• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deflate-gate III, DO IT!!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stage is set for DeflateGate III, if Patriots are willing to push it
Posted by Mike Florio on December 16, 2016, 12:52 PM EST
gty_499220732_77947980-e1481910703764.jpg
Getty Images
Like many sequels that will spawn even more sequels, DeflateGate II left a few loose ends. Which sets the stage for DeflateGate III.

Yes, there could be a DeflateGate III. Undoubtedly, there won’t be. But there could be.

At a select cold-weather game (possibly on Sunday in Denver, where the high temperature will be 31 degrees), the Patriots could do what the Giants apparently didn’t do in DeflateGate II: File a “formal complaint” during, not after, the game regarding the air pressure in the opponents’ footballs.

To properly lay the foundation, the Patriots would need to get their hands on a Broncos football, via interception or fumble recovery. The Patriots could then alert the league that the football seems underinflated, which would put the NFL in a box.

Based on what happened in the Colts-Patriots postseason game 23 months ago and what didn’t happen 12 days ago during the Giants-Steelers game (because, apparently, the Giants didn’t raise the issue during the game), the league may feel compelled to gather all balls for both teams and test them.

Depending on the timing of the complaint, the testing would happen at halftime or at the end of the game (the latter would be more ideal, given that there would be more time for the testing and likewise more exposure of the balls to the elements). Quite possibly, the final numbers of all footballs for both teams would be in the same range as the New England footballs in January 2015.

And that would operate as a de facto exoneration of the Patriots from DeflateGate I.

Of course, there’s no guarantee that the league would disclose the numbers. Over the past two seasons, the NFL stubbornly has refused to release the measurements obtained during PSI spot checks.

The reason for the silence is simple: Air pressure drops on cold days, and a comparison of PSI readings obtained in a different game to those from the game that spawned DeflateGate I would potentially confirm that the league presumed guilt and clumsily worked backward.

Stage is set for DeflateGate III, if Patriots are willing to push it

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OH I get it, you fell for that phoney crap and now fear having to face reality because it goes against your hatred of all things Patriots.

:yes:

9971f40f6ad8ac1ce54d96b08b3cc0dd2d2650a87c42cb6a7913fe3ffd153ef0.jpg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted by Mike Florio on December 16, 2016, 12:52 PM EST
gty_499220732_77947980-e1481910703764.jpg
Getty Images
Like many sequels that will spawn even more sequels, DeflateGate II left a few loose ends. Which sets the stage for DeflateGate III.

Yes, there could be a DeflateGate III. Undoubtedly, there won’t be. But there could be.

At a select cold-weather game (possibly on Sunday in Denver, where the high temperature will be 31 degrees), the Patriots could do what the Giants apparently didn’t do in DeflateGate II: File a “formal complaint” during, not after, the game regarding the air pressure in the opponents’ footballs.

To properly lay the foundation, the Patriots would need to get their hands on a Broncos football, via interception or fumble recovery. The Patriots could then alert the league that the football seems underinflated, which would put the NFL in a box.

Based on what happened in the Colts-Patriots postseason game 23 months ago and what didn’t happen 12 days ago during the Giants-Steelers game (because, apparently, the Giants didn’t raise the issue during the game), the league may feel compelled to gather all balls for both teams and test them.

Depending on the timing of the complaint, the testing would happen at halftime or at the end of the game (the latter would be more ideal, given that there would be more time for the testing and likewise more exposure of the balls to the elements). Quite possibly, the final numbers of all footballs for both teams would be in the same range as the New England footballs in January 2015.

And that would operate as a de facto exoneration of the Patriots from DeflateGate I.

Of course, there’s no guarantee that the league would disclose the numbers. Over the past two seasons, the NFL stubbornly has refused to release the measurements obtained during PSI spot checks.

The reason for the silence is simple: Air pressure drops on cold days, and a comparison of PSI readings obtained in a different game to those from the game that spawned DeflateGate I would potentially confirm that the league presumed guilt and clumsily worked backward.

I like the way Mike Florio is thinking here. I can't believe I just said that.
We know NE won't do this as witnessed by their lack of talking about DFG # 1 and the NYG/PIT game. Even TB12 continues to take the high road when asked about anything to do with either.
NFL Teams check your mailboxes. Roger and company should be sending out a league memo informing teams that manipulation of footballs in anyway will be dealt with. This includes the use of any measuring devices.
Oh yeah and if that doesn't work effective immediately the NFL is on holiday schedule and unable to accept formal complaints.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE why did one of the Pat's equipment guys get nicknamed the Deflator?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE why did one of the Pat's equipment guys get nicknamed the Deflator?

No idea, you would have to ask them since it lacks any context, and took place several months before all of it. Guys text lots of stupid sheit, and use lots of dumb nicknames. Give me your cell phone and I can construct a storyline showing you're a racist, regardless of if it's true or not.

The balls deflated via the IGL, you're an idiot at this point if you actually think it was done intentionally.

What took place with the NFL v Brady, is the NFL charged him with murder when no one had actually been killed. Then worked backwords to make their case.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea, you would have to ask them since it lacks any context, and took place several months before all of it. Guys text lots of stupid sheit, and use lots of dumb nicknames. Give me your cell phone and I can construct a storyline showing you're a racist, regardless of if it's true or not.

The balls deflated via the IGL, you're an idiot at this point if you actually think it was done intentionally.

What took place with the NFL v Brady, is the NFL charged him with murder when no one had actually been killed. Then worked backwords to make their case.

Nile1.jpg

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's terrific stuff, now, why do you suppose that Pat's equipment dude got the nickname the Deflator?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's terrific stuff, now, why do you suppose that Pat's equipment dude got the nickname the Deflator?

No idea, you have to ask them since there is no context available to know. Nor is it relevant to NFL v Brady.

The fact that people like you are loose in the world is why there are times where people are put in jail though innocent. People of your type are dangerous to society.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea, you have to ask them since there is no context available to know. Nor is it relevant to NFL v Brady.

The fact that people like you are loose in the world is why there are times where people are put in jail though innocent. People of your type are dangerous to society.

You cannot come up with a scenario where an equipment manager who handles the team's footballs might get nicknamed the deflator?

I can think of one possible explanation.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot come up with a scenario where an equipment manager who handles the team's footballs might get nicknamed the deflator?

I can think of one possible explanation.

If you sat down and pondered for an hour, you could probably come up with lots of scenarios, but you still won't know the answer without the context only they can provide.

You are simply speculating, meanwhile there is overwhelming scientific data to show nothing beyond natural science occurred.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you sat down and pondered for an hour, you could probably come up with lots of scenarios, but you still won't know the answer without the context only they can provide.

You are simply speculating, meanwhile there is overwhelming scientific data to show nothing beyond natural science occurred.

Lots of scenarios?

OK I'll go first. Perhaps the nickname came from him deflating the footballs he was in charge of.

Your turn.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't part of the issue the fact that for a brief time the balls were not where they were supposed to be? That in itself is a violation by the team or the equipment manager. Since the Deflategate issue sounds like they have made sure every game for this not to be an issue again.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't part of the issue the fact that for a brief time the balls were not where they were supposed to be? That in itself is a violation by the team or the equipment manager. Since the Deflategate issue sounds like they have made sure every game for this not to be an issue again.
Why are they still allowing teams to gauge balls after they have been inspected:noidea:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of scenarios?

OK I'll go first. Perhaps the nickname came from him deflating the footballs he was in charge of.

Your turn.

Perhaps he preferred GDP deflator v and his friend preferred CPI, as a means of economic measurement.

You have no fing clue what it was all about and just aren't man enough to admit that you jumped on the guilty band wagon and now can't man up and admit you were wrong.