• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Del Zotto Trade Approaching?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the whipping boy. No matter what blame seems to fall on him. If they trade him they better get a good offensive dman or else they'll be hurting at the point. BTW, such dmen are rare & not easy to trade for. Maybe trading Del Zotto isn't really worth it?

Exactly what he is, meanwhile half the team is worse than him but they all praise them, i'm not saying DZ is Chara by any means, but he's certainly not some scrub who doesn't belong in the NHL. We're talking about a kid who came in his rookie year scored 38 points, followed it up with 41 and then didn't get off to a hot start, he still has the offensive game in him, just fully hasn't come out yet.

Trading him is okay if it helps the offense and if Allen/McIlrath are really ready to step up and play.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what he is, meanwhile half the team is worse than him but they all praise them, i'm not saying DZ is Chara by any means, but he's certainly not some scrub who doesn't belong in the NHL. We're talking about a kid who came in his rookie year scored 38 points, followed it up with 41 and then didn't get off to a hot start, he still has the offensive game in him, just fully hasn't come out yet.

Trading him is okay if it helps the offense and if Allen/McIlrath are really ready to step up and play.

I agree that DZ takes more blame then he should be he has been playing pretty bad this year. and with the glut of Dmen that we have he is expendable. If it can get us more offense I am all for it.

I would package Haglin DZ and Zucc for a big time winger.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that DZ takes more blame then he should be he has been playing pretty bad this year. and with the glut of Dmen that we have he is expendable. If it can get us more offense I am all for it.

I would package Haglin DZ and Zucc for a big time winger.

McIlrath hasn't proven anything that makes me believe he is NHL ready, maybe Allen, Falk sucks, Johnson is ehh, Skjei is years away, it's not as great as everybody thinks it is. Only move DZ if it a vauluable move and will benefit to the team, not just because he is off to a shaky start. If they made deals based off that, half the team should/would be moved. He's 22 years old, he's young.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McIlrath hasn't proven anything that makes me believe he is NHL ready, maybe Allen, Falk sucks, Johnson is ehh, Skjei is years away, it's not as great as everybody thinks it is. Only move DZ if it a vauluable move and will benefit to the team, not just because he is off to a shaky start. If they made deals based off that, half the team should/would be moved. He's 22 years old, he's young.

Im not saying give him away but we have a pretty good top 4 then Stralman is serviceable. So if it ment getting a big time winger who can put the puck in the net I would be more then willing to give up DZ. I think Falk, Mcllrath or even Bickel can step into the number six defense spot.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to the Rangers' success (other than Hank) seems to be the core of 4 (Staal, McDonagh, Girardi, & Del Zotto). I wouldn't mess that up just for a winger unless it's some superstar winger.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Patches may be available, I would send DZ + Miller to Montreal for Patches in a heartbeat.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if Montreal needs that type of dman with Subban, Markov, & Diaz tho. I would trade with a team that's in need of an offensive dman.

inthecrease

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think most of us knew he wasnt worth the 10th overall pick when we took him. I dont understand why Sather is so bad at drafting.

Sather is bad at drafting because he depends upon inept scouts.
When it comes to the Rangers, everybody worries about the system
the coach incorporates for his players on the ice. THE REAL PROBLEM
is a very inadequate system on the managerial side of this hockey
organization. Compare the Ranger organization with the likes of
Detroit Red Wings and Boston Bruins. Ranger organization is not
about exemplary hockey, it is always about money. With their owner
and GM, Rangers will continually be skating in circles.

inthecrease

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan, Kreider, Hagelin, Stepan, Staal, Sauer, Del Zotto, Miller, Dubi, Artie....

Since Gordie Clarke took over the drafting has been better. So because McIlrath hasn't panned out we use the word ''another''? You're wrong here, dude...

Ever wonder why Mr. Sather seldom keeps some of these "good" hockey players on Rangers.........
because they are average at best, dude. The above players will not get the Rangers
to the next level. Do you forsee a Stanley Cup with this group.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever wonder why Mr. Sather seldom keeps some of these "good" hockey players on Rangers.........
because they are average at best, dude. The above players will not get the Rangers

I have a lot of faith that Cally, Stephan, Girardi, Staal and Lunqvist can lead us to a cup. Krieder give it another year will be a top forward. If you can replace Zucc, the Krieder Stephan line will be one of the best.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sather's problem is that he makes such drastic moves every year it shakes up the chemistry. Rangers always seem to be led by a new star, a new coach, meanwhile he can't decide if it's a team built for now or the future. Must make things confusing for everyone else. I don't think the players such, I think the guy just makes things uncomfortable for everyone. No one could ever get into a groove on the team, and if they do they become trade bait.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Staal is one of the best defensemen in the league, find me a better leader than Cally, not many. This team can win a cup with one more big move.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair Luongo has had a better career then Dipetro. Even today on TV Milbury does seem like a giant A-hole. Not that Sather has been as bad as that but Hugh Jessiman was the last player in that draft to play in the NHL next pick was Dustin Brown. Giroux was taken right after our pick and he keeps drafting defenseman in the first round yet we havent had an offense in NY since he first traded for Jagr.

Kreider & Miller were 1st round picks recently for the Rangers. Sather has been living off is Oilers days. Things just aren't the same. Teams can't really hide players anymore. There are scouts everywhere. I don't wish Milbury on any team, but I'd be very happy if he were to leave TV & get a job for some club as long as it's NOT the Islanders.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kreider & Miller were 1st round picks recently for the Rangers. Sather has been living off is Oilers days. Things just aren't the same. Teams can't really hide players anymore. There are scouts everywhere. I don't wish Milbury on any team, but I'd be very happy if he were to leave TV & get a job for some club as long as it's NOT the Islanders.

Hopefully someone in the Metro right so he can make them suck.

inthecrease

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Coyotes should be laughing at anyone. considering it took a desperate attempt by the league to get an owner that would keep them in AZ. They havent won a cup even as the Jets and have a long history of not being very good.

You say the Rangers are the Cubs but considering the Kings only won last year San Jose Vancouver Yotes, Blues all have no Stanley Cups.

It is true the west is a bit stronger then the East this year but only one team can play for the cup in each conference

What a funny and ridiculous retort.:lol: How long have the Rangers been a hockey
franchise? FOREVER...1926. Making an analogy with likes of San Jose, Vancouver, Coyotes
& Blues is truly laughable....considering when they joined the NHL. Yet, each of these teams
is superior to the Ranger's NHL ranking. Rangers are ensconced as a very average, ordinary
hockey club. The players they have developed are of the same ilk.....small, fast with
little power and limited scoring ability, and their big bodied players are soft in the power
aspect of the game. Their management is totally clueless as to a 'direction or plan'.
Sather is all over the place; hired by 'an also clueless owner'. Sather's 15 year tenure
has been an absolute failure. When first hired he promised a regenerated 5 year program.
He was constantly trading Ranger youth for past prime hockey players. Result = nothing.
Then he decides the team will go with youth. Under his regime, he has not drafted well
to help the team reach the "next level". Now he's trading draft picks for talent, and still
no Stanley Cup. What a horrible mess. He is a psychological horror for every Ranger fan.

Give me a team with stable management and I am happy. Thank goodness for the
Detroit Red Wings.:10:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a funny and ridiculous retort.:lol: How long have the Rangers been a hockey
franchise? FOREVER...1926. Making an analogy with likes of San Jose, Vancouver, Coyotes
& Blues is truly laughable....considering when they joined the NHL. Yet, each of these teams
is superior to the Ranger's NHL ranking. Rangers are ensconced as a very average, ordinary
hockey club. The players they have developed are of the same ilk.....small, fast with
little power and limited scoring ability, and their big bodied players are soft in the power
aspect of the game. Their management is totally clueless as to a 'direction or plan'.
Sather is all over the place; hired by 'an also clueless owner'. Sather's 15 year tenure
has been an absolute failure. When first hired he promised a regenerated 5 year program.
He was constantly trading Ranger youth for past prime hockey players. Result = nothing.
Then he decides the team will go with youth. Under his regime, he has not drafted well
to help the team reach the "next level". Now he's trading draft picks for talent, and still
no Stanley Cup. What a horrible mess. He is a psychological horror for every Ranger fan.

Give me a team with stable management and I am happy. Thank goodness for the
Detroit Red Wings.:10:

and the Rangers have 4 Stanley Cups went the Cup finals Seven times have been in the Playoffs more times then not.

Chicago on the other hand even with the two recent cups have 5

Boston has 6

Canucks Blues Kings been in the league over 40 years 1 cup. won 2 years ago. yet you call the Rangers who have won with in the last 40 years the Cubs, and your calling me the ridiculous one.

So your basing the entire history of the Rangers franchise as the Rankings currently stand ohh yea thats smart. Unless your talking about the Value of the team, if that is what you ment you are still wrong

New York Rangers - In Photos: NHL Team Values 2013 - Forbes

We are the second most valuable behind the Maple Leafs.

Since I can tell you know nothing of the Rangers team Im not even going to try to argue the players.

Sather can be a dumbass yes and sign some stupid FA but Gave up nothing for Nash Gave up nothing for McDonagh. Got a first and a second round pick for Leetch who retired a year later. Even the Pavel Bure trade wasnt that bad at the time. Only truly terrible trade I can think of is for Eric Lindros.

As far as drafting he drafted Lundqvist Del Zotto Staal Cally Haglien Kreider Derek Stephan

Also signed Girardi Zuccarello and Talbot as Undrafted FA.

So really all we need is for Sather to hit on some first round draft picks.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glen Sather is continuing to shop Michael Del Zotto and the Toronto Maple Leafs are among the teams who have some level of interest (Dreger Report).
The return the Rangers are asking for, a young defenseman, may be too much for the Maple Leafs but with the Rangers searching for a right hand shot defenseman, Cody Franson could be a target (Dreger Report).
The Ottawa Senators still have some interest in Del Zotto but rookie Cody Ceci has lessened their need to acquire a puck moving defenseman (Pierre LeBrun and Dreger Report).

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners

I would really like this deal, we need another RH dman

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is continued interest among NHL teams in acquiring Toronto defenseman Jake Gardiner. (Darren Dreger on TSN 1050)
The price for Gardiner all season has been a top-six forward but Dave Nonis may eventually decide to flip Gardiner for another defenseman. (Dreger)
When it comes to the Rangers and the Leafs, Dreger says “I know the New York Rangers, guys, have been consistent. I know that Slats phoned yesterday and he is looking for the same suspects, Jake Gardiner and Cody Franson and I think they would prefer, the Rangers that is, Cody Franson because he is a big right shot defenseman but if Toronto trades Cody Franson, regardless of his contract situation then they will be looking for a right shot defenseman. At some point I think that there will be a team that will find the magic formula and Jake Gardiner will be part of a trade package.”

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners