• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demaryius Thomas has had as bad of a game as I have seen a WR have.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erick Decker in this System was worth what NYJ paid for him !

We paid how damn much for an old over the hill WR and let Decker go .. So for 1 lousy million more we could of had Decker DT and Sanders . I stand buy that thought process !
Who is old and over the hill and did you see Decker drop an easy TD pass yesterday?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is old and over the hill and did you see Decker drop an easy TD pass yesterday?

well I don't think one game is quite fair ...and yes Wes Welker was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the hill

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erik Decker was damn nice to have I will not knock him ! To the one that would rather have Welker go wash glasses off in the sink Decker in the red zone was darn nice to have add in his ST's he was worth it also great blocker !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His game was well rounded maybe not a Number one WR still worth what he was paid

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erick Decker in this System was worth what NYJ paid for him !

We paid how damn much for an old over the hill WR and let Decker go .. So for 1 lousy million more we could of had Decker DT and Sanders . I stand buy that thought process !

What in the heck are you talking about? Decker cost way more than $1 million a year. If he's here Denver doesn't have Sanders.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to DT, I agree it was an embarrassing day. But his one catch was absolutely critical. I don't think any other receiver for the Broncos makes that catch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the heck are you talking about? Decker cost way more than $1 million a year. If he's here Denver doesn't have Sanders.

I think what he is trying to say is the team could have cut Welker and signed Decker for the same money that Welker was making plus $1 million more so if that were the case then the team could have had DT, Sanders, and Decker just for $1 million more last year than what we were paying to have DT, Welker, and Sanders. The problem with this narrative is two-fold. First 58Crash I don't think you are accounting for dead money. In that 2nd year of the deal cutting Welker would have resulted in a $5 million dead money hit if I remember right. So they were kind of locked in for that 2nd year of the contract. Next would be to remember that with signing Decker that is a multi-year deal where with Welker you are only locked in for that one more year. The Broncos looked ahead and realized they were going to have to give big contracts to DT, Miller, and others. They decided those players are a higher priority than that of Decker.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say - Latimer's stock is going way up from what I've seen - he makes plays - special teams - WR and downfield blocking.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Latimer return punts?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets all hope his beast will start to wake up !!!!

He is .. but you have to admit he is playing 1000 times better than he did as a Steeler ..Besides I was pissed not keeping ED I changed my tone after I cooled off in a couple days and said I liked it to replace Wes Welker I was right as rain on this And I will stand on that ! Decker should of been kept I stand by that also ..Welker would of been a brilliant Cut I was right !!!!!!!

I would take Latimer and / or Fowler over Decker every day of the week

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think next year will be Sanders' last year with us, he's gonna demand big money and I doubt we have enough space to pay him and DT big salaries especially with all the defensive guys we have too.

Could be right. I am not worried about that right now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets all hope his beast will start to wake up !!!!

He is .. but you have to admit he is playing 1000 times better than he did as a Steeler ..Besides I was pissed not keeping ED I changed my tone after I cooled off in a couple days and said I liked it to replace Wes Welker I was right as rain on this And I will stand on that ! Decker should of been kept I stand by that also ..Welker would of been a brilliant Cut I was right !!!!!!!

I would agree that he is playing much better as a Bronco then a Steeler and the reason for that is that he has been much healthier in Denver. He's had some bruises here and there while with Denver, but he had the foot issue with Pitt where he couldn't stay healthy. That was my argument with you when we signed him. He is a great player just wasn't healthy in Pitt.

But no doubt about it. He has finally shown the flashes I saw him show in college since getting to Denver. He showed the big play ability at Pitt but never got his shot to start there (was always the 3rd guy) and was often hurt.

We just gotta embrace and appreciate him here. :)

Sanders was a late blooming draft prospect on my radar. Really it wasn't until his bowl game where I just fell in love with him as an NFL draft prospect. He was much like Brandon Marshall to me. Where late in his career he just fell off the charts to me on film.

Glad we were able to experience both in Denver.

Just really happy to have Manny doing big things in Denver.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I KNOW YOU CAN READ ... IF YOU CUT wELkER you have money he was getting and in doing so spend it on Decker. Welker cost 6.somthing mill for what ? My head is brused and oh buy the way I am in trouble for being a dip stick ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Latimer and / or Fowler over Decker every day of the week

Maybe in time we were trying to win a SB you go with what will win now and develop those same players for later ..as we are doing ..I was not talking about those guys ? I was talking Cutting Welker and keeping Decker .. that should of been done Youth like Decker should of been kept instead of long in the tooth Welker!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
p
I think what he is trying to say is the team could have cut Welker and signed Decker for the same money that Welker was making plus $1 million more so if that were the case then the team could have had DT, Sanders, and Decker just for $1 million more last year than what we were paying to have DT, Welker, and Sanders. The problem with this narrative is two-fold. First 58Crash I don't think you are accounting for dead money. In that 2nd year of the deal cutting Welker would have resulted in a $5 million dead money hit if I remember right. So they were kind of locked in for that 2nd year of the contract. Next would be to remember that with signing Decker that is a multi-year deal where with Welker you are only locked in for that one more year. The Broncos looked ahead and realized they were going to have to give big contracts to DT, Miller, and others. They decided those players are a higher priority than that of Decker.

There was some dead money I don't remember to how much but it was nt to bad it was his last year so at the most 2 mill we should of kept Decker Welker was arm pit that year.[/QUOTE]

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I KNOW YOU CAN READ ... IF YOU CUT wELkER you have money he was getting and in doing so spend it on Decker. Welker cost 6.somthing mill for what ? My head is brused and oh buy the way I am in trouble for being a dip stick ..
Welker isn't on the team anymore. And as someone else already pointed out, they couldn't cut him last year because of the cap hit.

Decker is a good player but Denver couldn't afford to pay him what he wanted. Simple as that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Denver even made and offer to Decker. They had Sanders rated higher in FA than Decker.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Denver even made and offer to Decker. They had Sanders rated higher in FA than Decker.
My memory was like this:
We never offered Decker a contract
We had Sanders rated highly, but expected he would be out of our price range
We tried to sign LeFell but didn't come to an agreement and he signed with Pats
Chiefs were on the verge of signing Manny and he was in KC when we made a last second push and he jumped at the chance to play with Manning (WR Heaven he called it) rather than Smith in KC.

Simply my recollection...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geo has a great memory and that was correct.