• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Delay the AFC Championship game until Mahomes can play

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some funny shit for sure. :pound: :pound:

Maybe the brilliant coach should not call a play where the QB runs when he already had a bum foot

NFL should delay AFC Championship game until Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes can play, Colin Cowherd says​

Mahomes sustained a concussion last week after getting tackled to the ground by Browns’ linebacker Mack Wilson​

The Kansas City Chiefs are facing the possibility that star quarterback Patrick Mahomes won’t be cleared from concussion protocol in time for Sunday’s AFC Championship game against the Buffalo Bills, but Fox Sports radio host Colin Cowherd thinks the NFL should make it so that doesn’t happen.

The longtime radio host suggested Tuesday that the league should delay the game until Mahomes is healthy enough to play.

"We want Mahomes against Josh Allen, right?" Cowherd said on "The Herd" show. "That's reasonable. And I'm sitting here this morning thinking if I'm the NFL, Patrick Mahomes is going through protocol. I find the day Patrick Mahomes can play -- and that's when we play. Why not?"

He has no symptoms and will undergo tolerance tests, but there’s no certainty that he’ll be cleared to play against the Bills on Sunday.

Last edited:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd take Buffalo either way . KC has been winning but they just look off. Almost disinterested .

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Bills fan wants to hear.......ok so ya beat our back up QB, if Mahomes shad been there........yep, none of them. With the SB two weeks away do what is best for the game within reason. I want to see Mahomes play, how about you?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL probably paid him to say it......

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings wise and for the NFL to put the best product out on the field it does make sense to delay a day or so. I couldn't see this happening for a regular season game or even a wild card or divisional playoff game, but for the NFC/AFC Championship game....I get what Cowherd is saying.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Mahomes to play as much as the next guy but this is without a doubt, the stupidest idea ever.

So after Henne throws three picks and the Bills win the game, then beats the Packers, it's.........If Mahomes hadn't got hurt.

Nay!

If he can play by Tuesday, then wait until Tuesday.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see him play, but play for many years of a successful career. If he is not ready, its not worth it for a single game.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL moves games around to get a better game/$$$$, this is no different. No need to ignore what is obviously best for the game. Do what it takes to give us fans the best games.

Hell, how many places have the Rams been, the Raiders in Oakland, then LA, then Oakland, now Las Vegas. Hell the Cowboys started out in the western conference. The Saints and Falcons in the west?

Ask the Bills if they really want to deal with beating a Mahomes less team.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can’t play that’s just the way it is, you can’t postpone a game for 1 player, even if that player is a key guy ... Also, consider Covid, every team is playing with the possibility of a positive test and a player sitting out ...

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can’t play that’s just the way it is, you can’t postpone a game for 1 player, even if that player is a key guy ... Also, consider Covid, every team is playing with the possibility of a positive test and a player sitting out ...

Sure ya can, where does it say ya can't?

I gurantee if Mahomes doesn't play and the Chiefs lose, this season will be..........well if Mahomes hadn't been injured.....no matter who wins the SB, do we really need that?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after Henne throws three picks and the Bills win the game, then beats the Packers, it's.........If Mahomes hadn't got hurt.

Nay!

If he can play by Tuesday, then wait until Tuesday.

You can’t start delaying games because of injuries, that would send a terrible message and open a Pandora’s box for future delay’s ...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t they label it a neck injury? From my understanding he is in concussion protocol but since it wasn’t labeled a concussion he will be able to play even if he warms up the way the Manning’s look.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t start delaying games because of injuries, that would send a terrible message and open a Pandora’s box for future delay’s ...

Can’t believe this is actually a discussion...Does any sport delay games because of injuries?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about making it very obvious that unless it is a conference championship game with the SB two weeks away so there is some wiggle room there to get it right. Obviously when playing the following week you can't do anything with games.

This.....oh no we can't do this or that......is silly, hell yes ya can. Hell, NFL football on a Monday, a Thursday,....nay!!!!