• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Delay the AFC Championship game until Mahomes can play

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, if you want to see Chad Henne play, cool. I don't and neither does anyone else.

The NFL is a business/$$$$$, trust me the best thing for business isn't Chad Henne.

Bills 24 Chiefs 7 at half time, Henne is sucking, so there goes all those viewers, all those sponsers not happy.
wrong.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I seriously doubt that.

Playing we must play the game when it is scheduled.......why?

All it would take is too many with the virus to prove that yes a game can be delayed.

Look man, give the fans the best ya got, if that means playing a game on Tuesday instead of Sunday then do it.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a long time fan who wants what is best for the game. Not in favor of having to hear.........well if Mahomes had played.
Sorry disagree. Football is a team sport and if a player is unable to play, the rest of the team needs to step up, in their absence.

It's great seeing Pat M play, but I don't think he should be given any special privileges if he is unable.

I don't think the league should interfere, it sets a bad precedence.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry disagree. Football is a team sport and if a player is unable to play, the rest of the team needs to step up, in their absence.

It's great seeing Pat M play, but I don't think he should be given any special privileges if he is unable.

I don't think the league should interfere, it sets a bad precedence.

I don't see any reason to ignore reality in this situation. The Superbowl is two weeks away, so a game could be pushed back a couple days if need be. Talking what is best for business and everyone into pro football.

Hell yes the NFL can step outside the box if it makes good business sense, and this does.

The last thing the NFL needs is a game this important not deliverying the goods when it could have with just a little creativity.

I made my point, need to back off now don't need to be accused of opinon spamming. See ya!

Last edited:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Henne beat the bills and shut everyone up about it.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the 31 other teams who experienced key hurt players during the season would love to have waited until they returned turning their losing record to a playoff birth.

So if Mahommes gets hurt in the 2qtr do we postpone the game until he can play?, C'mon Colin

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I was going to jump in here on this ridiculous argument then I remember my dad’s advice...
never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, if you want to see Chad Henne play, cool. I don't and neither does anyone else.

The NFL is a business/$$$$$, trust me the best thing for business isn't Chad Henne.

Bills 24 Chiefs 7 at half time, Henne is sucking, so there goes all those viewers, all those sponsers not happy.
I didn't want to watch Cam play this year but I did. Next man up the game goes on.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe this is actually a discussion...Does any sport delay games because of injuries?

"Clayton Kershaw's back is bothering him, let's push tonight's game back to next Monday"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short answer, there is a 99% chance Mahomes starts. Took full snaps. Chiefs lazily had him as a full participant designation until realizing that was against the rules due to protocol, and then switched it to limited participant.

The hyperventilation is just that, hyperventilation until proven otherwise.
So the Chiefs are cheating? If Mahomes is in the NFL Concussion Protocol, the Chiefs have broken ever y rule.

Then again, KC is the only team that's had more than 5700 people at every home gme because they got a "waiver" from the Mossourie Governor. This past weekend they broke every Covid protocol with packed fans at all levels, no masks and no "social distancing" but the league apparently wants to make sure that the Hunts get as much money as possible.

We live in a time where people have a lot time on their hands and I'm surprised that someone hasn't found a desperate lawyer and filed a lawsuit. Then again, they probably have and got bought off.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL moves games around to get a better game/$$$$, this is no different. No need to ignore what is obviously best for the game. Do what it takes to give us fans the best games.

Hell, how many places have the Rams been, the Raiders in Oakland, then LA, then Oakland, now Las Vegas. Hell the Cowboys started out in the western conference. The Saints and Falcons in the west?

Ask the Bills if they really want to deal with beating a Mahomes less team.
They would say no but would really think yes if it means going to the SB.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me thinks you want Mahomes to start. He has a bum foot and a bell that was just rung.
If you send everybody in the 1st QTR, ..you will have a QB under severe duress.

Henne's last 2 games seem to play well enough that I'm not sure you want him to start.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if the league doesn't already help out Mahomes enough.....

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will either be cleared by Sunday or "cleared" by sunday so it doesnt matter either way

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the idea that the game is going to stink if Henne is playing but what Cowherd is proposing is nonsense. Injuries is what knocks about 1/3 of the teams out of the race every year. Two of Andy Reid's worst Chiefs playoff collapses have involved Chiefs players getting carted off the field. Its not the first or last time a football game will get hurt because of injuries if it does happen.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make up Covid positive test rules on the fly. They push games off. But, Covid isn't part of the NFL rulebook.

Concussions are. The rules specify the actions. Postponing games because a key player gets his bell wrung is not part of the game.

I don't recall them stopping the Buffalo-Baltimore game for a quarterback concussion a couple of weeks ago. What's the difference here?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some funny shit for sure. :pound: :pound:

Maybe the brilliant coach should not call a play where the QB runs when he already had a bum foot

NFL should delay AFC Championship game until Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes can play, Colin Cowherd says​

Mahomes sustained a concussion last week after getting tackled to the ground by Browns’ linebacker Mack Wilson​

The Kansas City Chiefs are facing the possibility that star quarterback Patrick Mahomes won’t be cleared from concussion protocol in time for Sunday’s AFC Championship game against the Buffalo Bills, but Fox Sports radio host Colin Cowherd thinks the NFL should make it so that doesn’t happen.

The longtime radio host suggested Tuesday that the league should delay the game until Mahomes is healthy enough to play.

"We want Mahomes against Josh Allen, right?" Cowherd said on "The Herd" show. "That's reasonable. And I'm sitting here this morning thinking if I'm the NFL, Patrick Mahomes is going through protocol. I find the day Patrick Mahomes can play -- and that's when we play. Why not?"

He has no symptoms and will undergo tolerance tests, but there’s no certainty that he’ll be cleared to play against the Bills on Sunday.
Seems pretty clear the Colin Cow Head knows absolutely nothing about sports.