• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive Holding - Crackdown by Refs?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be interesting to see how it is enforced. Does this mean a return to smaller quicker DBs?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's defensive secondary is in panic mode.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Where was this crackdown in Super Bowl 47?

Seriously. Crabtree dropped a deep ball where he was hit in the head before the ball got to him, and Culliver dropped what would have been an INT where he was also hit in the head before the ball got to him (and was beaten for the long TD on the next play). That's part of what infuriated me so much about the late PI call against Culliver. It was PI, but to call that penalty in that situation after the way they'd been calling that game was ridiculous.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Crabtree dropped a deep ball where he was hit in the head before the ball got to him, and Culliver dropped what would have been an INT where he was also hit in the head before the ball got to him (and was beaten for the long TD on the next play). That's part of what infuriated me so much about the late PI call against Culliver. It was PI, but to call that penalty in that situation after the way they'd been calling that game was ridiculous.

Yep either keep your flag in your pocket against Cully or throw the flag for PI against Crabs. But the refs didn't see it that way. :gaah:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's not even the worst of it. Apparently you're allowed to literally shove a referee like 4 yards without being thrown out of the game or even called for a penalty. But we all know this already; it was one of the all-time biggest screw-jobs along with the 2005 Seahawks & the 2008 Cardinals & 2007 Chargers.

It's getting easier and easier to play offense in the NFL. It's not even worth comparing the old greats to current players any more because the game isn't even the same game as it used to be. I still love it, but the NFL, but it's an entirely different sport than the one Joe Montana & Dwight Clark played.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not even the worst of it. Apparently you're allowed to literally shove a referee like 4 yards without being thrown out of the game or even called for a penalty. But we all know this already; it was one of the all-time biggest screw-jobs along with the 2005 Seahawks & the 2008 Cardinals & 2007 Chargers.

It's getting easier and easier to play offense in the NFL. It's not even worth comparing the old greats to current players any more because the game isn't even the same game as it used to be. I still love it, but the NFL, but it's an entirely different sport than the one Joe Montana & Dwight Clark played.

Hell, it's even a different game than the one Young and Rice played in.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, just thinking about the Super Bowl makes me angry. And I don't even think the no-flags on the Niners' failed red zone attempts were that awful. How Cary Williams wasn't ejected and they called offsetting penalties on that play is so far beyond me I don't have words. Justin Smith was ejected for moving the hand of an official who was shoving him in the chest. Williams assaulted an official and didn't even get 15 yards for it? Perhaps more significantly, I can't believe hte league never addressed that after the fact.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I had actually forgotten the league didn't even fine Williams. What a frickin' joke.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brace-Yourselves-Football.jpg

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's defensive secondary is in panic mode.

Will be interesting to see how stricter penalties will be called. I've noticed Sherman likes to grab and be physical beyond five yards to disrupt routes. I've seen jerseys grabbed and he will grab a WR's hands to slow him down. I wonder if the league will start cracking down on thaty.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't be excited for this. The NFL is becoming more and more of a non contact sport.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's going to be infuriating is when these officials throw the flag... that's when it kills me....

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the road to the Superbowl runs through Seattle (perhaps literally) I can't understand why you guys are complaining. Imagine if that secondary wasn't allowed to get away with murder.

I can understand complaining that this helps offenses more or whatever but if really all it is is putting all teams on a level playing field and forcing Seattle to be less physical, I can't see it being anything but a good thing.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the road to the Superbowl runs through Seattle (perhaps literally) I can't understand why you guys are complaining. Imagine if that secondary wasn't allowed to get away with murder.

I can understand complaining that this helps offenses more or whatever but if really all it is is putting all teams on a level playing field and forcing Seattle to be less physical, I can't see it being anything but a good thing.

idk about everyone but i'm throwing sh*t to the wall when I see flags against us for less physicality compared to the soon to be no flags on Seattle's much more physicality.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk about everyone but i'm throwing sh*t to the wall when I see flags against us for less physicality compared to the soon to be no flags on Seattle's much more physicality.

Well yeah but then nothing will have changed. That's already the status quo my dude.