• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive Holding - Crackdown by Refs?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of football is just bad. If this is how its going to be like in the season I might have to stop watching football and just look at the results and hope my team wins. This type of football is a joke and these refs are just bad.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dude you don't get it... Stop thinking Seattle holds that's why there good.... THIS WILL affect your secondary more than ours... Were deeper in that area so good luck stopping Russell Wilson and our fast receivers if you can't put a dam feeler out... Holding they already call, It's the no contact rule that's gonna make it almost impossible... Dude it's frustrating hearing people think this will just affect Seattle.... This is about the entire league not just Seattle...

agree it affects us more but because our QB isn't a top passer, not because of the CB's. if this rule does what I think it will, most CB's in the NFL become that less effective. so it comes down to which passer can take advantage of more open receivers?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This kind of football is just bad. If this is how its going to be like in the season I might have to stop watching football and just look at the results and hope my team wins. This type of football is a joke and these refs are just bad.

agree because you're tilting it way over to the offense. there is enough scoring right now, they shouldn't make it an Arena League.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No contact was tried in 2004... Didn't work out... Ironically it was Manning again the year prior getting beat up by the Patriots when he was a Colt .... So we already know how this rule affects the game... You can't expect a DB to not put a feeler out when playing defense... This is not about holding, it's about no contact and throwing the flag because a receiver is barely touched... It's asking the impossible... contact happens on almost every play when a DB is covering a receiver..... NFL simply wants more offense PERIOD, it's not about Pete Carroll doing something other coaches haven't done or seen... They review the tapes and it's a copy cat league..

Seattle's backfield plays very physical. The drafted big DBs who play that way. I've seen Sherman engage in alot of contact beyond five yards. They are one of the most physical backfields in the league. They are not like other secondaries. For all talk of these flags, I am watching the 49er preseason game against the Broncos and we are almost to halftime and so far there has only been one backfield penalty called. So kind of tells you something.