• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demaryius Thomas has had as bad of a game as I have seen a WR have.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny really wanted to play for Brady or Manning. The year before we signed Manny he signed a 1 year offer sheet with New England that Pittsburgh matched.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker isn't on the team anymore. And as someone else already pointed out, they couldn't cut him last year because of the cap hit.

Decker is a good player but Denver couldn't afford to pay him what he wanted. Simple as that.

All I got to say is link ?Because last years of contracts with players are easy to get out of with usually no dead money ..or very little ..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Decker debate was never an issue to Denver about his talent level. Decker is a touchdown maker and still playing well. It was an issue about the money he would demand and our impending free agents why we let him walk. It wasn't due to his play.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those TD's and his ST's was well worth what he was paid ..I will not ever understand that he was let go . So I will just drop it but he should of been kept in my mind to off set the lose of JT .

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those TD's and his ST's was well worth what he was paid ..I will not ever understand that he was let go . So I will just drop it but he should of been kept in my mind to off set the lose of JT .
Special teams would have been better if he didn't have a habit of tripping on blades of grass during returns....

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was really my only beef with Decker... Guy was so careless, but really a good football player. I see why we let him walk we couldn't afford to sign him to the deal the Jets did with our impending FA's and with Sanders knocking on our door step, but all around Decker is a solid WR.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams would have been better if he didn't have a habit of tripping on blades of grass during returns....

Nope that was a kick to his foot by Bolden . Lucas queue the Decker gets tripped by Bolden video .. that was one of the reasons I suggested it to DC to suggest Bolden to do to stay on team He and Decker was running step for step in unison he grazed Decker and put him on the ground . That and because of his blazing speed ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldens short speed is better but Decker was wayyyyy belter finding open field.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the top video is the one ..look at Bolden throwing his hands around he got to close he kicked ED inside of his foot

When they cross the feet meet

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the top video is the one ..look at Bolden throwing his hands around he got to close he kicked ED inside of his foot

When they cross the feet meet
Not really. Scifres got closer to him than Bolden does. There's another angle that shows Bolden was already past him when he trips. No matter though, I thought it was funny more than anything.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're beating dead horses, I fully agree with Stinky

I was happy when Decker went elsewhere

Mark Schlereth:

Decker in my mind was your fourth option in Denver and that’s the talent I think he has,” Schlereth said on 98.7 ESPN Radio. “I think he’s a marginal No. 2 at best.”

Schlereth said Decker benefitted from the Broncos’ system the last two years, when he had 85 and 87 catches. He said teams had to cover Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas and Wes Welker last year, leaving Decker open.

“The worst cover guy you have on your defense is assigned to Eric Decker every week,” Schlereth said. “New York will go crazy watching him be covered 1-on-1 and incomplete passes, throwing his arms up, begging for flags. I’m telling you New York, get ready, begging for flags like, ‘I was interfered with. That’s the only reason I didn’t catch that ball’ every play and then tripping over his own feet. Going for a big play and all of a sudden the turf monster gets him, bam, sniper, down. It will drive you crazy. It will absolutely drive you crazy.”

Schlereth was asked if new Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders is better.

“They’re not even in the same stratosphere. It’s not close,”

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had this discussion over at KFFL, and as much as I didn't like Decker, I think I might give him the benefit of the doubt as far as getting tapped by Bolden ... It's close, but it happens fast ..

In the view posted by WalkerBoh, you can see Bolden throw his head back and hands up as if saying "oh sh!t" - perhaps an indication that they did tangle up

It was a good return nonetheless

Eric-Decker-Turf-Monster.gif

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DC, can you get on the horn and ask Omar if he remembers that play ??

Did he tap into Decker ??

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it plainly

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I got to say is link ?Because last years of contracts with players are easy to get out of with usually no dead money ..or very little ..

Here you go Crash...If you scroll down a bit it shows the dead money in the deal.

Wes Welker

If you don't want to look I can just tell you that cutting him before the 2nd year would have resulted in an $8 million cap hit. So essentially cutting Welker and signing Decker would have cost the team $12 million with the $4 million for the first year of Decker's contract. Have to remember also Elway would have never signed him to a contract like that. He hates doing the whole Signing Bonus thing as he doesn't want to get burned by a bad deal and stuck with the player. So probably about a $15 million cap hit between the 2 with only one of them being on the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Decker himself. He was a decent but not great player getting ready to be played like a great player. Elway has shown you just can't make those kind of decisions and expect to compete for long. As shown above Decker was given very favorable match ups yet there were entire games where he just disappeared. He was terrible at getting off press coverage. I figured a guy of his size and strength should be able to fight through that but honestly he seemed more worried about getting a flag instead of fighting for the ball. I remember one play where he just almost stopped mid route to look at the ref to see the ball then land 5 yards in front of him. I mean it was a touchdown if he would have just kept fighting through. That to me was the point that I said "please don't sign this guy long term."

Again loved when we had him as he was great in the Red Zone but just not the long-term solution at WR. I will say though Sanders is a whole new story. Really hoping we find a way to keep him. I"m worried though that because we already signed DT to a huge contract that Sanders will have to be let walk.