• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Del Zotto Trade Approaching?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a tweet in French, Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports in Montreal noted that Michael Del Zotto will be a scratch tomorrow but that he could leave the Rangers via a transaction in the future.

He notes that Del Zotto’s name has been circulating around the NHL.

When Lavoie sent out an English version of the tweet, he wrote “Michael Del Zotto will be a healthy scratch Saturday in MTL. Don’t know if his future is in NY. Hearing trade is a possibility.”

It was reported last week that Del Zotto could be had in a trade but the Rangers would require a defenseman who could play the same kind of minutes.

It was reported earlier in the month that Del Zotto was a name being tossed around as the Rangers looked for help.

Del Zotto is an RFA at the end of the season.

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners

As Ranger fans, we can't say we didn't see this coming. I still think it's too early to give up on DZ, but in the package top a top 6 winger, it may have to be done. Can't believe he will be scratched tomorrow night.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha Ha not going to happen I wish it would but not going to happen.

They need a 2nd line center, we have one in Brassard who has been a ghost all year. Throw in Miller who is being wasted on the 4th line playing 10 minutes a game and a 1st round pick and maybe even Fast and we have ourselves a deal.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Sather has been ''kicking tires'' with other teams about DZ, but nothing imminent yet. He's back in the lineup tonight.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Sather has been ''kicking tires'' with other teams about DZ, but nothing imminent yet. He's back in the lineup tonight.

I would like to see them move him for some offense but the way he is playing right now I dont see us getting much.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy like Mchalek from Ottawa would be nice.

Well something has to be done because our defense is getting pretty filled and if guys like Mcllrath and Skjei really start working out we will have a log jam at defense but still not have any offense.

I still think Yakupov is still in play despite what Edmonton management says

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well something has to be done because our defense is getting pretty filled and if guys like Mcllrath and Skjei really start working out we will have a log jam at defense but still not have any offense.

I am starting to feel that McIlrath is becoming a bust honestly. Skjei is still a few years away.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if the Oilers part with Yakupov they'll want someone at the caliber of Ryan McDonagh in return. Keep in mind Yakupov was the 1st just last year. I don't think they're going to part with him unless they could get something big in return.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Rangers I would be open to making a deal with the Flyers. They got forwards galore, plus they really need a dman with puck moving skills. Might be able to get a decent player or package in return for Del Zotto from the Flyers.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to feel that McIlrath is becoming a bust honestly. Skjei is still a few years away.

Yeah I think most of us knew he wasnt worth the 10th overall pick when we took him. I dont understand why Sather is so bad at drafting.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call him a bust just yet, but so far all he's shown is goon play.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Oilers part with Yakupov they'll want someone at the caliber of Ryan McDonagh in return. Keep in mind Yakupov was the 1st just last year. I don't think they're going to part with him unless they could get something big in return.

I agree that it will take more then DZ but if he continues to under perform it might be one of those where he just doesnt want to be in Edmonton. Maybe a package of DZ Miller and a 2nd can get him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it will take more then DZ but if he continues to under perform it might be one of those where he just doesnt want to be in Edmonton. Maybe a package of DZ Miller and a 2nd can get him.

That would be a pretty good deal. If I'm the Oilers I would want a defensive dman instead of an offensive dman. I think the Rangers would be better off making a deal with the Flyers. I really think Del Zotto would give the Flyers what they need and the Flyers would be able to give the Rangers something good in return. Instead of packaging MDZ to the Oilers, Rangers could probably get a package in return for MDZ to Philly, plus they'll get to keep Miller.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a pretty good deal. If I'm the Oilers I would want a defensive dman instead of an offensive dman. I think the Rangers would be better off making a deal with the Flyers. I really think Del Zotto would give the Flyers what they need and the Flyers would be able to give the Rangers something good in return. Instead of packaging MDZ to the Oilers, Rangers could probably get a package in return for MDZ to Philly, plus they'll get to keep Miller.

I just dont see a trade happening between two rivals. I mean I would be pissed if we made a trade to help the Flyers get better. That and other the Giroux I cant think of anyone on that team I would want.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think most of us knew he wasnt worth the 10th overall pick when we took him. I dont understand why Sather is so bad at drafting.

I was mad when the Isles passed on Fowler at 5 for Niederreiter. When Gordie Clark took McIlrath at 10 for the Rangers I immediately thought back to the horrible drafts he ran for the Isles under Milpuke.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mad when the Isles passed on Fowler at 5 for Niederreiter. When Gordie Clark took McIlrath at 10 for the Rangers I immediately thought back to the horrible drafts he ran for the Isles under Milpuke.

Did you actually have good drafts with Milbury he just traded them away way to early.

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt the Islanders Draft Louongo Chara and Bertuzzi and trade them away pretty quickly.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually have good drafts with Milbury he just traded them away way to early.

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt the Islanders Draft Louongo Chara and Bertuzzi and trade them away pretty quickly.

Don Maloney drafted Bertuzzi.

Chara was a 3rd round pick. The truth of the matter with Chara is Rich Winter wanted a lot of money in Chara's next deal. Milbury obviously didn't think he was worth it so he traded him. Please tell me what Luongo has won in the NHL? Milbury drafted Tim Connolly & ruined him as an 18 year old. Fortunately for Timmy he made a lot of money during his career because of all that potential. Taylor Pyatt has had a solid career, but he wasn't worth the 8th pick overall. Branislav Meizei at 10th was a doozy. Kristian Kudroc in the 1st round was another one. They took Mike Rupp 8th overall & decided not to sign him. I & Isles fans everywhere will NEVER forgive Milpuke for taking Robert Nilsson over Zach Parise. It was a no brainer pick & he couldn't even get that right.