• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Delay the AFC Championship game until Mahomes can play

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any reason to ignore reality in this situation. The Superbowl is two weeks away, so a game could be pushed back a couple days if need be. Talking what is best for business and everyone into pro football.

Hell yes the NFL can step outside the box if it makes good business sense, and this does.

The last thing the NFL needs is a game this important not deliverying the goods when it could have with just a little creativity.

I made my point, need to back off now don't need to be accused of opinon spamming. See ya!
Yeah you kind of sound like a broken record, but you probably won't change a lot of opinions here, just as we can't not change yours.

Guess we'll see how it plays out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about making it very obvious that unless it is a conference championship game with the SB two weeks away so there is some wiggle room there to get it right. Obviously when playing the following week you can't do anything with games.

This.....oh no we can't do this or that......is silly, hell yes ya can. Hell, NFL football on a Monday, a Thursday,....nay!!!!

Just can’t do it, you can’t delay sporting events because someone is injured, other players will start crying in the future if they’re hurt.... Like I was saying it’s opening a Pandora’s box ...

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Redskins-Bucs playoff game, Alex Smith, who would have started for the Skins, was hurt. Heineke stepped up and played well, but he wasn't he hoped-for starter. Where was Colon Cow Pie then? Should that game have been postponed? It was a playoff game and just as important to the teams involved -- lose and you go home.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mahomes plays, he'll likely be instructed not to run under any condition as one hit could end his day. Besides the concussion, he has a previous toe injury that restricts his mobility. Mahomes makes a lot of plays out on the edge when he scrambles. If he's restricted that should allow the Bills to adjust their defenses. Expect some early blitzes to test his mobility.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course this stupid shit came from Fox News.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Redskins-Bucs playoff game, Alex Smith, who would have started for the Skins, was hurt. Heineke stepped up and played well, but he wasn't he hoped-for starter. Where was Colon Cow Pie then? Should that game have been postponed? It was a playoff game and just as important to the teams involved -- lose and you go home.

That is my thoughts on this. This is not the first time an important player has been hurt for a game but now because this is the great Mahomes things need to stop until he is healthy? It is bullshit play the game no matter what the situation is for each team. I feel Buffalo will win even if Mahomes is 100% healthy. The Cheifs this year are not the Cheifs of last year.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people think Mahomes is going to be out? He's been practicing this week and expierencing no symptoms.

Maybe the independent concussion doctor that has to clear Mahomes is a Raider or Bronco fan

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he shouldn't run as much...............

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd take Buffalo either way . KC has been winning but they just look off. Almost disinterested .
From the start of the season I've had the Chiefs to repeat as SB champs, so I'm not going to abandon ship now. But I have to agree here that something about their play of late has not quite added up to bringing home another trophy. Buffalo's gonna be a damn good test, that's for sure. They're operating on all cylinders at the moment. I'm looking forward to both games Sunday.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some funny shit for sure. :pound: :pound:

Maybe the brilliant coach should not call a play where the QB runs when he already had a bum foot

NFL should delay AFC Championship game until Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes can play, Colin Cowherd says​

Mahomes sustained a concussion last week after getting tackled to the ground by Browns’ linebacker Mack Wilson​

The Kansas City Chiefs are facing the possibility that star quarterback Patrick Mahomes won’t be cleared from concussion protocol in time for Sunday’s AFC Championship game against the Buffalo Bills, but Fox Sports radio host Colin Cowherd thinks the NFL should make it so that doesn’t happen.

The longtime radio host suggested Tuesday that the league should delay the game until Mahomes is healthy enough to play.

"We want Mahomes against Josh Allen, right?" Cowherd said on "The Herd" show. "That's reasonable. And I'm sitting here this morning thinking if I'm the NFL, Patrick Mahomes is going through protocol. I find the day Patrick Mahomes can play -- and that's when we play. Why not?"

He has no symptoms and will undergo tolerance tests, but there’s no certainty that he’ll be cleared to play against the Bills on Sunday.
Cowherd is a blowhard who just spews shit out of his mouth to see if he can get a reaction.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys win the SB this year if the NFL does the right thing and delays the season until Dak is healthy again.
This I can agree with. Well the return of Dak and much much much better defensive play.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a long time fan who wants what is best for the game. Not in favor of having to hear.........well if Mahomes had played.
I wish they postponed the SB with Philly till Wentz was healthy, Foles the backup would have not won the SB and Pats would have another Lombardi

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they postponed the SB with Philly till Wentz was healthy, Foles the backup would have not won the SB and Pats would have another Lombardi
I wish they delayed the entire season Brady was out. You know until he was healthy.

Oh and the should've delayed the season during his suspension.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While, as a long time Chiefs fan, I'd like the team to be at full strength, I do not want the game postponed. Especially for an injury.
For the rona? Sure. Delay it because that's a special issue. But not a common injury to any player.