• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Del Zotto Trade Approaching?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Maloney drafted Bertuzzi.

Chara was a 3rd round pick. The truth of the matter with Chara is Rich Winter wanted a lot of money in Chara's next deal. Milbury obviously didn't think he was worth it so he traded him. Please tell me what Luongo has won in the NHL? Milbury drafted Tim Connolly & ruined him as an 18 year old. Fortunately for Timmy he made a lot of money during his career because of all that potential. Taylor Pyatt has had a solid career, but he wasn't worth the 8th pick overall. Branislav Meizei at 10th was a doozy. Kristian Kudroc in the 1st round was another one. They took Mike Rupp 8th overall & decided not to sign him. I & Isles fans everywhere will NEVER forgive Milpuke for taking Robert Nilsson over Zach Parise. It was a no brainer pick & he couldn't even get that right.

Well to be fair Luongo has had a better career then Dipetro. Even today on TV Milbury does seem like a giant A-hole. Not that Sather has been as bad as that but Hugh Jessiman was the last player in that draft to play in the NHL next pick was Dustin Brown. Giroux was taken right after our pick and he keeps drafting defenseman in the first round yet we havent had an offense in NY since he first traded for Jagr.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see a trade happening between two rivals. I mean I would be pissed if we made a trade to help the Flyers get better. That and other the Giroux I cant think of anyone on that team I would want.

I would take Simmonds, Voracek or Hartnell in a heartbeat for MDZ, just saying.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Simmonds, Voracek or Hartnell in a heartbeat for MDZ, just saying.

Maybe Simmonds but no way would I take Hartnell he has had one great season and even if he can do it again he is definitely on the downside of his career MDZ maybe having a rough season but I would rather have his potential then Hartnell wearing out.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Simmonds but no way would I take Hartnell he has had one great season and even if he can do it again he is definitely on the downside of his career MDZ maybe having a rough season but I would rather have his potential then Hartnell wearing out.

Idk we need a guy like Hartnell who will work in the dirty areas and aggitate the other team and get those cleanup goals in front. But it wont happen.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk we need a guy like Hartnell who will work in the dirty areas and aggitate the other team and get those cleanup goals in front. But it wont happen.

Dont we have a whole team of those types of players. Maybe not a whole team anymore why Pyatt Cally and Boyle are definitely those types of players.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont we have a whole team of those types of players. Maybe not a whole team anymore why Pyatt Cally and Boyle are definitely those types of players.

Cally mainly, Boyle and Pyatt suck. Boyle never uses his size to his advantage and Pyatt is soft. We never have anybody in front of the net, Kreider has been trying more often, even J.T Miller but for some reason we don't play him anymore. It's a reason I would love to acquire a guy like Moulson at the deadline, it's how he scores most of his goals.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cally mainly, Boyle and Pyatt suck. Boyle never uses his size to his advantage and Pyatt is soft. We never have anybody in front of the net, Kreider has been trying more often, even J.T Miller but for some reason we don't play him anymore. It's a reason I would love to acquire a guy like Moulson at the deadline, it's how he scores most of his goals.

I wouldnt say Boyle sucks but you are correct he does need to set himself up in front of the net more. But he is good on faceoffs good on the PK gets in the corner and works. What more can you ask for from a 4th line center.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt say Boyle sucks but you are correct he does need to set himself up in front of the net more. But he is good on faceoffs good on the PK gets in the corner and works. What more can you ask for from a 4th line center.

One that would show up more consistently on the scoresheet, like he proved over the last few years that he can. He is one of our best forwards come playoff time and has been the last few years, I would love for him to get back to that 20 goal mark, but I don't see it happening. He does need to use his size more and he showed he could the other night in Nashville when he turned his back to the defender and used his strength to protect the puck before getting a shot off, needs to do more of that.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DarrenDreger:

NYR rumored in deals on daily basis. Defenceman Dylan McIlrath has earned a chance given his play in AHL. Perhaps, a trade isn't necessary?
No match between Sens and NYR on Del Zotto. Told Ott made Gryba, Greening and Condra available. Fit wasn't right for NYR.

LOL DZ is worth more than those scrubs.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why do they want to trade Del Zotto again? Is there even a game plan on who or what type of player they want in return or do they just want to trade him for the sake of trading him? He's the Rangers top offensive dman, trading him could really mess up the dynamics of the team if they don't get the right type of player(s) in return. Seems sort of risky to me.

inthecrease

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to feel that McIlrath is becoming a bust honestly. Skjei is still a few years away.
I get to see many AHL games via Dish. McIlrath is another Sather BUST.
Whoever scouts for that team , they really suck. They just do not
identify good hockey talent. Just shows how deficient Ranger talent is.
With all the money in that franchise, they definitely cannot pick
good hockey players. A joke.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sather probably does need to go. Only reason he doesn't have to worry about his job is because he won multiple Cups for a different franchise about 25 years ago.

inthecrease

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out West, Sather is laughable. He is seen as having BIG pockets with
all that Dolan money. Rangers are a running joke out here in Arizona.
They are hockey's Chicago Cubs....Besides, they are in very weak
East Division. Western teams are very strong this year.
***Detroit franchise lucked out by moving to the Eastern Conference.
Though they are one of the very best run hockey organizations.
Rangers, to say the least, not even a top 20 organization. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sather probably does need to go. Only reason he doesn't have to worry about his job is because he won multiple Cups for a different franchise about 25 years ago.

And Dolan but his friends before the franchise. If he could get away with it he would hire Isiah Thomas back.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get to see many AHL games via Dish. McIlrath is another Sather BUST.
Whoever scouts for that team , they really suck. They just do not
identify good hockey talent. Just shows how deficient Ranger talent is.
With all the money in that franchise, they definitely cannot pick
good hockey players. A joke.

Callahan, Kreider, Hagelin, Stepan, Staal, Sauer, Del Zotto, Miller, Dubi, Artie....

Since Gordie Clarke took over the drafting has been better. So because McIlrath hasn't panned out we use the word ''another''? You're wrong here, dude...

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why do they want to trade Del Zotto again? Is there even a game plan on who or what type of player they want in return or do they just want to trade him for the sake of trading him? He's the Rangers top offensive dman, trading him could really mess up the dynamics of the team if they don't get the right type of player(s) in return. Seems sort of risky to me.

He gets worse of a rep then he deserves. He's not as bad as this fanbase makes him out to be. He's just that guy that every team has, you know the one you can always point out something bad about but never the good part?

But that never happens with almighty Callahan, nobody calls him out when he sucks, he's a saint, but god forbid DZ makes one mistake and he's crucified by this fanbase. If he's going to be moved it will be in a package for a top 6 winger or a top 4 right handed D man.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think the Coyotes should be laughing at anyone. considering it took a desperate attempt by the league to get an owner that would keep them in AZ. They havent won a cup even as the Jets and have a long history of not being very good.

You say the Rangers are the Cubs but considering the Kings only won last year San Jose Vancouver Yotes, Blues all have no Stanley Cups.

It is true the west is a bit stronger then the East this year but only one team can play for the cup in each conference

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
***Detroit franchise lucked out by moving to the Eastern Conference.
Though they are one of the very best run hockey organizations.
Rangers, to say the least, not even a top 20 organization. LOL

How is it Sather's fault that his owner doesn't give a shit about the team at all? If you're gonna come at our franchise know what you're talking about please, because you look stupid. It's no secret Dolan cares more about the Knicks than he does the Rangers and he's very content with this team just making the playoffs, as to actually going far. The Knicks are his bread winners and they suck, we're just the red headed step child.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets worse of a rep then he deserves. He's not as bad as this fanbase makes him out to be. He's just that guy that every team has, you know the one you can always point out something bad about but never the good part?

But that never happens with almighty Callahan, nobody calls him out when he sucks, he's a saint, but god forbid DZ makes one mistake and he's crucified by this fanbase. If he's going to be moved it will be in a package for a top 6 winger or a top 4 right handed D man.

Yup, the whipping boy. No matter what blame seems to fall on him. If they trade him they better get a good offensive dman or else they'll be hurting at the point. BTW, such dmen are rare & not easy to trade for. Maybe trading Del Zotto isn't really worth it?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dolan but his friends before the franchise. If he could get away with it he would hire Isiah Thomas back.

Yeah problem starts with Dolan, doesn't know how to get the right people in there.