lost two 14 point leads in a playoff game against NE 2 yrs ago....We dominated 3 qtrs and then it happened, the ghost of ruin showed up and switched the momentum....
It was a stunning loss, didn't know who to be mad at, the Pats for now illegal play calling, refs or our secondary for going out for pizza.....But time is a friend to those type of games...
Come on Sept, I need a football fix....:D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, but with the ill timed turn-overs the Cards let the Bears off the hook.